AN Forums

The Buy Stuff Thread

Received today:

Power supply for HP notebook computer: $9.49 (off eBay)

Importance: I can now use this computer to view AN Online Player on my HDTV in the living room. It’s still not as good as ANOD from DirecTV, but with Valkyrie Media partners trying to squeeze out the free users, it’s the only game in town.

As we all know Friday was Borders last day of Business, so I went to see what was on sale!

Turns out they had a 4 books for 1 dollar thing going on so I couldnt resist!

Air Gear: 14
Dance in the Vampire Bund: 6, 7, 8
Excel Saga: 21
Hayate the Combat Butler: 15
Hyde Closer: 2
Maoh Juvenile Remix: 2
Princess Resurrection: 5, 7
Raiders: 3, 4, 6
Sayonara, Zetsubou-Sensei: 4, 5
Shaman King: 19, 22
Ultimo: 2
Vampire Kisses: 2

Got them all for about 7 dollars.

Ordered From Amazon:
Pee-wee’s Big Adventure [Blu-ray] $14.99
Drive Angry [Blu-ray 3D + 2D] $11.99

Wanted to get Pee-Wee’s Big Adventure and was having trouble finding something to add so just threw in Drive Angry at that price even though I have it on DVD.

Speaking of Movies next week is going to be a killer Lion King , Scream 4 , Fast Five.

My wallet weeps already…lol. I don’t care for the Fast movies, but I have Scream and Lion King preordered. BTW, the ending to Scream is AWESOME! :slight_smile:

Came Yesterday

Nightmare on Elm Street Parts 2 and 3 Bluray

Part 3 is probably my favorite of the sequels, along with New Nightmare.

One of my friends and I went to Suncoast not too long ago (First time I’ve used my driver’s lisence for myself) and got quite a few things. :slight_smile: It seems to amaze me how I bought all of this for $36:

-Squid Girl (TV Series Part 1)
-Neon Genesis Evoagelion (Collection 0:1)
-Utawarerumono (Mask of a Stranger (1))
-Godzilla vs. King Gidora
-Godzilla vs. Mothra: The Battle for Earth
-I,Robot
-Desperado
-Galaxy Railways (1)

Granted I did use my backstage pass and there was a “buy one, get the second half off” for used DVDs. Most of the movies and one of the shows were for my friend, who really likes Godzilla and Galaxy Railways. :stuck_out_tongue:

Got from Target:
Fast Five (Two-Disc Blu-ray/DVD Combo + Digital Copy in Blu-ray Packaging)$19.99
The Lion King (Four-Disc Diamond Edition Blu-ray 3D / Blu-ray / DVD / Digital Copy)(Target Exclusive Digital Soundtrack)$24.99
Scream 4 Blu-ray/DVD Combo With CD (Target Exclusive)$24.99

Getting tired of Target’s stuffing Blu-ray’s with slipcovers in security cases way to small that damages the slipcovers. Had to pull out almost every copy of Lion King they had on the shelf to find one less damaged. Speaking of Slipcovers I found it odd Scream 4 did not have one. Not a big deal since my other three don’t have them either.

I been playing Fallout: New Vegas and because of this game I began to crave Sarsaparilla. So in epic search for the beverage I failed to find it from any of the local vendors, so I bought a 24 bottle case for $29.99 plus $25.XX for shipping. MADNESS!! I say I almost paid as much for shipping than the case itself. Sioux City Sarsaparilla why must you be so rare where live?

missing_nin89 wrote:

Sometimes it costs more to ship than the product! I bought a granite surface plate for $20ish and paid $300 to get it shipped LTL (too heavy to send UPS).

rish11 wrote:

[quote]missing_nin89 wrote:

Sometimes it costs more to ship than the product! I bought a granite surface plate for $20ish and paid $300 to get it shipped LTL (too heavy to send UPS).[/quote]

Ouch and I thought my shipping price was bad. When shipping rates seem to get so high it’s almost tempting to travel and pick it up yourself and get a vacation out of the deal.

Arrived Yesterday from Amazon:

Scream 4 Bluray/DVD/Digital Copy $19.99

**Got from Target:
American Psycho [Blu-ray] $5.00
Scary Movie 2 [Blu-ray] $5.00
Scary Movie 3 [Blu-ray] $5.00

Ordered from Amazon:
Scary Movie [Blu-ray] $8.99
Flash Gordon [Blu-ray] $14.99

Not touching Scary Movie 4 to it goes down to at least $5.00. Flash Gordon I wanted to upgrade to the Blu-ray even though it’s not much of an upgrade. It’s a triple dip.

Target was out of the T2 Skynet editon for $5.00 and I could not get the Ninth Gate out of the rack. Seriously who ever they got stocking shelf’s at Target has some issues. Also why the hell do you put $5.00 Blu-rays in security cases?

psychopuppet wrote:

[quote]Got from Target:

Ordered from Amazon:
Sharpie King Size Permanent Marker, 1 Black Marker $1.05
(to meet free shipping)

Not touching Scary Movie 4 to it goes down to at least $5.00. Flash Gordon I wanted to upgrade to the Blu-ray even though it’s not much of an upgrade. It’s a triple dip.

Target was out of the T2 Skynet editon for $5.00 and I could not get the Ninth Gate out of the rack. Seriously who ever they got stocking shelf’s at Target has some issues. Also why the hell do you put $5.00 Blu-rays in security cases?[/quote]

I’m going to have to check my local Target. There are a couple good Blu-ray movies there for 5 bucks.
Slick

slickwolfie wrote:

[quote]psychopuppet wrote:

Ordered from Amazon:
Sharpie King Size Permanent Marker, 1 Black Marker $1.05
(to meet free shipping)

Target was out of the T2 Skynet editon for $5.00 and I could not get the Ninth Gate out of the rack. Seriously who ever they got stocking shelf’s at Target has some issues. Also why the hell do you put $5.00 Blu-rays in security cases?
I’m going to have to check my local Target. There are a couple good Blu-ray movies there for 5 bucks.
Slick[/quote]

The list I got from another site is:
American Psycho
Another Stakeout
Gross Anatomy
Highlander
The Ninth Gate
The Others
Terminator 2 (Skynet Edition)
Scary Movie 2
Scary Movie 3
Stargate First Blu-ray release not the 15 anniversary edition.
Young Guns

Amazon is coming close to matching on most of them.

I thought I had Highlander already so I did not look to see if they had that. Since I got home and realized I don’t I may have to make another trip when I drop someone off at the rental place close by.

psychopuppet wrote:

[quote]

The list I got from another site is:
American Psycho
Another Stakeout
Gross Anatomy
Highlander
The Ninth Gate
The Others
Terminator 2 (Skynet Edition)
Scary Movie 2
Scary Movie 3
Stargate First Blu-ray release not the 15 anniversary edition.
Young Guns

Amazon is coming close to matching on most of them.

I thought I had Highlander already so I did not look to see if they had that. Since I got home and realized I don’t I may have to make another trip when I drop someone off at the rental place close by.[/quote]

American Psycho, Highlander, The Ninth Gate, Terminator 2 and Stargate are all mine if I can grab them today. Thanks for the heads up PP.
Slick

No Problem.

Ordered from Rightstuf:
Deadman Wonderland Graphic Novel 5 (224 pgs) $10.41

I thought I’d never get a copy for a good price.

Looks like Righstuf got a hold of some Tokyopop stuff.

Since struck out at Target Ordered from Amazon:
Highlander: Director’s Cut [Blu-ray] $6.49
Terminator 2: Judgment Day (Skynet Edition) [Blu-ray] $5.49

Found at another Target while I was over in the Maryland.
Stargate (Extended Cut) [Blu-ray] $5.30
3:10 to Yuma (2008) [Blu-ray] $5.30

**Came in the mail today:
JEM And The Holograms: The Truly Outrageous Complete Series $56.99
Highlander: Director’s Cut [Blu-ray] $6.49
Pee-wee’s Big Adventure [Blu-ray] $14.99
Drive Angry [Blu-ray 3D] $11.99
Sailor Moon Playing cards $4.72

JEM And The Holograms: The Truly Outrageous Complete Series is awesomely put together. I was expecting a cheap paperbox they put the three keep cases in a nice chipboard artbox. Very nicely done one at that all shiny and pink. Well worth what I paid.

Pre-ordered:
Cowboys & Aliens (Blu-ray+DVD+Digital Copy in Blu-ray Packaging) [Blu-ray] $22.79
Uncanny X-Force: The Dark Angel Saga Book 1 [Hardcover] $15.50

Figured most combo’s don’t go below 22.99 anyway so for that price it’s one less release I have to run to a store for.

Came Today:
Terminator 2: Judgment Day (Skynet Edition) [Blu-ray] $5.49

psychopuppet wrote:

I did buy Transformers: Dark of the Moon BD/DVD + Digital Copy Combo at Best Buy for $19.99 last Saturday. I think that was a special deal since there’s a Wal-Mart close by that they seem to really compete with.

That’s fine by me. :slight_smile:

Mark Gosdin

**Got today:
Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides (Five-Disc Combo: Blu-ray 3D / Blu-ray / DVD / Digital Copy) With Lego Mini Black Pearl Target Exclusive $24.99

Batman: Year One (Blu-ray/DVD Combo + Digital Copy) $19.99