Touch / Mix

Touch

Genres: drama, romance, tournament
Themes: baseball, school, sports, tragedy
Objectionable content: Mild
Plot Summary: The story centers around three characters - Uesugi Kazuya, his twin older brother Tatsuya, and Asakura Minami. Kazuya is the darling of his town as he’s talented, hardworking, and the ace pitcher for his middle school baseball team. Tatsuya is a hopeless slacker who’s been living the life of giving up the spotlight to Kazuya, despite the fact that he may be more gifted than him. Minami is the beautiful childhood girlfriend and for all intents, sister from next door who treats both of them as equals. Society largely assumes Kazuya and Minami will become the perfect couple, including Tatsuya. Yet as time progresses, Tatsuya grows to realize that he’s willing to sacrifice anything for the sake of his brother, except at the expense of giving up Minami to Kazuya. And thus the story is told of Tatsuya trying to prove himself over his established younger brother, how it affects the relationship between the three, and both brothers’ attempts to make Minami’s lifelong dreams come true.
Number of episodes: 101
Vintage: 1985-03-24 to 1987-03-22

ANN Info Page

Mix / Mix: Meisei Story

Plot Summary: 26 years after Meisei High conquered the Kōshien, a promising pitcher-catcher battery was formed in its middle school by the Tachibana step-brothers, Touma and Souichirou.
Number of Episodes: 24
Vintage: 2019-04-06

ANN Info Page

Mix: Meisei Story Season 2 / Mis: Meisei Story -Nidome no Natsu, Sora no Mukou e- 2

Vintage: 2023-04-01

ANN Info Page

Touch: Sebangou no Nai Ace (movie) Vintage: 1986-04-12
Touch 2, Sayonara no Okurimono (movie) Vintage: 1986-12-13
Touch 3: Don’t Pass Me By (movie) Vintage: 1987-04-11
Touch: Are kara, Kimi wa… - Miss Lonely Yesterday - (special) Vintage: 1998-12-22
Touch: Cross Road - Kaze no Yukue (special) Vintage: 2001-02-09

marathoning the first two seasons of Touch this weekend. I’m a real sucker for the old stuff.

Okay so it’s starts off pretty depressing. It’s not a real spoiler to describe the first five minutes of the show, so here it goes.

These two guys are identical twin brothers. The responsible baseball playing one is in love with the girl next door. The other brother is a complete slacker. The responsible brother dies after saving someone from getting hit by a truck, so slacker brother in order to honor his brother’s memory, decides to take over the old baseball team and start banging his brother’s old girlfriend. It’s a real heart warmer =) I mean it though, actually it is really heart warming. You have to give it to 80s cheesy to make you laugh and then cry and then make you feel ashamed all within the span of about a minute.

I thought I’d have to stop my marathon for the game, but I watched four whole episodes in just the first game thanks to the unbelievable amount of commercials.

Shame probably never get it legally on DVD here. Well maybe never is to strong of words cause its possible when AnimEigo gets done with Yawara they might license it. Though since the second set of Yawara has not even been announced it could be a long long time. Given the popularity in Japan though I don’t think it would come cheap either.

Too bad. Another wishful-thinking title.

hmmm these VHS tapes with labels written in marker sold to me out of a van in the back of the 99 ranch about ten years ago with jumpy yellow subtitles aren’t LEGAL!!! Damn…

BTW - I do actually own a Touch movie on DVD with english, so at some point some of it made it over here okay.

edit - I lied, it’s a laserdisc

I love how everyone in old anime had “helmet hair” LOL

Mitsuru Adachi’s Mix Manga Gets TV Anime in Spring 2019

posted on 2018-08-02 12:00 EDT by Jennifer Sherman

Mix Baseball Anime Reveals Staff, Visual, April 2019 Premiere

posted on 2018-12-06 05:16 EST by Crystalyn Hodgkins
Noriko Hidaka reprises role as Minami Asakura

Mix Baseball Anime Casts Yuuki Kaji, Reveals Visual

posted on 2019-01-28 10:35 EST by Jennifer Sherman
Series about siblings aiming for national tournament premieres in April

Mix Baseball Anime Casts Yūma Uchida, Maaya Uchida

posted on 2019-02-04 11:15 EST by Jennifer Sherman
Series about siblings aiming for national tournament premieres in April

Mix Baseball Anime Premieres on April 6

posted on 2019-02-11 10:00 EST by Crystalyn Hodgkins

Mix Baseball Anime Casts Kana Hanazawa

posted on 2019-02-11 10:49 EST by Jennifer Sherman
Series about siblings aiming for national tournament debuts on April 6

Mix Baseball Anime Casts Wataru Takagi, Kikuko Inoue

posted on 2019-02-18 10:50 EST by Jennifer Sherman

Mix Baseball Anime Casts Ryusei Nakao

posted on 2019-02-25 11:17 EST by Jennifer Sherman

sumika, Little Glee Monster Perform Mix Baseball Anime’s Theme Songs

posted on 2019-03-07 10:45 EST by Jennifer Sherman

Mix Baseball Anime Previewed in TV Ad

posted on 2019-03-16 05:49 EDT by Crystalyn Hodgkins
Series premieres on April 6

Can You Spot the Comedian Hiding in Every Episode of MIX?

April 02, 2019 6:07pm CDT
Asako Ito will play a different character in each episode of the baseball anime

Catch up to TOUCH as Fast as You Can with Manga and Anime Re-Releases

April 04, 2019 3:05pm CDT
The granddaddy of upcoming baseball anime MIX is getting a new lease on life

Funimation Streams Mix Baseball Anime, Reveals Dub Cast

posted on 2019-04-06 13:40 EDT by Alex Mateo
Howard Wang, Clifford Chapin, Dani Chambers star in dub streaming on same day as sub

The Spring 2019 Anime Preview Guide - Mix

Apr 6th 2019

MIX – Opening Theme – Equal