To Love Ru

:angry:
Terrible my firm
tight
buttocks. :no_mouth:
That was great. Youz all just can’t appreciate unapologetic, in your face T&A. :smiling_imp:
For shame
shame on u’zz all. :angry:

P.S. Why stop with just Sentai shows. Hell, if we won the lotto we’d have enough to get all their label shows dubbed: Switchblade, Happy Carrot, Maiden Japan, etc. We’d buy all the rest of the R1 companies, build life-sife working Mechas, etc.

Life size Mecha’s are far more costly than you think. Trust me. Global domination is going to take awhile. :no_mouth: Forget you heard that last part!

Though off topic, I’m with Tonka on this one, I loved Indian Summer, was an amazing anime. Hilarious too :woohoo:

Also, I don’t quite know how I would take a dub of To Loveru, Lala and Rito have fairly unique voices and well, I don’t think they could carry over with a dub very well, would kinda ruin it imo. (Normally I’m all for dubs too)

S1 Cover/Disc Art

Blu-ray

For those that were curious about this

[Website has a warning pop up when clicking link, so removed]

Video quality is 2.5 out 5

That review says that the encode is 1080p but the bluray case pictured in this thread says 1080i??

I’m somewhat torn on this as I believe that DVD’s time has ended but I also don’t should be used as though it were basically a DVD; if there’s a definitive advantage to putting upscaled SD content on a bluray vs putting it on a DVD then I can’t say that I’ve found it yet. I hope that the bluray case depicted here is wrong as interlaced video is undesirable.

A 2008 xebec show was made in SD? I guess that shouldn’t surprise me as Rin was SD as well. At times like these I wish the studios had done the animation in such a way that it could be upscaled with no wonkiness, a “vector graphics” esque deal.

I’d say it really depends on the source of the HD masters.
Some upscales seem to fair better than others.
In this case though, the screens seem to be only a very slight improvement over the upconverted DVDs I have.
It’s really noticeable with Rito’s hair line art, which is about the same as it is on my upconverted DVDs.

An unfortunate consequence of all these necro-edits is that they’re causing the necro-posts to bubble to the surface of the forums. Why do edits throw the unread post flag? Seems weird to me.

Editing seems a bit wonky.
Not all edits register Unread or Latest post flags, necro or not, while some edits pop up on the lists.
I still haven’t quite figured out the pattern or reason for this, or what specific posts generate the flags.

Per PR:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

SENTAI FILMWORKS LICENSES “MOTTO TO LOVE RU”

HOUSTON, January 11, 2012— Sentai Filmworks is pleased to announce the acquisition of MOTTO TO LOVE RU, the sequel series to the company’s previous hit TO LOVE RU. Based as before on the manga by Kintaro Yabuki (BLACK CAT) and Saki Hasemi (MOETAN,) the new 12 episode series is helmed by Atsushi Otsuki, (who directed the final episode of the original series as well as episodes of FULL METAL ALCHEMIST, the second season of WAGNERIA and LADIES VS. BUTLERS,) working from series composition by SLAYERS and VENUS VS. VIRUS vet Yasutomo Yamada, while Yuichi Ouka once again adapts Yabuki’s original character designs for animation.

The insanity that began when a very naked (and very female) alien teleported into Rito Yuki’s bathtub (while he was in it) continues, and even though Princess Lala has finally started to admit her true feelings about the young man she’s inexplicably engaged to marry (as a result of what happened in said bathtub and Develuke customs,) her sometimes erratic technology and the snags and snarls of intergalatic politics and intrigue are still causing major problems. That transporter, for example? Still has the nasty habit of leaving the clothes behind. Those alien bounty hunters? Yep, even more of them and they’re even more devious. Add body switches, alien skunks, a bathroom that changes size and shape, the inevitable sleepover that you just know is going to go horribly, horribly wrong (spoiler: it does,) and worst of all, Valentine’s Day, and even in space you’ll be able to hear Rito scream! Love takes a quantum shift into the wrong gear and the star brakes are broken in the extra-special, extra-crazy extraterrestrial romance to end them all, MOTTO TO LOVE RU – The Complete Collection!

Watch for MOTTO TO LOVE RU on subtitled DVD this spring!

Is this a second season?

Yes

As PP said, yes.
However, a couple additional characters that are in this one, were actually introduced in the OVA that was released with the manga.
Which is why I’m hoping they get the OVA, otherwise, I think it might make it a bit confusing watching this one without it.

I’m hoping if they did not get the OVA’s they at least include something to explain the characters on the DVD’s. Problem I am thinking with the OVA’s is they may be held by someone else since they were released with the Manga. Those Manga exclusives from what I heard can cost at times almost as much an a entire series to get the rights to.

Cover art added may not be final. If it is I got a feeling this means no OVA’s.

Looks like someone over at imageshack complained about it but not the polyphonica one.lol So had to use the source of the image.

When did this 2nd season come out cause i think ive seen it before but im not sure?

It came out in Japan in the Fall of 2010, but we just licensed it. If you have seen it, it must have been illegally.

lol go figure. i seem to find all the illegal crap
 wish it wasnt true
 how do i find out if something has come out or not

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/

They have a very extensive encyclopedia. It lists when the anime came out in Japan as well as the US and lists episodes and all kinds of other info you might want to know.