AN Forums

The Football Thread


#21

Do the Steelers have to make every game close, they should have been better, they are the type of team that beat Miami two years ago 3-0 on a last minute field goal(I know they were playing in quicksand that game)?


#22

mitamaking wrote:

They did play the Titans, who were great last year. Pittsburgh couldn’t run the ball against the Titans defense. I’m hoping that was due to the fact that the Titans have that good of a run defense.
Slick


#23

What can I say? The Bears still suck. :stuck_out_tongue:


#24

DA BEARS are done!

Doesn’t matter, Rai and my team are poised to win it all this year! As I mentioned to Rai… if only the playoffs were in October. :wink:

Going to watch tonight’s highlight show shortly to catch up on all the games since I don’t think I’ll be following the sport as religiously as in the past. 9 hrs of game-day is just too long for me nowadays - not much interest nor time.


#25

slickwolfie wrote:

[quote]mitamaking wrote:

They did play the Titans, who were great last year. Pittsburgh couldn’t run the ball against the Titans defense. I’m hoping that was due to the fact that the Titans have that good of a run defense.
Slick[/quote]

Yeah me to. But Pittsburgh does have a habit of having a weak first half, and making strong comeback in the last two quarters. It keeps things exciting :slight_smile:


#26

Ben Roethlisberger is trolling you. Which is fairly mild considering what else he’s accused of…


#27

TommytheResurrected wrote:

I get a little leery of those accusations when the person making them didn’t file police charges, but went straight for a law suit. But honestly, you never know…


#28

That’s why I don’t put any of them on pedestals. Certainly there are a lot of classy individuals that play the game, but there are also a lot with disturbing and troubled pasts. One never truly knows anymore.


#29

BRETT FAVRE!!! WTF!!!

I mean seriously!!! He’s the Arnold Palmer of Football!!!

WHO THE HELL CAN STOP A TEAM LIKE THAT!!!


#30

Brett Favre can (when he throws INTs). :wink:


#31

Dear Dragoon,

My Team: 23
Your Team: 20

My reaction: http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/3849/bwahahav.jpg

Your reaction: http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/3127/braincancer.jpg


#32

Which was your team? :stuck_out_tongue:


#33

Go Bengals!!!
Who Dey!!


#34

Oh, pfft. Steelers are slick and cody’s team.

Rai and My team are headed to the Superbowl!


#35

outlander wrote:

[quote]Go Bengals!!!
Who Dey!![/quote]

Yes, the Steelers lost to the lowly Bengals for the first time in what seems like 50 years. But they played a good game and earned the victory, so congrats. Don’t get too happy though, Pittsburgh tends to start poorly each year, then win the Superbowl. We’ll get you in Pittsburgh.
Slick
PS, the Cowboys still suck!


#36

I can’t believe people forgot that dragoon liked the team that couldn’t even win their big home opener on nationwide tv while Jerry Jones picked his nose.

AND FAVRE LED THE VIKINGS ON ONE OF HIS FORTH QUARTER COMEBACK :S


#37

mitamaking wrote:

[quote]I can’t believe people forgot that dragoon liked the team that couldn’t even win their big home opener on nationwide tv while Jerry Jones picked his nose.

AND FAVRE LED THE VIKINGS ON ONE OF HIS FORTH QUARTER COMEBACK :S[/quote]

You’re welcome, Vikings. But still, Rodgers >>> Farve


#38

Mita we did that to trick you guys. This year it’s happening in reverse, we’re gonna start out slow and finish hot, vs the usual starting off hot and finishing off slow.

Plus no one’s stadium can even compare to ours. :wink: We’ll be winning the Superbowl this or next year, watch for it!


#39

dragoon wrote:

[quote]Mita we did that to trick you guys. This year it’s happening in reverse, we’re gonna start out slow and finish hot, vs the usual starting off hot and finishing off slow.

Plus no one’s stadium can even compare to ours. :wink: We’ll be winning the Superbowl this or next year, watch for it![/quote]

Lambeau Field>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Whatever company Jones needed to pay for it stadium.


#40

We’ll see what you have to say next monday night. :wink: