AN Forums

To Love Ru

[quote=“TheCoffeeGod”]

I kind of doubt they’ll pick this up for simulcast though.[/quote]
But they did.
The simulcast starts in a little over 3 hours from now!.

-Joe

Yes indeed.

[quote=“SpaceCobraJoe”]
The simulcast starts in a little over 3 hours from now!.

-Joe[/quote]
Although the announcement states it starts October 4 at 9 PM eastern, that would be a problem if it did, considering it supposedly doesn’t premiere in Japan until 1 AM on October 6 (about 18 hours from when I post this).

I suspect the announcement was actually supposed to read October 5.

Nah, the hours are right, are you adjusting for Japan Time?

Our simulcast will go out as planned, as we have had our release dates and hours approved by the licensors. Thanks.

[quote=“Rai”]Nah, the hours are right, are you adjusting for Japan Time?

Our simulcast will go out as planned, as we have had our release dates and hours approved by the licensors. Thanks. [/quote]

Yeah, he’s accounting for the adjusted JP time.
It’s listed on the TokyoMX schedule to be aired in 17 hours from now, at the 25:00 mark.
Which I believe is the actual first JP airing.

[quote=“Rai”]Nah, the hours are right, are you adjusting for Japan Time?

Our simulcast will go out as planned, as we have had our release dates and hours approved by the licensors. Thanks.[/quote]
The first airing time (on Tokyo MX) as listed by a number of different websites is 10/05 25:00 (July 6 at 1:00 AM JST).

Unless the actual airing in Japan changed very recently, it certainly looks like you’ll be beating the first broadcast in Japan by a good margin.

This may be the first simulcast to air in North America first, at least LEGALLY anyway. :wink:

Quite true!
Though I do happen to notice that, unlike when they put up their usual simulcasts, they only have a placemarker for Ep. 01 for this, instead of all the ep. placemarkers.
Which I found a little odd when I added the player link to the first post after the PR was sent out.
Especially since the PR lists 12 episodes.

I see the first episode is now back to a placeholder, showing it will be available October 5 at 9:00 PM EDT.

I wonder how many hours it was available for before that happened.

I see that the original blog hasn’t been modified yet, and it still proudly proclaims the premiere on October 4.

The announcement is now deleted also any trace of To Love Ru ~ Darkness on The Anime Network. I wonder if it would even be simulcast now?

Consider how long it took for ANN to get the Oreimo simulcast back after they leaked an episode. Now consider this wasn’t a leak; it was purposefully posted by the site prior to the premiere in Japan, and worse, this was called to their attention beforehand (ahem).

The one saving grace would be if the October 4 @ 9:00 PM EDT time was approved by someone in Japan (and not by Sentai - Rai’s “the licensors” doesn’t make that clear). Even then, if the contract includes any additional provision requiring verification the episodes are not posted before they air in Japan, they could still be in hot water.

I just hope a streaming delay of a few weeks/months is the worst of the punishment.

I imagine that’s the worse it will be. That’s all that happened to Funi and they put an episode on their server without security and allowed it to be leaked to torrent sites and YouTube ahead of its broadcast. At least in this case, it was on a legitimate site and the damage is controllable.

My best guess is that there was a mistake in the contract when they were adjusting for time and date differences. It could be a fairly easy mistake to make, especially when you are rushing to get a simulcast in place on such short notice.

From Anime on Demand’s (UK) Twitter feed:

I suspect this isn’t a coincidence.

Right now, we don’t know exactly what happened or why. We can only speculate. There may have been error in the contract. There may have been an error in the info that was given to TAN. It could have been on the Japanese side, it could have been on Sentai’s side. It could have been a mistake on TAN’s part. We will never know.

The only thing we can do is hope that the issue gets straightened out and that the episodes eventually return.

[quote=“TheAncientOne”]From Anime on Demand’s (UK) Twitter feed:

I suspect this isn’t a coincidence.[/quote]
I was kinda expecting this would happen.

The stupid thing is this was obviously an accident, Anime Network will be forced to delay any new streaming for a while. Its just going to push people to try to find fansubs.

People were gonna look for fansubs eventually anyways, since the version they got was censored, people are gonna be looking for the AT-X one.

Just like So I can’t play H, High School dxd, and Hagure Yuusha no Estetica.

[quote=“chrisc”]

Just like So I can’t play H, High School dxd, and Hagure Yuusha no Estetica.[/quote]
Exactly. Even it if we’re streamed uncensored at the same time as the Japanese broadcast, people would still find some reason to complain and turn to fansubs. I’ve seen posters on ANN say there were going to boycott releases now that they had official streams on CR, Funi, and here. There are many “fans” who are nothing but pathetic, whining mooches who contribute nothing to the fandom.