Your recently legal bought ADV/Sentai/Happy Carrot/Switchblade/Maiden Japan Media

Hidamari Sketch X Hoshimittsu
Hidamari Sketch 365

Mark Gosdin

These showed up yesterday.

● Kokoro Connect TV Collection (BD) (pre-order 10/22)
● Phi-Brain ~ The Puzzle of God Season 02: Orpheus Order Collection 02 (BD) (pre-order 10/8)

[quote=“TheCoffeeGod”]
Kokoro Connect TV Collection (BD)** (pre-order 10/22)**[/quote]

I got the “We’re working on it” e-mail today for that (though I got the DVD). Most likely will get it next week.

I cancelled my big Dec. order and reordered them seperating them into 2 orders and added Abnormal to my Jan. order.

DEC.

● Girls und Panzer Complete TV Series (BD) (pre-order 12/3)
● Humanity Has Declined Complete Collection (BD) (pre-order 12/24)
● Kokoro Connect OVA Complete Collection (BD) (pre-order 12/10)
● Say, “I Love You” Complete Collection (BD) (pre-order 12/24)
● The Pet Girl of Sakurasou Collection 01 (BD) (pre-order 12/17)

JAN.

● Medaka Box Abnormal Complete Collection (BD) (pre-order 1/21)

Received from Amazon Prime on Monday 10/7/13 :

Hidamari Sketch X Hoshimittsu

Currently lost in transit by DHL from Deep Discount DVD via Amazon Afilliate :

Hidamari Sketch 365

Note to self, stick with Amazon or RightStuf even if it costs a bit more.

Mark Gosdin

Well, it’s not really Deep Discount’s fault that DHL is incompetent. I had them lose an Amazon order three times because they kept telling me that my address didn’t exist. I called them to give directions, but they told me I had to call before 6am because they have way to communicate with their trucks once they leave their distribution center. They are literally the worst shipping company ever.

I had a international order from Germany come DHL a while back and a around the same time a DHL order from within the US shipped. I got the international order two weeks before the US order. DHL tracking on both was useless. Not sure why more places don’t just go the Fedex smart post or UPS equivalent route. It’s not to badly priced though not sure how they price it cheaper then going full USPS.

I’ve had uniformly bad experiences with DHL.

Starting in the 90’s when they delivered laptops I’d ordered for my company to a very bad address in a worse neighborhood. ( Those machines became bottles of ripple or something stronger almost immediately. )

The best they did was deliver a package to the wrong address here in our subdivision, then their customer service refused to do anything about it, at least I was able to go and pick the package up a couple of days later. DHL stopped doing home deliveries shortly after that.

Now they are doing the joint USPS thing which they still seem to be fouling up.

I’m going to do a RightStuff order from the Sentai sale this week, so it should have a better outcome.

Mark Gosdin

Man, the first anime I ordered from Amazon (IS Blu Ray) was sent via FedEx Smart Post, but it never left the general area of the east coast.

May 6, 2012: Amazon dropped it off at FedEx in Maine.
May 10: Next update, it went to DICKINSON CENTER, NY
May 11: FedEx gave up, gave it to Post Office in JERSEY CITY, NJ
May 12: Post Office got to the local place pure Post Office deliveries goes when jumping to my area.
(Sunday, nothing happens, DUH!)
May 14, 2012, appears in my mail box.

(Fun Fact: RightStuf orders, when it get to the local place, it’s normally early enough that it gets to my mailbox that day.)

Where as a shirt I got from Woot that was sent the same week:

May 9: Woot drops off at FedEx in DALLAS, TX, it leaves the next day
May 11: Enter and leaves NEW BERLIN, WI, then arrives in MI
May 12: FedEx drops it off at local post office, appears in my mailbox that day.

Ordered today:

Golgo 13 Complete Collection

Shipped today

Kokoro Connect TV DVD Complete Collection (Really RightStuf? Now you send it?)
Highschool of the Dead OVA: Drifters of the Dead DVD

[size=16]The Big Sale at Deep Discount![/size]

Deep Discount is having their “Big Sale” again. Use the coupon code “BigSale” when checking out, and save 25% off all eligible titles. The sale includes all Section 23 releases, including preorders, from Sentai, Maiden Japan, Switchblade, ADV, and AeSir. It seems that all the titles also qualify for free shipping. The coupon code is good through November 18th.

Most half season bluray sets (bilingual) are around $34-36. The DVD sets are anywhere from $25-32, depending on the title and when they were releases. Several of Sentai’s movies are as low as $16, with some DVDs as low as $11.

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm/fuseaction/search.results?Ntk=primary&Ntt=section+23&N=0

Ordered today:

Medaka Box Complete Collection

Looks like this is showing as Reserved.

Their cover art for Horizon II BD uses the “not final” artwork Threw me for a sec. Their art is superior to the final one IMO.

On order from RightStuf :

Coicent / Five Numbers DVD (Hyb)
Garden of Words, The Blu-ray (Hyb)
Listen To Me, Girls. I Am Your Father

Another bit of catching up before I dive into the more recent titles.

Mark Gosdin

This shipped out yesterday.

This showed up yesterday.

RightStuf shipped Btooom BD for me yesterday.

These are all showing Reserved.

DEC.

● Girls und Panzer Complete TV Series (BD) (pre-order 12/3)
● Humanity Has Declined Complete Collection (BD) (pre-order 12/24)
● The Pet Girl of Sakurasou Collection 01 (BD) (pre-order 12/17)