The Outlander Memorial Thread

[size=16]Goodbye to all that now[/size]

[quote=outlander]
Dear Friends,

Today is a big day.

Slowhand has kept my secret for a few years now, but the time has come to tell you. As you might have guessed, I am in banking, but never revealed exactly what I do. I am a corporate level vice president for J.P. Morgan Chase. I oversee the division of Risk Management it has a permanent core staff of about 275 people with a temporary staff for a special 2 year project of another 900 people. Our task is to mitigate risk or something that would adversely affect the Bank’s profits and either neutralize them or turn it into a profitable situation. I can say it is one of the most successful, efficient divisions in the financial world. I have been honored and fortunate to help shape it, along with the many talented professionals under my guidance.

Before that, I was an n assistant VP in charge of international investments modeling and research. That group performed research on overseas stocks and other investments and identified potential profit opportunities. We also developed “Scripts” of buy/sell procedures for Chase Personnel on Wall Street.

No longer. Today I have announced my retirement beginning Jan 1 2012

I have met all of my personal, financial, and professional goals I set for myself when I first entered the workforce. I’m able to retire about 15 years earlier than the norm, thank God. I have been blessed. With all my goals met, there is nothing else now. It’s all pointless, I don’t have the desire, and burning ambition I always had. and it’s time to leave. I am young enough to go in another direction. I am going to dedicate myself to my favorite Charities, Habitat for Humanity, and animal rescue groups and shelters. I have been ”hired“ as a volunteer for the Chamber of Commerce sponsored group of retired executives to help and advice start up business to get them up and running and help them be successful. We also conduct workshops for those who want to start their own business.

But all of this will be at my pace, I will have plenty of time for myself, to enjoy my life on my own terms

It has been an exciting, wild, breathless ride in banking. I wouldn’t trade it for anything. It’s time to Chart a new path, a new voyage awaits.

For a short while I will answer any questions you may have for or about me, either personal or public. Perhaps you will find out a little more about me, if you are interested.

Thank you for your time[/quote]
Originally posted: November 14, 2011 @ 11:47pm

1 Like