AN Forums

W'z

W’z

Plot Summary: Yukiya is about 14 years old. He spends his time DJ-ing alone. Due to his father’s influence, he’s listened to house music since he was young, and he uploads videos online. He wants to convey something to someone. He wants to be recognized, and become important. But getting hurt is scary. One day, while trying to get more views, he does something that can’t be undone. And he sees a live broadcast from “that world.” Yukiya believes he can’t do anything alone, but that he could accomplish something if he were doing it together with someone else.
Vintage: 2019-01-05

ANN Info Page

Winter 2019 Master Licensing List

Go Hands, Frontier Works Reveal Original Anime Project W’z for 2019

posted on 2018-03-18 06:06 EDT / ANN
Katsumi Fukuhara stars as 14-year-old DJ in music-centric series

General Anime News & Discussion

GoHands’ Original W’z Anime’s 1st Promo Video Reveals January 2019 Premiere

posted on 2018-10-05 09:08 EDT by Crystalyn Hodgkins
Toshiki Masuda joins cast for music-centric series set in Osaka

GoHands’ Original W’z Anime’s New Promo Video Reveals New Characters, January 5 Premiere

posted on 2018-10-19 05:37 EDT by Crystalyn Hodgkins
Katsumi Fukuhara, Toshiki Masuda star in music-centric series

GoHands’ Original W’z Anime Reveals 5 More Cast Members, New Key Visual

posted on 2018-11-01 07:11 EDT by Crystalyn Hodgkins
Series premieres on January 5

GoHands’ Original W’z Anime Reveals Unaired Episode on Home Video

posted on 2018-11-08 04:58 EST by Crystalyn Hodgkins
Stage play’s star Ryōhei Takenaka also sings 13-episode anime’s opening theme song

Five Lovely Ladies Join the Cast of W’z TV Anime

November 08, 2018 9:09am CST
Original work by GoHands and FrontierWorks begins broadcasting in Japan on January 05, 2019

GoHands’ Original W’z Anime Reveals Female Cast, Ending Theme Artist

posted on 2018-11-08 10:30 EST by Jennifer Sherman
Akane Fujita, Inori Minase, Atsumi Tanezaki, Minami Takahashi, Yōko Hikasa join cast

DJs Square Off for Music Battles in Original TV Anime “W’z”

December 07, 2018 1:04pm CST
Japanese broadcast schedule revealed for new project from the makers of “Hand Shakers”

Sentai Filmworks License Announcement

December 31, 2018

Sentai Filmworks Licenses GoHands’ Original W’Z Anime

posted on 2018-12-31 14:57 EST by Karen Ressler
Series premieres on January 5

I see that they R tried to appeal to the non anime views and they might have a break dance anime show who knows

Considering how bad Hand Shakers Bombed, Let’s hope GoHands recovers with this one.

HIDIVE Streaming Announcement

January 2, 2019

W’z, Ep 1, is live at HIDIVE

Ep 1

Spoiler

It’s basically an indirect sequel to Handshakers. As if GoHands shouldn’t have cut bait and run after that disaster. 1st episode starts off with an irregular guy who can handshake with anyone and brings bad luck to both himself and the person he joins hands with. Leads up to a fight and the girl with him foresaw her own death, so yeah this is going to be a big angsty guilt trip of a show. I’ll give it a few more episodes to see if I’m going to stick with it, but I couldn’t get past the first episode of HandShakers, so this is a slight improvement, Your mileage may vary

The Winter 2019 Anime Preview Guide - W’z

Jan 5th 2019

Well I was going to go watch it ,but Leonard Part 6 is on Amazon and it sounds like it’d be the better watch . :wink:

W’z, Ep 2, is live at HIDIVE

W’z, Ep 3, is live at HIDIVE