Basilisk / Basilisk - Kōga Ninpō Chō

Basilisk / Basilisk - Kōga Ninpō Chō

Genres: action, drama, romance, supernatural
Themes: historical, ninja, revenge, star-crossed love, tragedy
Objectionable content: Intense
Plot Summary: The year is 1614 AD. Two warring ninja clans, each supporting a son of Hidetada Tokugawa as the next shogun, send ten representatives each to fight to the death for the possession of a scroll. The prize: the annihilation of the other and the staunch support of the Tokugawa government for the winning clan for the next thousand years.
Number of episodes: 24
Vintage: 2005-04-12 to 2005-09-20

ANN Info Page

Basilisk: The Ouka Ninja Scrolls / Basilisk: Ōka Ninpōchō

Genres: action, romance
Themes: historical, ninja
Plot Summary: The battle for succession that continued for three generations of shogun in the Keichō era culminated in a gruesome battle of ninja arts between the Kōga and Iga clans. Amidst a rain of flower petals, a man and woman who had decided to live for love were separated once again. However, it is said that by the hand of Hattori Hanzo’s adopted son, Kyōhachirō, these two lovers were given life again and left two mementos behind. These children, born with a destiny of their own, were called Hachirō Kōga and Hibiki Iga. The former had eyes like his father’s, and the latter had eyes like her mother’s. It is now the Kan’ei era, and the land is at peace. As ninjas begin to disappear into the shadows after being deemed unnecessary, The Kouga and Iga clans ask a favor of Hachirō and Hibiki in hopes of reinforcing their foundations.
Number of Episodes: 24
Vintage: 2018-01-08

ANN Info Page

Basilisk is starting up again tomorrow night (Tuesday) on IFC.

I really enjoyed this anime the first time I saw it, and I think I’ll be watching it again this time.

So many unusual characters and little plot twists; and with only one episode a week, it’s a bit hard to keep track of, but somehow I’ll manage it! :wink:

I really enjoyed watching this series the first time around on IFC, as well. I liked it so much that I picked it up when Best Buy was having their 50% off sale. Of course, my sister got hold of it and I haven’t seen that set since…:unsure:…I think I need to give her a phone call. :angry:

Although I am grateful for the shows that IFC has offered us so far, I can’t help but wish that there saw something new lined up on this channel in the near future.

At any rate, I will be watching Basilisk again and enjoying every minute of it! :laugh:

Gunslinger Girl just ended, so I wonder if this is the next thing that will pop up on IFC VOD.
If it does pop up on VOD, I’ll definitely be watching this, as I have not seen it yet, and since it’s ninja related, it’s certianly perked my interest.

I was wondering when IFC would play more anime. I know Basilisk’s not new but I’ve never seen it. Think I’ll give it a whirl. Just having a hard time keeping track of why the two clans are fighting.

That looks really familiar where have i seen it before.

It was on IFC before - last year, I believe.

Don’t think that’s it I saw it a long time ago anyway long time no see slowhand.

Nice to have you back, Flowering!

They have made several movie adaptations on this theme also.

Yeah then again samurai type anime’s are a dime a dozen it could have been something else.

They have indeed.
Especially in the 80s when the ninja boom was in full swing.

Oh yeah when every show had ninja’s

Shinobi-Heart Under Blade was a pretty good adaption which comes to mind.

Not a bad show, ending’s not for everyone though. IFC had Gunslinger Girl on again? Since Hell Girl (Tuesday and Friday) and Witchblade (2nd run on Tuesday late night) ended I can’t find anything in their schedule. Or is it their VOD? I don’t seem to get that.

Watching this for the third time round. It just doesn’t get old. And the love story is really touching.

Ending kind of Gainaxes you, though.

Always like a good cry after a good story.

Screening Event Celebrates 10th Anniversary of “Basilisk” Anime

May 02, 2015 7:10pm PDT
Screening and talk planned for September 19th at Yokohama’s Brillia Shortshorts Theater Café with currently TBA guests and character goods

Basilisk - Complete Series - Blu-ray/DVD Combo - Anime Classics - Coming Soon!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1RSOJq5yo0

Basilisk - Complete Series - Anime Classic - Available Now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOYUT_LsPLA

Ninja Clans Wage War in “Basilisk” TV Anime

July 19, 2017 8:20am CDT
New chapter continues the story of Masaki Segawa’s “Basilisk - The Kouga Ninja Scrolls” manga

Crunchyroll Adds Basilisk Anime

posted on 2017-08-18 14:30 EDT

Basilisk Sequel Anime’s Cast, Staff, January Premiere Revealed

posted on 2017-10-13 03:00 EDT
Tasuku Hatanaka, Inori Minase, more star in anime by Seven Arcs Pictures, ViVid Strike!'s Junji Nishimura