AN Forums

What's Cooking?

Wicca… You made me do this…

Tried the hot and spicy one already.

It’s just chorizo SPAM. Literally. It’s alright, but actual Spanish chorizo is WAY better…

Yami: “SPAM, SPAM, SPAM! He-he.”

4 Likes

I’ll always be grateful that the Girls und Panzer folks were Monty Python fans just like me. :laughing:

Mark Gosdin

4 Likes

Round 2! Turkey Spam!

This, surprisingly enough, is decent! It’s reminiscent of really low grade turkey. Like Land O Frost brand.

For what it is, it’s alright!

4 Likes

Yami: “Tonight, I made the meal for everyone. It’s Carolina style bbq baked chicken, with a potato onion and cheddar casserole, and baked squash!” She blushes. “I tried my best at it…”

This is amazing, Yami! The chicken is so juicy, you must have marinated it in the BBQ sauce for hours! And the squash has parmesan cheese sprinkled on it??? My only complaint is there isn’t enough for another plate!

Yami blushes harder. “I’m really happy, hearing that. :yellow_heart::black_heart:

4 Likes

Garlic teriyaki broiled pork chops, with sauerkraut and mashed potatoes!

Yami: “Ooh! The teriyaki sauce blends so well with the pork! Delish! :yellow_heart::black_heart:

6 Likes

Slow simmered jerk chicken with a version of Yami’s potato casserole, and baked Brussels sprouts!

Yami: “The Brussels sprouts! Oh my gosh, the Brussels sprouts! They’re so tender, and you seasoned them with soy sauce and applewood bacon! Please make these again soon!!! :yellow_heart::black_heart:

4 Likes

A simple, quick meal. Hot dogs with chow-chow relish, semi-homemade franks and beans, and tater tots.

Yami: “I had never had chow-chow before. It’s like a spicy sweet relish. Such a unique flavor!”

3 Likes

Nice and easy peasy meal for the night except for the peas
No green veggies to night?

2 Likes

Hadn’t thought of Chow-Chow in a Loooong time. @MaouSadao is that homemade?

Mark Gosdin

3 Likes

@mgosdin Sadly, no. They sell it at Buc-ees in Daytona FL. It’s been a good 15 years since I last had it!

Found these at the grocery store today:

Yami: “Mr. Goodbar??? I thought they only made those in the mini snack bars!”

4 Likes

Yami is right, it’s been decades since I saw full size mr.Goodbars. Maybe the late 1980’s.

Mark Gosdin

4 Likes

So you really were Looking for Mr. Goodbar

6 Likes

Maybe some hope for full sized Krackel again.

4 Likes

I get it, @Series5Ranger

6 Likes

Honey rubbed chicken thighs with asparagus and mashed potatoes! Also made some chocolate chip cookies!

Yami: “Fresh asparagus! It’s so much better than the canned stuff! And the honey coated chicken was incredible!”

He-he. Yeah. I coated the chicken, then let it marinate at room temperature for about an hour before cooking. I’m really glad you liked it. :heart:

4 Likes

As I work tomorrow, we had Thanksgiving dinner today!

Made brussels sprouts, seasoned broccoli, homemade mashed potatoes, stuffing, macaroni and cheese, cranberry sauce, 5 cup salad, and a 14 pound turkey!

Yami: “The dinner was absolutely spectacular, Maou. I loved it! Happy early Thanksgiving. :yellow_heart::black_heart:

6 Likes

@MaouSadao you got ahead start on the holiday meal everything looks good

2 Likes

My Thanksgiving meal at work:

Yami: “Your meal was 10,000 times better than that bowl is, Maou. :yellow_heart::black_heart:

5 Likes

Thanksgiving dinner was good

3 Likes