The Buy Stuff Thread

You gotta watch out for Millcreek blurays. They are notorious for bad encoding. I have a couple of those and after the last PS3 update, they stopped working. But hey, they were only a dollar.

Yeah I know about their encodes.
Funny thing is the lady from moviestop was behind me in line and said they are worth more on trade then I paid.
I only went for the Ernest movies and well I walked out with one copy of each they had.

[quote=“psychopuppet” post=128476]

Yeah I know about their encodes.
Funny thing is the lady from moviestop was behind me in line and said they are worth more on trade then I paid.
I only went for the Ernest movies and well I walked out with one copy of each they had.[/quote]

For a $1 each, if they eventually stop working it’s not a big deal.

Mark Gosdin

this week:
Big Bad Beetleborgs Season 1 Volume 1
VR Troopers - Season 1, Volume 1

Today:
A Christmas Story Blu Ray

Recently also got:
WWE 13, Assassin’s Creed III, NHL 13, Playstation Plus Year Memebership, 4000 x-box live points (for my nephew).

Have gotten a lot of things lately, especially with my birthday a few weeks back. Having to buy gifts for myself is kind of disheartening though. =(

• CM Punk : Best in the World on Blu-ray
  • Core i5 3570 & Gigabyte GA-Z77-UD5H (well, I actually got these back in August, but saved for my bday)
  • Creed Original Santal 1 oz and Aventus 2.5 oz (Two of the best fragrances I’ve ever had the pleasure of smelling)
  • More Diesel jeans
  • Assassin’s Creed III (Midnight release)
  • WWE '13 (Midnight release)
  • Dishonored (Release day)
  • Other things that I am sure I’m forgetting…

I’ve bought too much stuff expensive stuff recently…

-Assassin’s Creed III Deluxe Edition on steam(funny story about this, which I’ll add after the list)

-Persona 4: Golden Solid Gold Premium Edition (Story about this too)

-LG Blu-ray drive for my computer, which came with software for playing blu-rays.

-Seagate Barracuda 3TB hard drive… I got this from one of Amazon’s Black Friday deals for only $96 after tax… A good deal for 3 Terabytes.

Now then… the hell I went through this week with two of these things (see: First World Problems)
This is quite a long story, so hang on tight!

[spoiler]So a long time ago, I pre-ordered two games on Steam… Hitman: Absolution for $49.99, and Assassin’s Creed III: Deluxe Edition for $79.99… When you pre-order a game from Steam, they charge your credit card right away. You can cancel a pre-order (and only pre-orders) if you send an email to Steam’s customer support and request a refund.

It wasn’t until the Friday before their simultaneous release on Tuesday, that I realized that both of these games released on the same day… I can’t play two games at once, so I decided I wanted to cancel one of these pre-orders. Keep in mind that these games are going to be released in 4 days, and after they’re releaesd I can’t get a refund. After a long bit of thinking, I decided I would cancel my pre-order for Hitman: Absolution.
I contacted Steam Support requesting a refund. Simple enough, and I got a response the next day, asking if I wanted the money as a credit to my steam wallet for future purchases, or of I wanted it refunded directly back to my credit card. I chose the latter. I got a response that same day, saying that my pre-order was canceled. “great!” I thought to myself, until I got an email from Steam:

[quote]We have refunded your purchase of the items listed below. The credit should appear in your account within several business days.

Refunded items:

Assassin’s Creed 3 Deluxe Edition Pre-Order (includes coupon)
Transaction details:

Visa ending with XXXX
79.99 USD
Confirmation Number XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Date Confirmed Sat Nov 17 15:16:43 2012

For help or product support, please visit http://support.steampowered.com.
The Steam Support Team
http://www.steampowered.com [/quote]

“****” Is what I said to myself as I looked at this, and I quickly went back to my support ticket, and mentioned that the wrong game was canceled… I got no response from Steam Support. Tuesday came around and still nothing. So, figuring I couldn’t do anything about it anymore, I decided I would play the game I had. I installed Hitman: Absolution at midnight, and played the crap out of it for 7 hours straight. Then I went to bed. When I woke up a few hours later, I had a response to my ticket, which essentially said “Sorry about that, I removed Hitman from your library and added Assassin’s Creed III back.”

I didn’t know this was even possible. Worse yet, I had been playing Hitman, so I now have it installed on my computer but I no longer own it. I replied with my concerns about what had happened, with the additional query as to the status of my original refund. The support tech said that I could just delete Hitman from my computer, and that my original refund will still apply since it was his mistake to begin with. Which means that I had paid $49.99 for Hitman: Absolution, and received my $79.99 for Assassin’s Creed III back. But in the end I was left with no Hitman: Absolution, and a copy of Assassin’s Creed III. So I essentially got the game for $49.99, which is $30 off the price :slight_smile:

Now… About Persona 4: Golden

I pre-ordered Persona 4: Golden Solid Gold Premium Edition back in August the day it went up for pre-order. When Atlus says they’re only making 10,000 copies of a limited edition, you can bet that they’re only going to make 10,000 copies. This isn’t something like Halo, where you can go into a Best Buy 3 years later and still find the limited edition for 50% off. Atlus has a rabid fan base, and those 10,000 copies were gone quick. I was proud of myself for securing one.

Well, come release day, which was this last Tuesday, November 20th…

I get a nice email from Amazon.com:

[quote]Hello,

We wanted to let you know that there is an unexpected delay with your video game order (Order# XXX-XXXXXXXXX-XXXXXXXX) you placed on August 24, 2012. Unfortunately, we are unable to ship the product(s) as soon as we expected and need to provide you with a new estimate of when they may be delivered:

"Persona 4 Golden: Solid Gold Premium Edition"
New Delivery Estimate: December 19, 2012

We will make every effort to get the delayed item(s) to you as soon as possible. If there are other items in your order, they’ll be shipped according to the delivery estimates listed in the order details in Your Account (www.amazon.com/youraccount) at no additional cost.
[/quote]

So now I’m sitting there, wondering what the hell happened to my limited edition… Me and a lot of other angry people. I sent two emails to amazon support, the first one was just a simple “what’s going on” deal, and I got a response that didn’t give me any information, except that they “realize this can be a frustrating situation.” But I wasn’t frustrated at all really. I was pissed off.

I wrote another email, which was a little more… angry. I got a response which basically told me to go look for it on the Amazon Marketplace.

Over the next few days, a lot of people were saying that their delivery date was bumped to a reasonable November 26th, and they were charged the cost, and have their product shipping soon… I was not one of these people… So by Thursday or so, I decided to forget about ever getting it from amazon, and I canceled my order and managed to grab a copy from eBay, for a reasonable-ish $100, which is about $30 more than retail (convenient, no?). Still well worth it since Persona 4 is one of my favorite games of all time.[/spoiler]

Amazing Spider-Man Blu Ray
Doctor Who: The Ambassadors of Death
Doctor Who: The Claws of Axos - Special Edition
Expendables 2 Blu-ray
Godzilla vs. Megalon
Hero Man Volume 1
Plus a bunch of this weeks comics.

Got today:

Indiana Jones: The Complete Adventures [Blu-ray] Target exclusive with 5 lithographs $35.00

Its $75.99 in store but Targets website has it listed for $45.00 . For the holidays they will price match any online site . So you have to take it up front with a print out of the web page showing the online price they will go look it up and PM . Now there is also a $10.00 coupon on targets website so print that out and hand it to them after the PM. $35.00 out the door. May have to get them to get a copy from the back so make sure you have the Store Item Number (DPCI): 058-40-0072.

Bought a Seagate 3TB GoFlex Home NAS.

This thing is big enough to handle all our Videos and Music plus backups of every PC in the house.

All for $150 + Tax. Incredible.

Mark Gosdin

So a few days ago I picked up vol. 4-7 of H.o.t.D. since I had 1-3, Then got Edgar Allen Poe’s complete works and the Necronomicon. Boy do I feel spiffy… not. XD Good reads btw.

Got for christmas:
Family Guy Volume 10
Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman - The Complete 1st Season
Lord of the Rings, The - The Motion Picture Trilogy - Extended Edition - Blu-ray
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Season 4 and 6
Venture Brothers Season 1 and 2

Wii U Deluxe Edition
New Super Mario Brothers Wii U
Call Of Duty Black Ops II
Zombi U
Sonic All Star Racing Transformed (Wii U)
Uncharted 3 (PS3)
Heavy Rain (PS3)
Lego Lord Of The Rings (PS3)
Lego Batman 2: DC Super Heroes (PS3)
Asura Wraith (PS3)
Dragon’s Dogma (PS3)
Metal Gear Solid 4 (PS3)
Max Payne 3 (PS3)
Fallout New Vegas (PS3)
LA Noire (PS3)
Pokemon Black 2

And ordered online with gift card I got:
Scribblenauts Unlimited (Wii U)

At magfest:
2 Japanese Tenchi Games
God Of War Collection (PS3)
Red Dead Redempition (PS3)
Wild Arms (PS1)
Wild Arms 4 (PS2)
Xenosaga E1 (PS2)
Megaman X7 (PS2)
Full Metal Alchemist and Broken Angel (PS2)
Final Fantasy Chronicles: FFIV and Chrono Trigger

Con Drama Year 1
Angry Video Game Nerd Volume 1
Cinematic Catsstrophes

Picked up on sunday:
Lugi’s Masion (Gamecube)
Metroid Prime (Gamecube)
Capcom Collection (PS2)

On Wednesday:
Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter Blu-ray
Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn

Plus two weeks of comic books.

Came in Monday:
Captain Power Complete Series
Super Mario Bros Super Show! Showdown in Brooklyn
Super Mario World: Yoshi the Superstar
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Season 7 and 8
Kid Rock: Rebel Soul cd

Technically, I bought this during the JQ2 Kickstarter.
However, I recieved my JQ2 supporters package yesterday!

Time to dust off this thread.

Ordered today for 3DS:

Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D
Mario & Luigi: Dream Team

Got for christmas:
Doctor Who - The Beginning
Doctor Who - Complete Series 1-7 All Blu-ray Giftset
Doctor Who - Dalek War
Doctor Who - The Key to Time - Special Edition
Doctor Who - The Tenth Planet
Doctor Who: Inferno - Special Edition
Doctor Who: The Dalek Invasion of Earth
Doctor Who: The Deadly Assassin
Doctor Who: The Dominators
Doctor Who: The Invisible Enemy
Doctor Who: The Movie - Special Edition
Doctor Who: The Sea Devils
Doctor Who: The Talons of Weng-Chiang - Special Edition
Doctor Who: The Trial of a Time Lord
Doctor Who: Terror of the Autons
This Is the End - DTS-HD Master Audio (2013) – Blu-ray
PWG Battle Of Los Angles 2013 Night 1 and 2
Barbed Wire City- The Unauthorized Story of ECW
Seven Levels Of Hate
CZW - Tournament of Death XII
Shine 1
Best of 2000s the 10 Disc DVD-R Set
History & Tradition: Story of the National Wrestling Alliance
ROH VS SCUM 3 DISC DVD
Legend Of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds (Nintendo 3Ds)
Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth (Nintendo DS)
Super Mario 3D World (Nintendo Wii U)
Playstation 4
FIFA 14 (PS4)
Assassins Creed 4 (PS4)
Injustice Ultimate Edition (PS4)
NBA 2K14 (PS4)
Need For Speed Rivals (XBox One)
$50 Playstation Network Card
$50 X-Box Live Card

On Order:
Garfield Show: Holiday Collection - Garfield; DVD
Doctor Who: The War Machines (Story 27)
Doctor Who: Attack of the Cybermen (Story 138)
Doctor Who: The Black Guardian Trilogy (Mawdryn Undead / Terminus / Enlightenment) (Stories 126 - 128)
Doctor Who: Silver Nemesis (Story 154)
The Dalek Collection - DR. WHO
Doctor Who: The Greatest Show in the Galaxy (Story 155)
Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney (Nintendo DS)

Well after a looong time, and buying something really big … a house. I’ve got a new gadget on the way from NewEgg:

PENTAX Q7 Yellow Lens-interchangeable SL D

This is to take the place of an 8+ year old Nikon Coolpix camera. Nothing wrong with the Nikon, but the Pentax does a whole lot more in terms of image clarity and functionality. I’ll pass the Nikon over to the wife or one of the kids.

Mark Gosdin

My computer sound setup:

ASUS A54C (Laptop connected to 24" Dell Monitor)
Yamaha P30 (Turntable)
Technics RS-B11W (Dual Cassette Deck)
Yamaha RX-360 (Stereo Receiver 45 Watts Per Channel)
Nikko EQ-II (Stereo Equalizer)
Pioneer BS-21 (Bookshelf Speakers)
Pioneer SW-8-K (8" 50 Watt Subwoofer)

I bought most of the equipment over the past 2 years, Laptop & Speakers were new, the rest used from various places. It can get seriously loud if I want it to. Some of Sentai’s anime has serious bass. :astonished:

Mark Gosdin

So I finally got around to taking pics of my new desktop speakers.

Here’s my old post with the pics of my last upgrade.

And here’s the new upgrade.

They’re much bigger than the previous ones, taking up most of my desktop on either side.
However, man these things are LOUD when I crank them up.

This thread used to be a lot of fun.

I recently bought:

• Grayson: Agents of Spyral (graphic novel)
  • Grayson: We All Die at Dawn (graphic novel)
  • Mr. Mercedes by Stephen King

Also, just for kicks, here’s a list of 74 things you can get for free!

1 Like

Yes or No - should I buy this?

3 Likes

YES. You should throw your money at them, TBH.

Mark Gosdin

2 Likes