What's Cooking?

Rice and beans with a cajun zest!

5 Likes

Cool beans and rice :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Looks like Oshizu isn’t the only one who’s got puns tonight.
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Anyone else ever get a craving for a 3:45am grilled cheese sandwich?

4 Likes

What butter do you use? I’m partial to Kerrygold Irish Butter for my grilled cheese sandwiches

4 Likes

The 3:45 AM Grilled Cheese Sandwich? Yes, yes I do. Sometimes my oldest son is up then too and makes it for us.

Mark Gosdin

3 Likes

You may call me a heathen for this, but we actually don’t use butter at all. Instead, in my house, we use Hellmann’s Mayo. Now, while it sounds strange, just hear me out. Mayo contains both oil and eggs, which not only keeps the bread from burning to the pan, but also gives it a nice crunch, similar to french toast. I think the best part is that I wouldn’t be what you would call a fan of Mayo, but that’s how I always make them. Because you use the Mayo on the outside of the sandwich, it actually cooks the mayonnaise flavor away lol.

2 Likes

I’ll have to try that sometime. But like you, I’m not a huge fan of mayo.

3 Likes

I, on the other hand, am a fan of mayo. That sounds interesting, we normally use the extra cream / European standard butter from Land-O-Lakes.

Mark Gosdin

3 Likes

Lol. Yeah. The only brand I can tolerate is Hellmann’s. Mcdonald’s Mayo makes me straight up sick :rofl:

3 Likes

I can handle just about any brand, the best was Griffin’s which is an Oklahoma only brand. Miracle Whip, on the other hand, just doesn’t cut it.

Mark Gosdin

2 Likes

Ugh. Miracle Whip…

2 Likes

Was really craving an oreo milkshake. And no. Not that garbage at McDonald’s.

This was made with a 48oz container of vanilla ice cream, half of a bag of oreo crumbs, and 1/8th of a gallon of milk.

So good!

3 Likes

You made crumbs from perfectly good Oreos??

4 Likes

I would never do that!!!

They actually sell oreo crumbs in the bakery section, for stuff like oreo cheesecake. I actually think a regular bag of oreos are cheaper though…

3 Likes

White cheddar infused hamburgers, using quite possibly the lowest quality, greasiest hamburger I have ever seen. When I say that the pan was full of grease, and I pressed them with paper towels several times, I am not kidding…

On poppy seeded italian bread, with mustard!

3 Likes

That looks so good!

2 Likes

Thank you so much!

2 Likes

Brings back memories of School Lunches in the 60’s & 70’s. They managed to get the hamburger patties so dry they were like cardboard … but when they made hamburger pizza ( With the same supplied meat. ) they literally poured grease off the slices.

Low quality that.

Mark Gosdin

4 Likes

Back in the day our school burgers wished they were greasy. Ours were SO dry and shriveled up. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3 Likes