Weekend Binge Guide: Shoujo Anime Weekend

Ever had one of those days when you just can’t decide what to watch? No sweat, Anime Network’s staff is here to help.
Every Friday, we’ll have a new selection of titles that we recommend for a weekend of Anime binging.
Read this week’s blog for the Weekend Binge Guide!

[size=18]Shoujo Anime Weekend![/size]
5/8/15
By: Kuuhaku

So this weekend I thought I would let my more feminine side out by suggesting some shoujo anime. If you happen to be new to anime and have no idea what shoujo (or shojo) is - here’s a quick rundown:

Shoujo anime usually contains themes that would appeal to the pre-teen to teenage girl demographic. In fact shoujo literally means young girl. The settings in which the anime takes place can be anything from historical to sci-fi. What makes them a shoujo is there is a strong focus on relationships and emotions. Now, this doesn’t necessarily mean ALL shoujo are romances. Though I suppose most, like 98%, of anime romances would be categorized as a shoujo.

Now don’t go assuming things, just because these shows are aimed to draw in a young female audience does NOT mean that the male demographic won’t find them entertaining. In fact I curated my list today to include titles that would amuse both girls and boys.