The Football Thread

Do the Steelers have to make every game close, they should have been better, they are the type of team that beat Miami two years ago 3-0 on a last minute field goal(I know they were playing in quicksand that game)?

mitamaking wrote:

They did play the Titans, who were great last year. Pittsburgh couldnā€™t run the ball against the Titans defense. Iā€™m hoping that was due to the fact that the Titans have that good of a run defense.
Slick

What can I say? The Bears still suck. :stuck_out_tongue:

DA BEARS are done!

Doesnā€™t matter, Rai and my team are poised to win it all this year! As I mentioned to Raiā€¦ if only the playoffs were in October. :wink:

Going to watch tonightā€™s highlight show shortly to catch up on all the games since I donā€™t think Iā€™ll be following the sport as religiously as in the past. 9 hrs of game-day is just too long for me nowadays - not much interest nor time.

slickwolfie wrote:

[quote]mitamaking wrote:

They did play the Titans, who were great last year. Pittsburgh couldnā€™t run the ball against the Titans defense. Iā€™m hoping that was due to the fact that the Titans have that good of a run defense.
Slick[/quote]

Yeah me to. But Pittsburgh does have a habit of having a weak first half, and making strong comeback in the last two quarters. It keeps things exciting :slight_smile:

Ben Roethlisberger is trolling you. Which is fairly mild considering what else heā€™s accused ofā€¦

TommytheResurrected wrote:

I get a little leery of those accusations when the person making them didnā€™t file police charges, but went straight for a law suit. But honestly, you never knowā€¦

Thatā€™s why I donā€™t put any of them on pedestals. Certainly there are a lot of classy individuals that play the game, but there are also a lot with disturbing and troubled pasts. One never truly knows anymore.

BRETT FAVRE!!! WTF!!!

I mean seriously!!! Heā€™s the Arnold Palmer of Football!!!

WHO THE HELL CAN STOP A TEAM LIKE THAT!!!

Brett Favre can (when he throws INTs). :wink:

Dear Dragoon,

My Team: 23
Your Team: 20

My reaction: http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/3849/bwahahav.jpg

Your reaction: http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/3127/braincancer.jpg

Which was your team? :stuck_out_tongue:

Go Bengals!!!
Who Dey!!

Oh, pfft. Steelers are slick and codyā€™s team.

Rai and My team are headed to the Superbowl!

outlander wrote:

[quote]Go Bengals!!!
Who Dey!![/quote]

Yes, the Steelers lost to the lowly Bengals for the first time in what seems like 50 years. But they played a good game and earned the victory, so congrats. Donā€™t get too happy though, Pittsburgh tends to start poorly each year, then win the Superbowl. Weā€™ll get you in Pittsburgh.
Slick
PS, the Cowboys still suck!

I canā€™t believe people forgot that dragoon liked the team that couldnā€™t even win their big home opener on nationwide tv while Jerry Jones picked his nose.

AND FAVRE LED THE VIKINGS ON ONE OF HIS FORTH QUARTER COMEBACK :S

mitamaking wrote:

[quote]I canā€™t believe people forgot that dragoon liked the team that couldnā€™t even win their big home opener on nationwide tv while Jerry Jones picked his nose.

AND FAVRE LED THE VIKINGS ON ONE OF HIS FORTH QUARTER COMEBACK :S[/quote]

Youā€™re welcome, Vikings. But still, Rodgers >>> Farve

Mita we did that to trick you guys. This year itā€™s happening in reverse, weā€™re gonna start out slow and finish hot, vs the usual starting off hot and finishing off slow.

Plus no oneā€™s stadium can even compare to ours. :wink: Weā€™ll be winning the Superbowl this or next year, watch for it!

dragoon wrote:

[quote]Mita we did that to trick you guys. This year itā€™s happening in reverse, weā€™re gonna start out slow and finish hot, vs the usual starting off hot and finishing off slow.

Plus no oneā€™s stadium can even compare to ours. :wink: Weā€™ll be winning the Superbowl this or next year, watch for it![/quote]

Lambeau Field>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Whatever company Jones needed to pay for it stadium.

Weā€™ll see what you have to say next monday night. :wink: