Your recently legal bought ADV/Sentai/Happy Carrot/Switchblade/Maiden Japan Media

Now that things are getting better financially, I decided to pick up some new blurays.

From Best Buy:
From Up On Poppy Hill Bluray

From Amazon:
Another Complete Collection Bluray

A pretty sizable chunk of Sentai releases are considerably cheaper than Right Stuf right now, so I may pick up one or two more when I get paid.

Deep Disount is running a Buy 2, Get 1Free sale on select bluray titles through September 18. Several Sentai Filmworks releases are included. Their free shipping limit is $25, so one boxset gets you there.

To see eligible titles: http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.browse&categoryAlias_name=Blu-ray-Buy-Two-Get-One&categoryID=713e63ba-c8fe-4fa6-b6c3-fc544dce4a92&categoryName=&viewType=list&sortType=&resultsPerPage=150.

Ordered from *RightStuf!:

Battle Girls: Time Paradox Blu-ray Complete Collection (Hyb)

Pre-ordered:
Humanity Has Declined Blu-ray Complete Collection (S) (12/24/13)*
So, I Can’t Play H Blu-ray Complete Collection (S) (12/31/13)*

These blu-ray sub releases probably mean that English dubs are unlikely to appear very soon, if ever. :frowning:
And so I will try these, my first subtitled blu-rays, and we’ll see…

Since I was getting the HotD OVA, I figured I’d put my upgrade double-dips order in as well since there’s a FUNi sale going on at the moment.

● Highschool of the Dead Complete Collection (BD)
● Highschool of the Dead OVA: Drifters of the Dead (BD)
● Ninja Scroll (BD)

These showed up yesterday.

● AKB0048 Season 01 Complete Collection (BD) (pre-order 9/3)
● Medaka Box Complete Collection (BD) (pre-order 9/24)

Took advantage of the current Deep Discount Bluray sale:

Penguindrum Bluray Collection 1 $41.49
K-On! Season 2, Bluray Collection 2 $41.49
Tokyo Magnitude 8.0 Bluray Collection $0.00

$83 for three series. Not bad.

These came today:

Medaka Box Blu-ray Complete Collection (Hyb)
Patlabor TV Series Blu-ray Collection 2 (Hyb)

Wanted to make a comment.
They have started using new cases for these. It’s the kind with the stackable hubs. Basically 2 disc can fit on each. With one disc sounds like disc are floating around. No holes in the cases at least. Just hopefully these do better then what disney is using.

Gotten a bit more since last time I posted ,but way to much to remember at the moment.

Shipped yesterday from DeepDiscount:

Broken Blade: The Complete Series [2 Discs] [Blu-ray]
IS: Infinite Stratos - Complete Collection [3 Discs] [Blu-ray]
Demon King Daimao - Complete Collection [2 Discs] [Blu-ray]

On the “three for the price of two” sale.

[quote=“psychopuppet”]These came today:

They have started using new cases for these. It’s the kind with the stackable hubs. Basically 2 disc can fit on each. With one disc sounds like disc are floating around. No holes in the cases at least. Just hopefully these do better then what disney is using.

Gotten a bit more since last time I posted ,but way to much to remember at the moment.[/quote]

The word “stack” when talking about a BD case frightens me. Please tell me that there are no discs that are on top of each other in there. Please.

When you say “no holes”, does that mean that they did not cut out the front plastic of the case?

These shipped out yesterday.

● Ninja Scroll (BD)

[quote=“celestial_being”]

[quote=“psychopuppet”]
These came today

Gotten a bit more since last time I posted ,but way to much to remember at the moment.[/quote]

The word “stack” when talking about a BD case frightens me. Please tell me that there are no discs that are on top of each other in there. Please.

When you say “no holes”, does that mean that they did not cut out the front plastic of the case?[/quote]

In these no because they are only two disc releases , but its possible if they were 3 or more disc they could be stacked on top of each other. Two disc per side. Disney has been using some what similar cases and a few people have reported damaged disc when they do stack them.

The no holes means no Eco-friendly case cut outs.

Here’s hoping that the no-cutout cases continue from Sentai. I’m not sure if the cutouts are eco-friendly but I know that they’re not durability friendly.

HSotD: Drifters BD

[quote=“psychopuppet”]

[quote=“celestial_being”]

[quote=“psychopuppet”]
These came today

When you say “no holes”, does that mean that they did not cut out the front plastic of the case?[/quote]

In these no because they are only two disc releases , but its possible if they were 3 or more disc they could be stacked on top of each other. Two disc per side. Disney has been using some what similar cases and a few people have reported damaged disc when they do stack them.

The no holes means no Eco-friendly case cut outs.[/quote]

I know exactly the cases you are talking about. My combopack of Lilo and Stitch came in one. I was worried for a moment because the DVD was on stop and I thought the bluray was missing. I guess these must be cheaper than the disc cases with hubs on both sides. I’m personally not a fan, but as I’ve said before, there are always worse cases they could use.

These showed up yesterday.

● Ninja Scroll (BD)

Hidamari Sketch SP

Breaking the long summer drought. Fall should see Anime flowing again here.

Mark Gosdin

Highschool of the Dead: Drifters of the Dead OVA
The World God Only Knows Season 1 Collection

On Order:
BTOOOM! Complete Collection

Preordered BTOOOM! Complete Collection just because. Hoping for a great dub on this one :wink:

'course I did it before the RightStuf sale, just because I decided to use the Funimation sale (my mistake, as it turned out).

[quote=“celestial_being”]Preordered BTOOOM! Complete Collection just because. Hoping for a great dub on this one :wink:

'course I did it before the RightStuf sale, just because I decided to use the Funimation sale (my mistake, as it turned out).[/quote]

If nothing has shipped if you call CS can sometimes adjust the price.

Highschool of the Dead OVA: Drifters of the Dead
Kokoro Connect OVA Complete Collection
Medaka Box Abnormal Complete Collection
Nakaimo ~ My Little Sister Is Among Them! Complete Collection

Pre-ordered:
BTOOOM! Blu-ray Complete Collection (Hyb)
Casshan Blu-ray Complete Collection (S)
Girls und Panzer Blu-ray Complete TV Series (Hyb)
Humanity Has Declined Blu-ray Complete Collection (S)
Maria-Holic Blu-ray Complete Collection (Hyb)
Medaka Box Abnormal Blu-ray Complete Collection (Hyb)
Patlabor TV Series Blu-ray Collection 3 (Hyb)
Patlabor TV Series Blu-ray Collection 4 (Hyb)
Pet Girl of Sakurasou, The Blu-ray Collection 1 (S)
Say, “I Love You” Blu-ray Complete Collection (Hyb)
So, I Can’t Play H Blu-ray Complete Collection (S)