Writing an novel, or series, or something

“How in the galaxies did you get the Henthshraq to approve that?” Jake asked.

“Well, that is an interesting story. When we told them about the ships weapons to get approval, and we had to wait as the proposal eventually went up to one of the High Clan Chieftains. We were told after reading the proposal, he actually laughed. While most of the Henthshraq we talked with seemed outraged that we were exploiting a loop hole, the High Chieftain approved due to our cleverness and audacity. He also made a few other species mad when he said there will be new limits to be placed on such designs, but the Terran Federation will be granted a Grandfather clause of exception since we thought of it first. Several species believe the new weapon system is a joke though. We feel no need to correct them. We are also happy that the Shraq didn’t complain about the new torpedoes or missiles.”

Jake stopped him, “So, you said you shrunk the system down to work in N.A.U. mounted rifles? What about their head and forearm built in guns?”

The man looked at him, “Remember, this is still somewhat classified, though word of it has officially been spread a little. We haven’t gotten that far yet, but it will happen soon enough.”

After eating the meal the man left for them, Hana and Jake waited eagerly for the next training session. The new weapons did hold promise.

That eagerness did not last. Once again Jake looked at his darkened screens and waved away the fake smoke. “Damn it again!” he shouted, but this time with less force than he had before. Even with the new weapons, the enemy seemed to be too strong and skilled for them. If anything, they grew bolder and increased their attack speed as a result of the new weaponry. Jake was sick of seeing those skinny N.A.U.s spinning and dancing around their units, cutting them to ribbons with their space distortion/plasma weapons.

The man’s voice came over the intercom again, though it was a bit different. “Changed my voice and look. I see you are still upset. I will tell you what I told everyone else. Notice now you lasted twice as long as any other session. And this time, you truly angered the race that created these things when we were building pyramids. And trust us; this is a very accurate simulation. Just think about that.”

Jake did think about it. Eventually, he smiled. “So, we are not going to let ourselves be intimidated by them forever. We are catching up fast, very fast. Just you wait.”

Wow, haven’t updated this in awhile. I started to write on this again, but I am well past where I stopped posting. If interested, I can post more here, or I can email peeps what I have. There have been some edits on previous stuff, but nothing major.

I’m just throwing it out there, but as I previously posted in another thread, I am also writing a story. :slight_smile: Though I don’t know if it’s any good right now, and I only have 11-12 short chapters in it. :blush: I’m hoping to publish it once the first book is done and see if it gets me anywhere. If it doesn’t, oh well, I’ll still have fun writing the others. :stuck_out_tongue:

The basic summary of it is that a teenage boy (about 15 or 16) is taken from our world and placed into another by an unknown force. This is a world very different than the one he came from: magic, spirits, faries, and the constant threat he faces from all those who seek to rid him from their world, or worse. This isn’t the first time he has had to watch his back, but it sure is not going to be the last.

I’m thinking that the whole story will span a total of at least 7 books, with two others in intense consideration, and many more in thought depending on how things go over. :wink: I also have an idea for a whole nother series that will span an unknown amount of books (6 at least). :3

Since I’m writing it on a feed-back basis, I post each of the chapters once they are finished on a http://maybegoodstory.blogspot.com/.
Read it if you wish, and please give me feedback. :cheer: Also, sorry you have to scroll all the way down to get to the beginning. :frowning: Once the story is complete, I will fix that.

Iron K. Tager wrote:

[quote]I’m just throwing it out there, but as I previously posted in another thread, I am also writing a story. :slight_smile: Though I don’t know if it’s any good right now, and I only have 11-12 short chapters in it. :blush: I’m hoping to publish it once the first book is done and see if it gets me anywhere. If it doesn’t, oh well, I’ll still have fun writing the others. :stuck_out_tongue:

The basic summary of it is that a teenage boy (about 15 or 16) is taken from our world and placed into another by an unknown force. This is a world very different than the one he came from: magic, spirits, faries, and the constant threat he faces from all those who seek to rid him from their world, or worse. This isn’t the first time he has had to watch his back, but it sure is not going to be the last.

I’m thinking that the whole story will span a total of at least 7 books, with two others in intense consideration, and many more in thought depending on how things go over. :wink: I also have an idea for a whole nother series that will span an unknown amount of books (6 at least). :3

Since I’m writing it on a feed-back basis, I post each of the chapters once they are finished on a http://maybegoodstory.blogspot.com/.
Read it if you wish, and please give me feedback. :cheer: Also, sorry you have to scroll all the way down to get to the beginning. :frowning: Once the story is complete, I will fix that.[/quote]

Please make your own thread, and put this info there. Then people can leave feedback in your thread without taking away from Redshirt’s thread.

Thanks!

My apologies. I thought this thread was open to the public. :frowning:
I think I will make another thread like you suggested. :blush: Again, sorry for my intrusion. :unsure: