Thread Archive: Forum Launch 2009-2014

Don’t blame Rai, we decided as a group. In fact, it was me that suggested we put it down in the bowels of the forum.

So point your fingers at me.

I actually like this idea, and it makes things a bit more organized. My only suggestion is: could you possibly make the url in bold letters? I’d at least like to be able to tell it apart from the mods list under it.

1 Like

Thinking about it, I never actually look at the forum categories. I only look at “Recent Discussions” and “My Discussions” So for me, it doesn’t really matter where it goes, because I’m seeing it either way :stuck_out_tongue:

Let me then re-phrase my objection. Why does it have to be a sub-forum of the “whatever the hell we’re gonna call it this month” forum? Why can’t it be its own forum in the Misc.?

[quote=Newshawk]
Let me then re-phrase my objection. Why does it have to be a sub-forum of the “whatever the hell we’re gonna call it this month” forum? Why can’t it be its own forum in the Misc.?[/quote]

I think a big issue here is the placement of the sub-forum.

I kind of have to agree with the argument too. Making it a sub-forum of the forum where we post all the random nonsense that pertains to nothing is a little insulting to the people who took the time and effort to think up/maintain the games.

I understand why you would want them in their own separate forum, but I don’t get why “Anime Fun & Games” is the sub-forum of a forum that has nothing to do with Anime. I would agree that putting a games forum under misc would be the best thing to do.

However, if you insist on keeping it a sub-forum of one of the already existing forums, I would think it best to move it somewhere else, maybe “Everything Else” or perhaps “FAN Made Media” (You could say that games are media, and they’re made up by Fans :wink: )

Looking at the categories a second time, I now see your point. I agree that the whole subforums thing is a bit strange, and the description of ‘Misc.’ contradicts the title of the subforum. When I said ‘organized’, I meant to say that all the appropriate threads were included in it.

1 Like

I don’t have a problem with giving the “anime games” their own sub-forum, however, I think it should have been placed within Other Anime. If the spam/tomfoolery section didn’t increase post count like on the old forum, I could understand why the sub-forum would be placed there. But, that’s not the case here…

1 Like

Be happy with what happened cause trust me the alternatives I originally suggested were much worse. :wink:

[quote=Newshawk]
I’m disappointed, Rai. I had hoped it would still be associated with the anime section, not dumped into the “SPAM” folder-and as the only “child” forum of a forum? Could you bury the forum any deeper?[/quote]

You should embrace the change. Now we have our own area to create tons of games without fear we’re spamming the boards.

Thank you Slow and everybody involved! :slight_smile:

1 Like

[quote=Snowy_Stampede]

[quote=Newshawk]
I’m disappointed, Rai. I had hoped it would still be associated with the anime section, not dumped into the “SPAM” folder-and as the only “child” forum of a forum? Could you bury the forum any deeper?[/quote]

You should embrace the change. Now we have our own area to create tons of games without fear we’re spamming the boards.

Thank you Slow and everybody involved! :)[/quote]

If you only knew, Snowy, if you only knew…

Hey guys, I’ve read all your responses and have decided to go ahead and give AN Fun & Games it’s own forum. Since more people are interested in maintaining and participating in the games than those who are not, they should have their own proper place. The new forum is now under “The Misc.” Section. Thanks for your input everyone!

-Rai

1 Like

I have just one thing to say about that, Rai…

Thank you all for this resolution.

This doesn’t help the status of your lists, though :S

At least now we won’t feel like the minority! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

This definitely works better than the previous incarnation!
When I brought up the subject, I didn’t really want it banished to the pits of hell, just seperated from the actual anime/news threads so they wouldn’t get buried.

[quote=sbitzer]
This doesn’t help the status of your lists, though :S

At least now we won’t feel like the minority! :P[/quote]

All has been fixed…

[quote=TheCoffeeGod]

This definitely works better than the previous incarnation!
When I brought up the subject, I didn’t really want it banished to the pits of hell, just seperated from the actual anime/news threads so they wouldn’t get buried.[/quote]

Coffee, you and I are in total agreement on that! :slight_smile:

I kinda figured there was a simple solution for it, but I don’t know much about modifying online documents, so I’m glad everything’s settled now. B)

1 Like

[quote=TheCoffeeGod]
When I brought up the subject, I didn’t really want it banished to the pits of hell[/quote]

I did and still do.

Except for the Casting call thread since I believe that belongs in Everything else.

Maintenance Scheduled for Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Hey guys, just a heads up, we’ll be doing server maintenance Tuesday 9/6 from 3:00-4:30 PM (CDT). The site will be unavailable until the maintenance ends. We’ll make sure to remind you on Monday as well. Thanks everyone!

Originally posted: September 2, 2011 @ 5:37pm

1 Like

Loading up some fresh hamsters, eh?