Legend of the Galactic Heroes Teases Next Chapter with Visual and Screenshots

October 28, 2019 4:07pm CDT
Get a sneak peek as the epic story continues

Legend of the Galactic Heroes Anime’s 2nd ‘Season’ Trailer Previews 3rd Film

posted on 2019-10-31 11:31 EDT by Jennifer Sherman
3rd film in 3-film series opens in Japan on November 29

The Young Titans and Ailing Empires of Legend of the Galactic Heroes

November 04, 2019 11:00am CST
Today we break down the differences in worldview guiding Legend of the Galactic Heroes’ famous stars!

Watch Legend of the Galactic Heroes On HIDIVE

Legend of the Galactic Heroes: Die Neue These Second Anime Gets TV Broadcast in April

posted on 2020-02-16 16:30 EST by Jennifer Sherman

Reinhard and Yang Look Extra Heroic in New Galactic Heroes Visuals

March 31, 2020 12:33pm CDT
Legend of the Galactic Heroes: Die Neue These will run on NHK’s educational channel

Legend of the Galactic Heroes Shares New Key Art of Warring Sides

June 26, 2020 8:53am CDT
The second season’s TV run begins later this week

1 Like

Legend of the Galactic Heroes: Die Neue These - Season 2 | Now Available

The Legend of the Galactic Heroes: Die Neue These Anime Continues with New Sequel

September 14, 2020 9:55am CDT
24 more episodes are on the way for the latest leg of the epic yarn

Legend of the Galactic Heroes: Die Neue These Anime Gets New Sequel

posted on 2020-09-14 11:33 EDT by Jennifer Sherman
Video previews upcoming 24-episode season

WHAT’S THE LEGEND OF THE GALACTIC HEROES WATCH ORDER? HIDIVE EXPLAINS

September 25, 2020, 3:52 PM

HIDIVE launched back in 2017 with the original Legend of the Galactic Heroes as our flagship title. This was big news in the Western anime fandom since this was the first time the legendary series became legally available for streaming here in the West. Although the series had a profound impact on anime, Western audiences had to sail the seven seas to view it before HIDIVE came along.

However, we know you’re not here for the history lesson, you’re here because you sat down to watch this sci-fi magnum opus and wondered where you should start. That’s perfectly understandable considering Legend of the Galactic Heroes has 162 total episodes spread over a main and Gaiden series. That’s not even counting the movies!

Don’t worry, HIDIVE’s got you covered. Just look at the following infographic and kiss that choice paralysis goodbye!

2 Likes

Legend of the Galactic Heroes Official Trailer

The Newspeak and Twisted History of Legend of the Galactic Heroes

by Matthew Roe, Dec 30th 2020

Legend of the Galactic Heroes & The Use of Propaganda

2 Likes

Sigh

3 Likes

I really want this show but 800 dollars is just too damn much. I could make 4 car payments or buy everything missing in my collection for that price.

3 Likes

As I’ve posted elsewhere, it’s not the price point that’s the problem. It’s that it was released all at once. Price per episode count falls within the $5 -$7.50 / episode of Sentai’s regular releases.

3 Likes

I honestly believe we would have gotten easier ,but not cheaper to handle releases if Sentai would not have had to follow whatever was in the contract . Because they can’t tell one could only speculate the Japanese licensor had a lot of say in the release .

If there could have been a more standard spread over 4 release I’d be surprised if it’d been much cheaper . Just would have been easier to digest in multiple sittings over the one big gulp . I’m curious who this was licensed from the more I think about it . I think when Kitty closed up it was transferred to K Factory ,but I can’t find much info . So many hands were in the cookie jar I’m just not sure .

Edit: Though I wonder if parts would have sold out and the rest would have lingered like the other series that has happened to . Though I guess they could have done a split release and charged as each part was shipped .

I think if not for the stimulus and PayPal’s pay in 4 or pay over 6 months things going on they’d still be around until next year or longer .

2 Likes

Do you think reverse importing was a huge fear?

2 Likes

I’m not sure . It seems to still be a prevalent concern over there . Especially with us being in the same Blu-ray region . So it probably played a point in it being exclusive to just the Sentai store and not even letting Rightstuf sell it . Plus the limited to a 1000 copies . There have been a few slightly dinged up ones showing up on eBay for $500 to $600 . Though I suspect with it being sold out the price is going to jump up even on the ones with issues . Those 15 did not take long to sell once they announced it though .

I know at one point it was considered the impossible license .
The current cheapest Japanese option which has no English subs is $800 to $1000 ,but I’m sure it could be found used cheaper though .

The good thing is at least it’s up legally on HiDive and anyone can watch for a very reasonable fee . A lot of series that don’t even have that .

4 Likes

I’ll watch it at some point there. I just rather own it.

2 Likes