Welcome to the New Forums!

I’m not sure when it started, but I can’t see what forum a thread belongs to anymore at the top of the page.

Firefox Windows 7 PC (Mouse and keyboard for life yo!)

[quote=“miquelfire, post:101, topic:7632”]
I’m not sure when it started, but I can’t see what forum a thread belongs to anymore at the top of the page.[/quote]
At the top of the page, are you looking in the ‘Latest’ Category? ‘Latest’ only shows threads by the order things were posted.

Or are you looking in the “Categories”? This should be the traditional way like the forum was before.

Like, on the threads themselves. Look at the top of the window (unless lower versions of IE doesn’t support the moving header on here as you scroll down)

Example:

Taking that snapshot, it seems it is there, but an off black… Funny it shows up better in the snapshot than the real deal… Gamma correction is strange.

1 Like

[quote=“miquelfire, post:103, topic:7632”]
Like, on the threads themselves. Look at the top of the window (unless lower versions of IE doesn’t support the moving header on here as you scroll down)[/quote]
I see what you mean now. And I’m seeing it on all forums also. I’ll report it.

1 Like

I don’t post often, but when I do I drink a cool glass of water. Wait that’s not how it goes…ah well.

My assessment of this forum change is not positive, and I despise complaining about anything. I must concur with what CoffeeGod has stated and the scroll in particular is annoying as sin. It seems as though this was clearly designed for ease for mobile devices? It’s as bad as onswipe imo, which even for mobile is atrocious. I’ve actually been turned away from sites that use that when browsing on an iPad for instance to get my news from other sources.

At the current rate at which mobile devices are becoming more homogenized with set criteria, and similar technology, the use of a mobile stop-all seems to curtail advancement and accessibility. There could always be a mobile site, and desktop, as other sites have in place. That being said, a desktop environment can fully function in today’s devices and may even perform better and look overall cleaner.

Just an honest assessment and opinion on the matter, and hope TAN Forums considers a better option for user interface going forward.

-KnightDemon

"Function paves the way for aesthetic infrastructure, but infrastructure built on only the latter will never function. "

No, it’s not just an IE issue. Firefox is doing the same exact thing. My guess is that it is affecting most browsers… at least PC based. Just passing the word on from my end as well.

Firefox 32.0.3, Up-to-date

1 Like

I’m using Firefox as well

Firefox and FF derivative browsers (Waterfox, Pale Moon) are giving me the same issue.

Just wondering if we could get an update from the admins about the status of getting things fixed, such as the spoiler tags, colors, and one click buttons, etc. Having to use all this code stuff is getting to be annoying and does not seem to be just a temporary fix at this point.

I know you guys probably have your hands full with this and other things, but a short update (perhaps weekly?) would do a lot to reassure us that things are being worked on behind the scenes and that you haven’t forgotten our concerns.

I do see that the category title has been lightened up above and I thank you for that as well as all of your other efforts on our behalf. You are the best!

[quote=“miquelfire, post:101, topic:7632”]
I’m not sure when it started, but I can’t see what forum a thread belongs to anymore at the top of the page.[/quote]
This has been fixed.

1 Like

I now see the subforum name, and its “onclick” functionality is restored, which makes the forum easier to navigate. The Anime Network logo is now back as well.

However, I do not see the subforum name in its colored box. I see a small colored box to the left of the subforum name and then the name; the name is “naked” lol.

I want a friends list thinga-ma-jig.

The controls for posting replies on the desktop have been really screwy for me. The buttons are atop the box where the reply is typed and the preview pane is only 2 lines tall, is overlapping the “hide preview” link and is also partially atop the reply text box.

Weird.

EDIT: PC, Win 7 64 bit, latest Firefox (and also latest version of some FF derivative browsers)

I am having trouble reproducing this on Firefox latest on Windows 8.1, can anyone else make this happen? Any magic plugins? Does this happen in all widths?

1 Like

Yes. I don’t have any plugins besides the usual suspects (Java, Flash, Silverlight).

Finally the “forums” are working again.

So the notifications are broken. I was mentioning to slow I would post here about it, but a notification takes me not to newer posts in a thread i have somehow ended up getting notifications from ((how can I stop that?), but to MY last post in the thread, even if I have seen the post or any after it. Example the VOD reports thread, Sword Art Online thread, it takes me to posts nearly 3 weeks old with a notification on a new post.

Means threads are NOT being recorded as read correctly somewhere like the main “forum” index does when the link is generated for the notification.

Why isn’t there with the notifications buble and magnifying glass and 3 horizontal rule lines an envelope for quick access to mail/PMs? I have no idea how to get to them, and they are a core function of a bulletin board system and need quick acces to the mail system. the bubble CLAIMS to be for PMs, but clicking on it only pops up the notifications and does NOT take to to PMs. they should jsut be a new icon to take you directly there because without a green dot (colorblind so guess it is green) to tell you that you have a new PM/mail, there is no real easy way to get to the mail functions…

Also the image above of the header from TAN is showing broken image to me always where the TAN logo should be. not even reloading or attempting to SHOW PICTURE loads the picture so until the above screenshot of the reply section was given, I had no idea what the image was. seems to be a conflict of having one frame for TAN content from theanimenetwork.com and another frame for the “forum” from fastly.net. whatever fastly.net is. O.o

[quote=“shadzar, post:116, topic:7632”]
Why isn’t there with the notifications buble and magnifying glass and 3 horizontal rule lines an envelope for quick access to mail/PMs?[/quote]
I can at least help with this one,
If you click on your avatar in the upper right-hand corner, you’ll get a drop-down menu, where you’ll see “Messages”.
Click on that and it will take you to the Messages section.

Also, there has been a lot of Editing going on in some of the old threads, causing some of them to pop-up in Notifications.
It makes them look like there is something happening in them when there really isn’t (other than some clean-up). This could also be the cause of some threads popping up in the middle. Hopefully, this shouldn’t go on for too much longer (but I can only type so fast).

aha! thanks

would have never looked there. at least i was able to get back after the forum choked and it saved my mail to you so i was able to send it after the forums began working again. an apparently as AOL used to say “I’ve got mail” now. :smile:

Depending on what the notification was for, I might have an answer to this.
When Slow edits posts, you get a Notification of the post that is edited and if you click on it, it takes you to the post that was edited.

The same goes for “Likes” as well.

well that is jsut plain dumb. unless the post was editted for moderation, there is no need to see it again. and for the most part that doesn’t happen. even an editted post of slow’s own wouldn’t be much something people need to see again like int he SAOII thread.

Editting is jsut screwy all around then if the limit thing will return and this nonsense. NEW posts should be what notifications are for. if you are going to mimic Facebook and all those other sites, then at least get the functions right!

Maybe the notification needs an “EDIT” portion to tell you it was jsut an edit so you can skip it and jsut go to the newest unseen post in the thread since I am sure it would take an act of god to fix the way it is curently designed.

Silly question since you have done extensive editting, do you get a notification when you edit your own post after coming back to it, or was that silliness avoided?

URL problems. a URL containing a non-alphanumeric character at the end gets truncated in a post. Luckily the one I jsut recently used the site it linked to corrects for this stupid behavior of faulty systems not understanding and capable of handling URLs properly, but I doubt many others do this. The URL should be a literal and the post should show it if need be in full form. jsut use the proper quatation in the form to capture the characters or use URL encoding for the non-alphanumerics when storing the provided ANSI characters.