The Halloween Thread

“Inside every one of us, there exists a dark side. Most people rise above it, but some are consumed by it. Until there is nothing left but pure evil.” – Dr. Loomis, Halloween (2007)

[quote=LadyOfWicca]
That’s great! I never knew there was a sequel. Can’t wait to read it! Thanks Slow!

And I apologize Red. I will have a special dance for you two later. ;)[/quote]

Yeah I saw this the other day in Barnes and Noble. It seemed interesting, so I will definitely have to pick it up someday. But not from Barnes and Noble. They drove my favorite Borders store out of business… :frowning:

Our Time In The Manor (part 3)

Over the next few weeks, things started to change in the house. Just a few nights after my failed slumber party, the cold drafts started to return to the house. They were soon accompanied by the bangs, moans, and creaks, which came back with a vengence. Each night the seemed to grow louder and more frequent, as the house seemed to tingle with a lifeforce of it’s own.

I asked my parents and brother about the strange noises at night, but no one else seemed to notice, or if they had, they didn’t care. It seemed that everyday my family was growing more distant from me. My Mother had made herself a small office in the attic, in which she spent any free time that she wasn’t devoting to the house. None of us knew what she was doing up there, as all but our Step Father was forbidden to enter the room, and he seldom ventured up there.

My brother, who had spent little time with me since starting Junior High, began to ignore me almost entirely. When he wasn’t running around town with his friends, he was spending his evenings in his room. I have no idea what he was doing in there, just that he would play his music loudly. I did overhear Step Father once saying that a teenage boy needed his “alone time”. I was sixteen before I figured out what he meant by that.

Even our Step Father Clyde was more withdrawn than usual. He was always so eager to please us and win our approval, even in the year following his courtship and marriage to our Mother. He had always wanted to play games with us, or take us for ice cream, or to the amusement park. Since the night with Marie, there had been none of that. When he wasn’t at work, he just came home and sat in front of the TV, watching some sporting event or whatever was playing on the local CBS station.

If it weren’t for my afternoons with Marie, I would have gone mad with loneliness. Whether at her house, or on our grounds, we continued to have lots of fun, even as the air grew colder and colder. But as winter approached, I knew our good times would be coming to an end, as the cold weather and snow would make it much harder, if not impossible to play together. And playing inside my house was simply out of the question for her.

So I decided to make the best of the time we had left together. We played in the orchard every day after school, and spent every weekend together. I, more often than not, would spend Friday or Saturday nights at her house. Not only was it fun for the two of us, but it gaveme an escape from the constant nighttime noises that kept me awake.

The slumber parties also allowed me to forget about that crack in my ceiling. At the time, I couldn’t figure out what it was, but something about it always felt wrong. Even after my stepfather returned to work, he never had it fixed. The thing seemed to be growing as well, both wider and longer. Though I never found any plaster debris on my bed. During the nights, though it could have been my imagination, I could sware that I could feel warm air drifiting down from it. And on one night in particular, I woke up to red orbs staring at me. I screamed out that night for my parents, who came almost immediately. But they assured me that it was just my imagination, and that I had been having a nightmare. I tried to belive them, but my thoughts kept returning to Marie, who had also seen “eyes” in my house. After that night, it became much, much harder to sleep there. I would have to completely hide under the blankets just to get a few winks.

This is getting very creepy. It’s great Cody!

And I found a Wicker Man trailer for you -

That was an interesting movie, the end is very freaky.

Here is a fun one

I really enjoyed that movie Red. It was a good one!

Since it is an evening of witches -

Oh, there is another good “The Witches”

That’s another good one Red! And we can’t forget this -

I love Rosemary’s Baby! That one is definitely a classic.

Some more Halloween superstitions -

• Some believe if you catch a snail on Halloween night and lock it into a flat dish, in the morning you will see the first letter of your sweetheart written in the snail’s slime.

• It is believed in several districts of Britain that it is lucky to see an empty hearse coming towards you but unlucky if you turn round to watch it go by.

• Throughout Germany it is said that anyone who lies in a coffin, even for fun, is inviting death, and that no item of clothing belonging to a living person should ever be placed on a corpse when it is placed in a coffin, for as it rots in the grave so will the rightful owner decline towards death.

• You should walk around your home three times backwards and counterclockwise before sunset on Halloween to ward off evil spirits.

• Knocking on wood keeps bad luck away.

• If you see a spider on Halloween, it could be the spirit of a dead loved one who is watching you.

• If you ring a bell on Halloween, it will scare evil spirits away.

• In North America, it’s bad luck if a black cat crosses your path and good luck if a white cat crosses your path. In Britain and Ireland, it’s the opposite.

• If a candle flame suddenly turns blue, there’s a ghost nearby.

Awesome find Redshirt. I was planning on posting that, but hadn’t had time to hunt it down yet! Thanks.

Oh, here is some dance music. I could dance with my date with it, but I might cut in on Hiro and dance with Hime.

[quote=redshirt1]

Hey, funny story about this. When I was in 6th grade, they played this song in music class and had us do a drawing of what it made us think of. Well, I remembered this and drew a picture of a giant demon on a mountain, with spirits rising below him. Apparently I was the only person that remembered this part, and everyone avoided me for months, because they thought I was some sort of Satanist…lol

BTW, I’m officially full of pumpkin pie and liquor, so please forgive any misspellings.

You beat me to posting Night on Bald Mountain Red! Great music! And the other piece is lovely too. Do you perchance waltz? If you do, please save a dance for me later. I have a lovely piece of waltz music and I haven’t waltzed in ages! In the meantime, I see that your date is here, so go have some fun!

And after your dance with Seven, the other ladies are waiting for you!

Emergency beam in tux and shoes. My lady, may I take you for this dance? (activate suave yet sincere mode)

For some reason, I see Lieutenant Torres laughing and then punching you…

Torres really isn’t my type. But, I would approach her differently, or just dodge the punch and playfully fight back.

This movie is very scary, but not for the reason you might think

[quote=redshirt1]
Torres really isn’t my type. But, I would approach her differently, or just dodge the punch and playfully fight back.[/quote]

Really? That’s interesting. I always though her forehead ridges were kind of sexy!