Thread Archive: Forum Launch 2009-2014

[quote=srender07]
Doesn’t seem to work? I click subscribe now, then click the monthly subscription bubble, and nothing happens. Tried switching over to the payment tab and its blank.[/quote]

I’m having the exact same problem. Tried it with both Firefox and IE using Win Vista.

1 Like

[quote=TBDave]

[quote=srender07]
Doesn’t seem to work? I click subscribe now, then click the monthly subscription bubble, and nothing happens. Tried switching over to the payment tab and its blank.[/quote]

I’m having the exact same problem. Tried it with both Firefox and IE using Win Vista.

http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/8113/anime1nw.jpg

http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/5579/anime2h.jpg[/quote]

Thanks everyone for the reports! I think we’ve resolved the issue.

Please try again.

1 Like

[quote=akpoff]

Please try again.[/quote]

That stuff seems fixed now. But there’s a problem with the Add Payment Method form.

FIREFOX - The calendar thing to enter dates doesn’t seem to work. And when I hit the Save button it says, “Please correct fields highlighted in red” and every section is lit-up in Red.

IE - There’s a problem with the Expiration Date calendar. After you enter the date, the calendar keeps reappearing. And it blocks the lower boxes. I was able to enter my info by using the Tab to blindly skip through the boxes. But after I hit the Send button, it just said Thanks (or something like that). But it doesn’t look like anything was processed. My membership hasn’t been upgraded, and there’s nothing listed under Payment Methods.

1 Like

[quote=TBDave]

[quote=akpoff]

Please try again.[/quote]

That stuff seems fixed now. But there’s a problem with the Add Payment Method form.

FIREFOX - The calendar thing to enter dates doesn’t seem to work. And when I hit the Save button it says, “Please correct fields highlighted in red” and every section is lit-up in Red.

IE - There’s a problem with the Expiration Date calendar. After you enter the date, the calendar keeps reappearing. And it blocks the lower boxes. I was able to enter my info by using the Tab to blindly skip through the boxes. But after I hit the Send button, it just said Thanks (or something like that). But it doesn’t look like anything was processed. My membership hasn’t been upgraded, and there’s nothing listed under Payment Methods.[/quote]

Firefox is fixed. IE…thanks for the report. We’ll get that one sorted.

1 Like

[quote=akpoff]
Firefox is fixed. IE…thanks for the report. We’ll get that one sorted.[/quote]

I just tried again with Firefox. And the Payment Method form worked fine.

But after I hit Send and it said “Payment Info Updated” (or whatever), nothing else happened. Was these supposed to be another step after that? Nothing has changed on my account. There’s nothing new on the Payment Methods page. And the Subscription Plans page doesn’t list my payment methods.

Could you check and see if my credit card info have been submitted? By now I’ve entered it at least 3 times.

1 Like

[quote=TBDave]

[quote=akpoff]
Firefox is fixed. IE…thanks for the report. We’ll get that one sorted.[/quote]

I just tried again with Firefox. And the Payment Method form worked fine.

But after I hit Send and it said “Payment Info Updated” (or whatever), nothing else happened. Was these supposed to be another step after that? Nothing has changed on my account. There’s nothing new on the Payment Methods page. And the Subscription Plans page doesn’t list my payment methods.

Could you check and see if my credit card info have been submitted? By now I’ve entered it at least 3 times.[/quote]

Yeah. It should have updated the screen and displayed your credit card. But we don’t have anything in the system for you.

Will you try logging out and starting from scratch?

Sorry for all the trouble.

1 Like

[quote=akpoff]
Yeah. It should have updated the screen and displayed your credit card. But we don’t have anything in the system for you.

Will you try logging out and starting from scratch?[/quote]

I just logged out and back in and tried it again. Same thing happened. It said thanks, but didn’t register the payment info on my account. Did it show up on your end?

That’s with Firefox. I was gonna try with IE too, but it still has that calendar problem on the Card Expiration.

I don’t mind. Happy to help you work out the bugs.

1 Like

Just wanted to see if someone can fix my account. I subscribed today, recived a thank you e-mail, but my account still says “Registered” and I can’t watch any of the subscriber only shows.

1 Like

[quote=mw19530]
Just wanted to see if someone can fix my account. I subscribed today, recived a thank you e-mail, but my account still says “Registered” and I can’t watch any of the subscriber only shows.[/quote]

Please try again.

1 Like

[quote=TBDave]

[quote=akpoff]

Will you try logging out and starting from scratch?

Sorry for all the trouble.[/quote]

I just logged out and back in and tried it again. Same thing happened. It said thanks, but didn’t register the payment info on my account. Did it show up on your end?

That’s with Firefox. I was gonna try with IE too, but it still has that calendar problem on the Card Expiration.

I don’t mind. Happy to help you work out the bugs.[/quote]

Will you try again, please?

1 Like

I have loged out then back in when I go to “Current Subscription” it list “monthly subscription 2012-01-09”

1 Like

thanks it is now fixed

1 Like

[quote=mw19530]
thanks it is now fixed[/quote]

Great! Thanks for the report and your patience.

1 Like

I was able to successfully enter my payment info and complete the purchase. On the Current Subscription page it shows my Quarterly Subscription. So that works fine, but there are two problems.

My member status is still “Registered”. I can’t watch premium videos. I tried logging out and back in, but that didn’t help.

The second problem is on my Payment Methods page. It shows my credit card expiration date as 2012-01-31. That’s wrong. It should be 2012-06-30. I’m sure I entered it correctly on the credit card form.

Also, I was wondering about the free trial. I didn’t see any mention of that on the order page. Will my card be charged right away?

Thanks for the help.

1 Like

Using IE9

Finally decided to check this out and update my Expiration Date, since it seems most people have had issues with it being incorrect (I’m no exception it seems).

When trying to update my Expiration Date to the correct date…

Issue #1

The calendar doesn’t go away, no matter what part of the page is clicked on while the update pop-up is up.
If you close the update pop-up without pressing “Save”, the calendar stays, but it does go away when you click anywhere on the page however.

Issue #2

Even though the calendar doesn’t go away after entering the correct date, I then press “Save” to update and it pops up with this message:

[quote]Update Complete.

There was a problem updating your payment details. Please try again later. If this problem persists please contact the Anime Network[/quote]

Issue #3

Not sure if this is intentional or not, or if it’s just because this is a very new feature and my account hasn’t been charged my Quarterly fee yet.
However I’ll list it as an issue anyways, since it would be nice information to know and have.

Nowhere on the Manage Subscription page, including the Subscription History tab, is it listed when the next payment is due for my Quarterly Subscription (I know what it is, but still…).
I could do the math from my Start Date, which is simple enough, but I think it would be much easier on all, to list when the next charge will be applied to the account.

[quote=TBDave]
I was able to successfully enter my payment info and complete the purchase. On the Current Subscription page it shows my Quarterly Subscription. So that works fine, but there are two problems.

My member status is still “Registered”. I can’t watch premium videos. I tried logging out and back in, but that didn’t help.

The second problem is on my Payment Methods page. It shows my credit card expiration date as 2012-01-31. That’s wrong. It should be 2012-06-30. I’m sure I entered it correctly on the credit card form.

Also, I was wondering about the free trial. I didn’t see any mention of that on the order page. Will my card be charged right away?

Thanks for the help.[/quote]

It didn’t get your free trial…probably because of the kerfuffle with the initial subscriptions. I’ve moved the date to the 24th. When you check the page again your start date should show the 24th but you should still have premium access.

We had a display problem with the dates. The correct value was stored. It’s fixed now.

Thanks again for the reports!

1 Like

Everything’s looking good now. I just logged out and back in, and my account says Premium. I can also watch the Premium streams, so that’s working too. My credit card expiration date on the Payment Methods page is also fixed.

Thanks for adding the two weeks trial to my account. I appreciate all the help.

1 Like

Welcome to the New Forums

[quote=“dragoon”]
If you’ve been reading the Anime Network homepage blogs and news stories you know that the forums have been down for 3 weeks due to someone getting into the system… forcing Anime Network to start from scratch with something that is more secure and interfaces with the new website backend implemented early this year… if you haven’t been reading the news and blog on the front page, shame on you.

As you can see we’ve streamlined the forums into less sub-forums. We’d like to see people participate together more instead of being more isolated, and in some cases it was just redundant like EE/Warfoolery having 2 sections.

They’re still working on a lot of kinks and some bugs, plus there will be a lot of new future additions to this new forum and website in the future… this is just the beginning.

The previous forums, after almost 3 and half years has had quite a history and it’s a shame to lose it, but with new beginnings comes new opportunity.

Let’s be honest, people have gotten lazy and the forums have gotten stagnant. There’s a lot of great members of this site, and like 3 years ago with the last forum relaunch, we’re going to need everyone to chip in more than in recent months to rebuild the community. Only with your help can we create a better and stronger community. Please post, share and contribute with others. For older members, remember the excitement of 3 years ago, how we were all posting and there was a lot of activity? It would be nice if we could replicate that same level of enthusiasm, when people used to post in so many threads rather than not participating.

We’d like to see more participation all around especially with regards to Anime Network related threads (that is the reason new people come to this forum and eventually stick around), especially not just in one section of the forum but in several places. We can’t repeat the same mistakes of the past with compartmentalization and having people just posting in one or two threads. It just further creates a cycle of people being apathetic, and in turn new users see a slower forum than they’d like.

Only with your help can we make a better forum.

Thank you.[/quote]
Originally posted: April 21, 2009 @ 9:26pm

Well said…

We all can make this forum a success!

There are only just a few changes and adjustments we have to make and I’m sure that we can all get used to it in a reasonable amount of time without a whole bunch of whining.

Please try to post in more than one forum and remember that this IS an anime forum! It doesn’t take very long to post some thoughts about your current anime viewing; so just do it! :wink:

Or if Manga is your deal… there’s a place for that too! :stuck_out_tongue:

Let’s all try to make this a fun place again! We can all do it together and we can all be friendly together!

I just know it can happen!

I have no idea how to work this board and I cry to think I have to rewrite my legal anime list, especially since it exploded while the boards were down. However being able to complain about ADV again makes me happy :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like