Towanoquon

The new cover art is pretty much what was expected, but it’s a nice improvement over the preliminary covers.

Any cast yet?

Nice to see the 5.1. Oh yeah.

Guess who has this on preorder? This guy! *Ohhhhh yeah. * B)

Guess who’d still have the bluray and DVD on bluray if the anime network would stop with their ancient business practice and stream the darn thing before the physical release has been out for months and months? If you also guessed me, you’d be right. :angry:

But Sentai, I’ll put that complaint on hold for this release because there is commentary with the English voice actors. In the words of Bill and Ted, EXCELLENT!!! (cue guitar riff)

For some reason the cover always gives me a **Cyborg-009 **vibe, which is probably why like it better than the one before.

The main dude (using the term loosely) does look disturbingly like the dude from Cyborg 009. Only more effeminate, thanks to the hair band. I couldn’t place who he reminded me of, I was stuck @ Yugi from Yugioh, but this is what I was trying to remember. Thanks for that :wink:

The cover art gives me a weird X-Men + St. Sebastian vibe. The tagline on the back just screams “X-Men” while an effeminate dude being shot down by arrows should bring up the classic St. Sebastian paintings.

Though having seen the first episode, I wonder about the arrows as they seem out of place. The show is set in what looked to be a near-future setting, a place with cyborgs and other advanced technology, a place where arrows are anachronistic.

Interesting.

English Dub Coming to VOD 6/7!

Also Coming Online 6/8!

The whole thing at once, or once a week?

According to the Online Schedule, it will be once a week.

Hmmm, it’s debuting 3 weeks before rightstuf’s official release date for the bluray. Is it a conspiracy because I actually pre ordered this months ago?

Shoot, this thing will be half over before it officially releases.

Guys, if this were a normal show, it’d be showing 2 eps this early on. Yet no show does. Double standards aren’t cool.

Well, I’ll just consider it a step in the right direction. Plus the release has a commentary track :wink:

English Dub Cast

ADR Director - Steven Foster

Quon - Corey Hartzog
Yuri - Jessica Boone
Tei - Monica Rial
Miu - Hilary Haag
Ryo - Adam Gibbs
Takao - Karl Glusman
Kiri - Emily Neves
Yuma - Ty Doran
Wakatsuki - Elizabeth Bunch
Kiri’s Grandmother - Marcy Bannor
Kannazuki - David Wald
Kamishiro - Andrew Love
Alpha - Justin Doran
Beta & Doctor - Sam Roman
Gamma - Leraldo Anzaldua
Delta - Shelley Calene-Black
Epsilon - David Matranga
Technical Chief - Chris Patton

Source: The Fandom Post

Wow, some Sentai actors with which I am not familiar. Very rare, makes me want to see the dub that much more.

Otherwise, it’s the usual Foster suspects, excellent on every way, save that only one of them approaches being a con regular. Am

Did the 2nd DVD really have to feature the nude image of the main male character?

Added The Anime Network’s trailer to first post.

English Dubbed anime appearing on Online Player starting June 8 for Premium Members.

End theme by Lazy is a pretty good piece of rock music so I checked them out. Turns out you can find old videos on Youtube of Lazy covering Deep Purple songs like Smoke On The Water and Highway Star… their name’s taken from another Deep Purple song. I ended up adding about a dozen songs here by the time I was done, because it recommended me Show-Ya and both groups had various incarnations over the years. Some first class rock there.

…fan service for the females? I’m game for it, I get tired of women all over my anime.

Hmmm, I thought that the hilarious ending theme sounded familiar. Lazy was the name of the band that did the song for ADV’s zone of the enders anime series; “danger, craving for the danger!” I didn’t look this up yet, I should, to see if this is the same band.

Speaking of.towanoquon, it was good until the cliche ending. If you’ve seen the ending of both Avatar:The Last Airbender and Avatar:The Legend of Korra then you’ve seen the ending towanoquon already.

I’m still satisfied with my purchase, but like funimation’s mnemosyne, it’s a 6 movie series in which only 5 were good :unsure: :laugh:

EDIT: The ensemble commentary track was pretty cool. In addition to talking about the show, it was mentioned that a bulk of the Towanoquon cast is heavily involved in Starship Troopers: Invasion. It has Casper Van Dien, Neil Patrick Harris, and Sentai actors involved :ohmy: …I totally have to preorder copies B)

So far it’s good, but first time I’ve seen the heel make a heel turn in a while. (episode 5)

Ouch, I hadn’t really noticed this RightStuf coupon (after the Death Note incident, and since I preorder, I’d all but forgotten about them) that is designed to seemingly liquidate Towanoquon. I know that ANN bashed it recently, which speaks volumes, but I didn’t realize it had done that poorly.

C’mon people, it had a commentary track. An English commentary track and yet it is left to die on RS, only one beat away from being buried in the Bargain Bin.

How could this happen?