Thread Archive: Forum Launch 2009-2014

welcome to the jungle, we got fun and games, we got everything you want, Honey we know the names.

1 Like

[size=4]okā€¦ This is going to take some getting used toā€¦

sigh now i feel bad for not paying more attention to this place. TT-TT

But iā€™m glad itā€™s finally back. ^^[/size]

1 Like

Wth, canā€™t wait for this place to be buffered out a bit, at least itā€™s better than Chatzy.

1 Like

Ow, my eyes! Pretty spritzy, guys.

Whatā€™s that little bar under our post count? o__O

1 Like

Itā€™s hard to explainā€¦

Go to the Main Forum page.
At the bottom, click on ā€œMore about Statsā€, thereā€™s a place that shows the top 5 posters - Dragoon is the top poster at the moment and his green bar is full.

The rest of us have bars that are full in comparison to his.

At least, thatā€™s the way I interpret it.

If someone else has a better explanationā€¦ go for it.

I want to view threads that have been pushed off of page 1 of Everything Else. Hows I do this?

1 Like

Good questionā€¦

Eventually, there will be page numbers. But for right now, youā€™ll just have to use the search and search for the threads by name.

Unless Pup, Dragoon or Rai have a better idea.

Oh I know, we could have it so it shows more than five posts per pageā€¦ have it show I dunno like 20?

Outlanderā€™s talking about threads, not posts.

This will be fixed when they add the updated forum skin. For now to access different pages you can do it manually by adding:

/page,# at the end of the url of the directory youā€™re in. # = 2, 3 etc.

For example for Everything Else: http://www.theanimenetwork.com/component/option,com_kunena/Itemid,65/catid,11/func,showcat/page,2/

1 Like

I knew you or Pup would know the answer! :cheer:

[quote=dragoon]
This will be fixed when they add the updated forum skin.[/quote]

Will that fix the Quick Reply bug? Iā€™ve been manually clicking on all the Quick Reply buttons on each post to make that annoying white textarea go away.

I would expect that installing a new skin would take 10 minutes, tops.

[quote=SpaceCobraJoe]
I would expect that installing a new skin would take 10 minutes, tops.[/quote]

Thereā€™s a little more to it than just installing a new skin. The final product will be fixing quite a few other things as well. So it is taking a bit longer.

Please just be patient. Pretty please?? :kiss:

Ooo, a shiny new skin. It gives you access to pages of threads and pages inside threads. :laugh:

Still have to remember to untick subscribe for every bloody post though >.<

1 Like

If there is something thatā€™s bugging you about the new skin please post in the announcements forum in the new skin thread, thanks!

1 Like

One thing that wouldnā€™t hurt is to have a rule of no cussing in post titles. Even the hot rod board I frequent goes by that rule, you can cuss in posts, just not in the title. Have to think if I was a parent that ā€œGlenn Beck is a ____ing Moronā€ post would make me want to block this site to my kidsā€¦

1 Like

[quote=rebecca12]
One thing that wouldnā€™t hurt is to have a rule of no cussing in post titles. Even the hot rod board I frequent goes by that rule, you can cuss in posts, just not in the title. Have to think if I was a parent that ā€œGlenn Beck is a ____ing Moronā€ post would make me want to block this site to my kidsā€¦[/quote]

I was always opposed to allowing cussing for that reason, but at the time we last discussed it most of the first generation of mods felt the forum was grown up enough to handle cussing. So we handle it on a case by case basis, but generally let it slide unless itā€™s too over the topā€¦

Itā€™s an issue thatā€™s worth revisiting though. Iā€™d like to see this forum be more family friendly, within the limitations of what types of shows are on Anime Network (that being the line in the sand).

1 Like

[quote=dragoon]

[quote=rebecca12]
One thing that wouldnā€™t hurt is to have a rule of no cussing in post titles. Even the hot rod board I frequent goes by that rule, you can cuss in posts, just not in the title. Have to think if I was a parent that ā€œGlenn Beck is a ____ing Moronā€ post would make me want to block this site to my kidsā€¦[/quote]

I was always opposed to allowing cussing for that reason, but at the time we last discussed it most of the first generation of mods felt the forum was grown up enough to handle cussing. So we handle it on a case by case basis, but generally let it slide unless itā€™s too over the topā€¦

Itā€™s an issue thatā€™s worth revisiting though. Iā€™d like to see this forum be more family friendly, within the limitations of what types of shows are on Anime Network (that being the line in the sand).[/quote]

I, as a father of an anime fan, always felt TAN should be more family friendly. I know most people on these boards are older, but I think TAN could be served well with some kind of filter for members under 18 years old(maybe 16 years old). I know I basically banned my daughter from this site once it allowed cursing. Sheā€™s 17 now, and Iā€™ve caught her cursing many a time, but I still donā€™t want her to see some of the stuff on these boards. Just think of all of the kids out there who arenā€™t allowed to go on this site and use the online player because their parents have checked it out before hand.
Slick

1 Like

I certainly do agree that no cussing in the titles of threads should be a rule.
Unless its part of the name of a series.

Post is subjective but even then its more a matter of looking like a lesser primate or a educated Homosapien. :stuck_out_tongue: