Beyond the Boundary / Kyōkai no Kanata

Beyond the Boundary / Kyōkai no Kanata

Genres: adventure, comedy, drama, fantasy, psychological, romance
Themes: beast, immortality, monster hunting, monsters, shapeshifting, urban fantasy
Objectionable content: Significant
Number of episodes: 12
Vintage: 2013-10-02 to 2013-12-18

Plot Summary: The last surviving member of her clan, Mirai Kuriyama is cursed with the terrifying ability to control and manipulate blood. Akihito Kanbara being half human and half youmo has made him immortal and doomed to a life alone. Alone their future seems bleak, but when a chance encounter brings them together, it becomes clear that they share more than just an unexpected bond. Beyond the world that we know, in a realm where nightmares are real and legends walk, their future awaits BEYOND THE BOUNDARY.

Beyond the Boundary info on ANN
Beyond the Boundary Official JP Homepage

Gekijō-ban Kyōkai no Kanata -I’ll Be Here- Mirai-hen (movie) (Vintage: 2015-04-25)
Kyōkai no Kanata: Idol Saiban! - Mayoi Nagara mo Kimi o Sabaku Tami (ONA) (Vintage: 2013-11-18)

Sentai Filmworks Press Release

[size=16]Kyoto Animation: Kyōkai no Kanata Anime Is in the Works[/size]
posted on 2013-04-03 05:37 EDT
Nagomu Torii’s dark fantasy light novel earned honorable mention in studio’s 2011 awards

[size=16]Kyoto Animation Outlines Kyōkai no Kanata TV Anime[/size]
posted on 2013-08-05 09:00 EDT
Characters, staff, October debut for anime based on Nagomu Torii’s dark fantasy light novels

[size=16]Kyōkai no Kanata TV Anime’s 1st Promo Video Reveals Cast, Musicians[/size]
posted on 2013-08-10 03:25 EDT
Risa Taneda, KENN, Minori Chihara, Tatsuhisa Suzuki in Kyoto Animation’s dark fantasy

[size=16]Kyoto Animation Posts Kyōkai no Kanata’s 2nd Promo & Ad[/size]
posted on 2013-09-04 13:10 EDT
Yuri Yamaoka, Naomi Shindoh, Akeno Watanabe, Moe Toyota, Masaya Matsukaze, Ayako Kawasumi join October dark fantasy’s cast

[size=16]Kyōkai no Kanata’s 3rd Ad by Kyoto Animation Aired[/size]
posted on 2013-09-08 18:00 EDT
Dark fantasy to premiere on October 2

[size=19]Watch Beyond the Boundary on CrunchyRoll[/size]

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-10-01/crunchyroll-to-stream-fantasy-anime-beyond-the-boundary

Crunchyroll to Stream Fantasy Anime Beyond the Boundary

posted on 2013-10-01 18:00 EDT

Kyoto Animation’s latest TV anime to premiere on October 2

Video service Crunchyroll announced on Tuesday that it will stream Kyoto Animation’s Beyond the Boundary (Kyōkai no Kanata) television anime series. The streaming will be available in North America starting on October 2 at 12:30 p.m. EDT.

The dark fantasy follows a high school second-year student named Akihito Kanbara (KENN). Although the boy appears human, he is half Yōmu and invulnerable to wounds because he can heal quickly. One day, Akihito meets first-year student Mirai Kuriyama (Risa Taneda) when it seems she is about to jump from the school rooftop. Mirai is isolated because of her ability to manipulate blood, which is unique even among the Under World Warriors. Disturbing events begin to unfold after Akihito saves Mirai.

Taichi Ishidate (episodes of Clannad After Story, Hyōka, K-ON) is directing the anime at Kyoto Animation, and Jukki Hanada (Gakuen Alice, Chūnibyō demo Koi ga Shitai!, Steins;Gate) is in charge of the series scripts. Miku Kadowaki (The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya, K-ON! movie animation director) is designing the characters.

Minori Chihara is not only part of the voice cast, but she is also singing the opening theme song, “Kyōkai no Kanata.” Hikaru Nanase (Infinite Stratos, Zone of the Enders, Scrapped Princess, Polyphonica, Galaxy Angel) is scoring the music.

Nagomu Torii’s original Kyōkai no Kanata light novel received an honorable mention in the novel category of the Kyoto Animation Award program in 2011. The studio released the first volume last year, and the second volume shipped in April.

North America only stream. Gee, I wonder who they are sub-licensing this from

It’s a TBS anime, and now on CR…
Is there really any doubt, considering who has every TBS anime on CR currently.

[quote=“The Coffee God”]

It’s a TBS anime, and now on CR…
Is there really any doubt, considering who has every TBS anime on CR currently.[/quote]
That and factoring in that it’s a KyoAni title, it’s pretty much a given it’s a Sentai show. I’m just curious how long until they officially announce it.

[quote=“dragonrider_cody”]
I’m just curious how long until they officially announce it.[/quote]

Yeah, they seem to be running slightly behind this season, since they haven’t announced anything yet.
This starts tomorrow (today technically) and IS2 (probably TBS) & Outbreak Company the next day.
So I’m wondering if they’ll start announcing stuff next week, after most of their assumed guarantees (PB3, Refrain, the TBS titles) have started.

Just read an ANN preview for this series and have thus been informed that this show is skewed towards the BL side of things.

Which makes it a)even less surprising than it already was that Sentai licensed it (they’re snatching up those sort of titles) & b) a show that I’m probably not going to have even the slightest interest in.

Sad Face.

One instance of one-sided BL in 2 episodes does not make a series skewed in that direction.

[quote=“The Coffee God”]

One instance of one-sided BL in 2 episodes does not make a series skewed in that direction.[/quote]
I hope so, but I’m pretty darn leery. If that sort of content is in a show it’s semi-tolerable (ie: something I roll my eyes at and ignore) as long as it doesn’t become the show, by which I mean that the show throws its plot on the backburner and jumps on the BL express train to mediocrity.

After semi-recent Sentai shows like Number 6 which did just that I’m pretty leery.

[size=16]ANN Anime Spotlight: Beyond the Boundary[/size]
Oct 12, 2013

Eps. 01 & 02

Man, I’m loving this series!
The mixture between comedic & action moments is just perfect for me.

[size=19]COMING TO ANIME NETWORK IN NOVEMBER![/size]

[size=19]Watch Beyond the Boundary on Anime Network Online[/size]

[size=19]STARTING[/size]

[size=19]November 2nd @ 7:00 PM EST / 4:00 PM PST[/size]

EP. 04

Man KyoAni does some rather awesome action sequence animation!

Though the Hollow Shadow fight seemed rather anti-climatic.
Akihito’s half youmu side seemed more powerful than the Hollow Shadow.
Also, I wonder what Izumi is going to do with the Hollow Shadow’s crystal.

[url=http://www.theanimenetwork.com/Anime/Beyond-the-Boundary/Carmine/Watch]![](upload://gDu9HCcw3ypyxc7z8fs5F82iizk.jpeg)[/url] [b]Episode 01 is now LIVE![/b]
[url=http://www.theanimenetwork.com/Anime/Beyond-the-Boundary/Ultramarine/Watch]![](upload://gDu9HCcw3ypyxc7z8fs5F82iizk.jpeg)[/url] [b]Episode 02 is now LIVE![/b]

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-11-12/kyoto-animation-beyond-the-boundary-gets-web-anime-shorts

Kyoto Animation’s Beyond the Boundary Gets Web Anime Shorts

posted on 2013-11-12 11:25 EST

1st of 3 Idol Trial shorts has Ai & 3 “angels” judging Akihito

The official website for Kyoto Animation’s Beyond the Boundary (Kyōkai no Kanata) anime announced on Tuesday that it will stream new animated shorts starting on November 18. There are three Kyōkai no Kanata Idol Saiban! ~Mayoi Nagaramo Kimi o Sabaku-min (Beyond the Boundary Idol Trial! Those Who Judge You Even While Lost) shorts scheduled.

As long as evil is rampant in this world, four “angels” will judge your sins. The first case will be against the defendant Akihito, the “ultimate Meganest,” for a charge to be revealed in the short. Presiding Judge Ai Shindō and the other judges will be drawn as cute super-deformed characters in this parallel world story.

The dark fantasy story of the main Beyond the Boundary anime follows a high school second-year student named Akihito Kanbara (KENN). Although the boy appears human, he is half Yōmu and invulnerable to wounds because he can heal quickly. One day, Akihito meets first-year student Mirai Kuriyama (Risa Taneda) when it seems she is about to jump from the school rooftop. Mirai is isolated because of her ability to manipulate blood, which is unique even among the Under World Warriors. Disturbing events begin to unfold after Akihito saves Mirai.

Taichi Ishidate (episodes of Clannad After Story, Hyōka, K-ON) is directing the anime at Kyoto Animation, and Jukki Hanada (Gakuen Alice, Chūnibyō demo Koi ga Shitai!, Steins;Gate) is in charge of the series scripts. Miku Kadowaki (The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya, K-ON! movie animation director) is designing the characters.

The anime premiered in Japan last month, and Crunchyroll is streaming the anime into several countries as it airs. Sentai Filmworks also announced last month that it licensed the anime for North America.

Nagomu Torii’s original Kyōkai no Kanata light novel received an honorable mention in the novel category of the Kyoto Animation Award program in 2011. The studio released the first volume last year, and the second volume shipped in April.

[url=http://www.theanimenetwork.com/Anime/Beyond-the-Boundary/Moonlight-Purple/Watch]![](upload://gDu9HCcw3ypyxc7z8fs5F82iizk.jpeg)[/url] [b]Episode 03 is now LIVE![/b]

[size=16]Kyoto Animation Streams 1st Beyond the Boundary: Idol Trial Short[/size]
posted on 2013-11-18 10:35 EST
Girls transform into idols to give verdict to Akihito on the charge of being “gross.”