What Movie(s) did you watch today?

The Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug

The movie had that issue where most of the CG doesn’t look that bad and the “live action” stuff doesn’t look bad but together they look bad because they don’t jibe.

It’s a good thing that no allies saw Gandalf use his magic powers or there would have been a mutiny. When Gandalf is with his allies his “help” is little more than “run!” but when he’s by himself he suddenly starts blasting out the magic. :slight_smile:

Fast and Furious 6. It was refreshing to see some actually choreographed fight scenes using actors who could hack it (no “Matt Damon-ing” here) and actual stunts but the movie was kinda hokey and forgettable.

Though what happened to Vin Diesel?! A few years ago, during the “Dwayne Johnson” phase, The Rock had gotten scrawny while Vin Diesel was channeling 80s Arnold but now The Rock is “Samoan Thor” while Vin Diesel has gotten scrawnier and kinda flabby.

The Internship on ActionMax
Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters on Cinemax West

Kick-Ass 2 on Cinemax
Enders Game on Cinemax
The Conjuring on HBO

in no particular order, save for what i remember from what has been on EPIX…

From Russia With Love
You Only Live Twice
Skyfall
A View to a Kill
The Living Daylights
Goldfiner
Never Say Never Again
Live and Let Die

I watched The Notebook today. I cried for twenty minutes. I very rarely get this upset over something like a movie. I don’t know what to do about this.

for what it is worth i am watching the story of Elektra, but it has Wolverine in it and is called The Wolverine.

either way i would prefer hot needles in my eyes than to continue watching it so off to do something else.

The Wolverine on HBO

A Million Ways to Die in the West

Another one, two punch of cheese…

Deathstlalker 1 & 2

Priest on Syfy

Chitty chitty BANG BANG!

chitty bang bang chitty chitty bang bang, i chitty, you chitty, chitty chitty bang bang. this movie isnt really as chitty as most people claim it is because i love the songs!

Transformers 4 :laugh:

i am so sorry for you. :frowning:

[quote=“shadzar” post=171321]

:laugh:

i am so sorry for you. :([/quote]

If you say so… :S

Edge of Tomorrow Transformers 4 almost caused me to miss this one but it was fun. Not world-shattering but far better than I thought it would be. Definitely should have had Casper Van Dien (Johnny Rico) in the movie as this was totally Starship Troopers 4: D-Day :slight_smile:

It definitely did time travel better than X-Men:DoFP.

So how was Transformers 4? Was Marky Mark better than Shia?

A Kid for Two Farthings
1956 - Excellent movie; great character study about the simpler times and how wishes can come true.

Earthsea parts 1&2
D&D: Book of Vile Darkness (it never gets better, it only gets worse every time i watch this trite…)
Seven brides for seven brothers

The LEGO Movie on DVD

Frozen on STARZ Edge
Gravity on HBO