What's Cooking?

Still is one of mine.

6 Likes

Classic, popular with all three boys.

Mark Gosdin

6 Likes

Tried my hand at baking a cake…

Red velvet with Hershey’s chocolate icing.

Yami: “You made it for your Mom’s birthday, right? Aww that’s so sweet!!! :yellow_heart::black_heart:

5 Likes

Tonight is a dish I’ve never made before. From my understanding, it’s an Indian curry style dish, made with coconut milk. Chicken Tikka Masala!

Yami: “You never made this, ever before?”

Nope. This is the first time. I followed the recipe online, and hope it’s okay.

Yami: “Maou… IT’S DELICIOUS!!! :yellow_heart::black_heart:

5 Likes

Looks like a winner chicken curry dinner

1 Like

Bacon cheddar cheeseburger with baked beans and coleslaw!

Yami: “Such a juicy burger! And the bacon is so crispy! :yellow_heart::black_heart:

6 Likes

Homemade burgers :hamburger: are the bomb :bomb:

1 Like

Lasagna garlic bread mixed vegetables

3 Likes

Baked breaded chicken breast strips over cream of mushroom rice, and steamed broccoli! This is one of the first recipes I made when I was younger, except my family used to use instant rice. Lol.

Yami: “Aww! :yellow_heart::black_heart:

5 Likes

Lemon pepper marinated baked chicken breasts, with steamed mixed vegetables!

Yami: “Such juicy chicken! And I love the seasoning! :yellow_heart::black_heart:

5 Likes

Turkey and cheddar with easy cheese cheddar Triscuits!

Yami: “That was a new box of Triscuits btw…”

4 Likes

Ghost pepper honey bbq chicken over sticky rice.

:hot_face: :heart_on_fire: :fire:

Put way to much ghost pepper sauce in the mix.

6 Likes

Rapa scrapple with hominy and buttered toast!

Yami: “You were right! The flavor is so different than the Jones’ brand we have down here! It’s so much more succulent! And you didn’t char it either!”

Told you, Yami. The difference is that great! I don’t know if it’s the ingredients they use, or the fact that Rapa is refrigerated, while Jones’ is frozen, but it’s definitely something…

Oh! I also think @Newshawk would appreciate this! :heart:

7 Likes

Yes, I would! I just learned that Rapa and Habbersett scrapple (which I’m most familiar with) are both sold by the same Delaware company. Habbersett bills itself as “Philadelphia’s Favorite” and as I am a South Jersey guy (born in Camden, Grew up on Long Beach Island,) it’s the one I remember seeing in local stores, from Beall’s Supermarket in Beach Haven to Acme stores all over the place.

3 Likes

Jerk chicken with roasted potatoes over rice!

Yami: “So sweet, and spicy! Amazing!!! :yellow_heart::black_heart:

4 Likes

Pork mashed potatoes and green beans

2 Likes

Yami: “Since Maou worked late today, I made dinner! Salisbury steak with mashed potatoes and peas! It’s nothing extravagant, but a good meal nonetheless! :yellow_heart::black_heart:

Your meal was delicious, Yami. :heart:

4 Likes

Was off today, so made some homemade beef stew!!!

Yami: “Maou started cooking this around 3pm this afternoon, so a 6 hour simmer! It’s sooooo good!!! :yellow_heart::black_heart:

4 Likes

Who wants freshly baked muffins???

Yami: “They’re so soft and sweet!!! :yellow_heart::black_heart:

5 Likes

Corned beef hash with sunny side up eggs and toast with huckleberry jam! Admittedly, the CBH was canned, but the huckleberry jam is actually homemade by some of my very distant relatives in Montana!

Yami: “Doesn’t matter that it’s canned. It’s still good! And that’s sweet that they sent you some homemade jam like that! … Oh! One other thing. Do we have anymore old bay hot sauce for the eggs?”

Yep! Here ya go!

Yami: “Thanks!”

3 Likes