The Outlander Memorial Thread

He passes through from time to time. I did hear from him and he hopes that we all continue to make TAN magazine covers. Still it just won’t be the same… :frowning:

1 Like

Stop lurking and get your furry ass back to postin’, outlander!!! ><

1 Like

Best of luck Outlander.

1 Like

The man, the myth, the legend.

1 Like

[quote=“Froggy”]
The man, the myth, the legend.

[/quote]

Are these chibi outlanders?

1 Like

[size=16]TAN Late Night Radio Show[/size]

[quote=outlander]

The school kids and working stiffs are in bed. It’s time for the TAN Late Night Radio Show. This show is for hard core night owl otakus. Pour yourself a shot of Jack Daniel’s and grab some smokes. Here is the place to discuss anime stuff, be it music, images, opinions and what not. This is going to be a pretty loose, free-wheeling Radio show,but there are two strict rules

1)No “Facebook Blogs“ or spamming

2)You can’t post to this thread until 11:00 p.m. (your time)[/quote]
Originally posted: September 1, 2012 @ 5:29am

1 Like

There is a series of shorts of TTGL called Gurren Lagann Parallel Works. They’re all pretty cool with great soundtracks. I’ll post them occasionally Here’s one of my favorites

Kittan and the Black Sisters kick ass

1 Like

Gotta say, Outlander, that pic in the first post is a vast improvement on the original!

I’ll have to warm up the ol’ Packard Bell, settle back and give a listen…

1 Like

I don’t consider this as a blog because it is anime-related

I’m calling in to the radio show to express my disgust with Sentai Filmworks and Section23 Films marketing department

Except for a couple of small ads in Otaku Magazine, they do nothing to promote the forum, their products or the company itself. They may have a table at some small “Mom and Pop” conventions, but ignore the large ones. In marketing you need to put your name and brand in front of as many people as possible. They don’t do that. By being in front of thousands of anime fans, rather than a few 100, you expose yourself to paying customers and sell some products to boot.

They could also expand their product base to include selling mangas and other anime items, sort of like J-List or Robert’s Corner Anime Store in increase revenue. I would love to get my hands on this department and really make it hum. If I had controlling interest in Sentai, the first thing I would do is terminate the Marketing staff and farm it out to a professional marketing and development company.
Sorry about the rant. Here’s something to soften things

“Call Me” from Cowboy Bebop. The best score from the series

1 Like

I’d support you running that Outlander!

1 Like

I think right now that Sentai should stay away from manga and other ventures. That’s largely what got ADV into trouble. Also, they do attend most of the larger conventions and generally have at least a booth, though they don’t always hold panels at all of them.

They’ve also improved their marketing quite a bit this past year or so. They now regularly have front page advertisements on ANN, particularly when new titles are released. I don’t even know if Sentai would have the finances to hire a real marketing company, and I doubt they have many inside the company that are focused on that particular aspect. After all, anime is a very tiny market and the majority of it is now online.

1 Like

Typical artist alley at an anime con…

1 Like

Hey all you cool cats and hep chick out there -takes a drag on cigarette- this one’s for you.

1 Like

With the apocalypse thread, this came to mind…

and this for fun…

1 Like

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgY034R6e8M&feature=related

1 Like

here are some images I came across that I like

This one is for Slow

click on pics for larger image

1 Like

1 Like

And now, some music for the radio show. BTW I’m in love with the dancer with the short blond hair

1 Like

Welcome back, this is the Newshawk… Now, let’s slip into something a little more comfortable… Like a “New Your State of Mind”…

That was Billy Joel, from his “Live in Tokyo” album… from Japan to France, now, as we drop in on Feist in Paris, with “Gatekeeper”…

and finally, two great musicians, one fabulous piece of music-Carlos Santana and Gato Barberi as they give their shared interpretations of “Europa”…

Stay with us… there’s more to come, right after this short pause for the cause… This is the Newshawk, Straight on till Dawn, only on KTAN…

1 Like

Calling in to the show just to render an opinion

I think Anime’s best years were from 1990-1995

I also think that Gainax was the best until the staff became drug addicts

1 Like