Busou Shinki

Busou Shinki

Genres: action, comedy, science fiction, slice of life
Themes: fanservice, female androids, living toys, moe
Objectionable content: Mild
Plot Summary: High school freshman Rihito, who just came back from abroad, started a new life in Japan with his four Busou Shinki, female action figures with weapons.
Number of Episodes: 13
Vintage: 2012-10-04

ANN Info Page

Sentai Filmworks PR

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

SENTAI FILMWORKS LICENSES “BUSOU SHINKI”

HOUSTON, September 29, 2012 — Juggling four girls at once is never easy, even when they’re as small as the “goddesses” in Sentai Filmworks newest acquisition: Busou Shinki. Directed by Yasuhito Kikuchi (Infinite Stratos, Jo Jo’s Bizarre Adventures OVA) with series composition by Masahiro Yokotani (Sgt. Frog, Maria Holic) and character designs by Ryouma Ebata and Takahiro Kishida (BTOOOM!, Arjuna).

Some guys wait their entire life to meet the girl of their dreams, but high school freshman Rihito is already living with FOUR of them! And, even more incredibly, they’re (almost) always ready and willing to help him with whatever difficult task their “Master” needs to be handled. So, how did Rihito get to be so lucky? Well, to tell the truth, while Hinna, Anne, Ines and Rene may not be exactly high maintenance, Rihito DOES have to make sure that they get lubricated regularly and have their batteries recharged in a cradle. But that’s because they’re Shinki: tiny, 6-inch high, customizable androids that are now being sold all over the world. And don’t let their tiny size fool you. These little ladies have more than full-size intelligence and emotions, and since each one would prefer to be Rihito’s favorite, there’s sure to be a little mechanical friction! Get ready for sparks to fly as four battery powered princesses take charge of Rihito’s world in BUSOU SHINKI!

Busou Shinki will be available soon through select digital outlets with a home video release to follow in 2013.

About Sentai Filmworks:
Sentai Filmworks is one of the fastest-growing anime companies in North America, producing hit series like High School of the Dead, Towanoquon, Samurai Girls, Guin Saga, Needless and Angel Beats as well as high profile theatrical films such as Grave of the Fireflies and Appleseed. Sentai Filmworks’ programs can be found on home video distributed by Ingram Entertainment, Baker & Taylor, Section23Films, The Right Stuf and other good and fine distributors. Digital product offerings may be found at iTunes, Hulu, Netflix, Amazon, Zune Marketplace, Anime Network, Playstation Network, Google Play and YouTube.

Anime Network PR

For Immediate Release

Busou Shinki coming soon to Anime Network Online[/size]

HOUSTON, TX — Oct. 2, 2012 — Anime Network is pleased to announce the upcoming online release: Busou Shinki. Directed by Yasuhito Kikuchi (Infinite Stratos, Jo Jo’s Bizarre Adventures OVA) with series composition by Masahiro Yokotani (Sgt. Frog, Maria Holic) and character designs by Ryouma Ebata and Takahiro Kishida (BTOOOM!, Arjuna), the series follows four miniature androids on their full-sized adventures!

ABOUT THE SERIES
Some guys wait their entire lives to meet the girl of their dreams, but Rihito already lives with four dream girls who are eager to please him. So, how did Rihito get so lucky? To tell the truth, while Hinna, Anne, Ines and Rene are not textbook high maintenance, Rihito has to make sure that they are lubricated regularly and have their batteries recharged. But that’s because they’re Shinki: 6-inch high, customizable androids. Don’t let their tiny size fool you. These little ladies have full-sized intelligence and emotions, and since each one would prefer to be Rihito’s favorite, there’s sure to be friction! Get ready for sparks to fly as four battery powered princesses take charge of Rihito’s world in Busou Shinki!

Language: Japanese w/ English Subtitles
Rated: TV-14
Schedule: Coming Soon

Episode 1 will be available to watch for free.
Episodes 2 - 12 will require a Premium Subscription.

ABOUT ANIME NETWORK
Anime Network is a leading broadcast and digital distributor of Japanese animation and Asian cinema in North America. Headquartered in Houston, Texas, Anime Network was founded in 2002 and launched as one of the first VOD networks on most major cable providers. Anime Network’s mission is to bring the best in anime programming to every household in North America. In addition to our VOD network, consumers can access our Online Streaming Service on our official website. This dynamic website, featuring an ever growing anime community, includes a subscription service that mirrors the VOD network and allows viewers to catch up on episodes they may have missed on broadcast.

Anime Network PR

Per PR:

For Immediate Release

Busou Shinki Coming to Anime Network Online this Week

HOUSTON, TX — October 19, 2012 — Anime Network is pleased to announce the upcoming online release of Busou Shinki this week on Anime Network Online.

SCHEDULE

Busou Shinki
The first 3 episodes of the series will be available at the following times:

Episode 1 - Saturday October 20, 2012 @ 10:55 AM CDT
Episode 2 - Sunday October 21, 2012 @ 10:55 AM CDT
Episode 3 - Monday October 22, 2012 @ 10:55 AM CDT
…episodes 4 and onwards will air on Mondays at 10:55 AM Central

ABOUT THE SHOW
Some guys wait their entire lives to meet the girl of their dreams, but Rihito already lives with four dream girls who are eager to please him. That’s because they’re Shinki: 6-inch high, customizable androids. Don’t let their tiny size fool you. These little ladies have full-sized intelligence and emotions, and since each one would prefer to be Rihito’s favorite, there’s sure to be friction! Get ready for sparks to fly as four battery powered princesses take charge of Rihito’s world in Busou Shinki!

ABOUT ANIME NETWORK
Celebrating its 10th year, Anime Network is a leading broadcast and digital distributor of Japanese animation and Asian cinema in North America. Headquartered in Houston, Texas, Anime Network was founded in 2002 and launched as one of the first VOD networks on most major cable providers. Anime Network’s mission is to bring the best in anime programming to every household in North America. In addition to our VOD network, consumers can access our Online Streaming Service on our official website. This dynamic website, featuring an ever growing anime community, includes a subscription service that mirrors the VOD network and allows viewers to catch up on episodes they may have missed on broadcast.

Sentai Filmworks Adds Busou Shinki Anime of Female Action Figures

September 29, 2012

Konami’s Busou Shinki Action Figures Get TV Anime

posted on 2012-05-24 13:43 EDT
Armed female figures animated by IS/Macross F director Yasuhito Kikuchi, 8-Bit

The Anime Network to Stream Chūnibyō Demo Koi ga Shitai!, Busou Shinki Anime

posted on 2012-10-02 16:47 EDT

Any idea when the stream for this is starting? This is the only place that will be airing it and lots of us Shinki fans are curious if it will be a true simulcast with TBS or if it’ll be linked to a different station.

All we have to go on right now is the Press Release above that states “Coming Soon”. I’m sure as soon as the details are finalized, AN will be issuing a statement with the dates.

Thanks for your patience.

I can’t wait for Busou Shinki to be released. I’m not going to throw a temper tantrum if its sub-only but if all possible can we at least get a blu-ray release? same goes for So I can’t play H.

For adding this anime to be simulcast list, I am now a Premium Subscriber for three months.

Episode 01 is live on ANO

Episode 02 is live on ANO

Episode 03 is live on ANO

There was one line that I wonder if it was an accident that it turned out to be an innuendo in English.

Which ep?

Episode 3

What was the line? You’ve piqued my curiosity. ^^

Well… no, the line sounds like something out of some hentai type thing out of context, so… I’m going to let someone deal with it.

Really? :ohmy: I don’t remember anything like that… It must have gone over my head, not that I’m complaining.

Is that it? I didn’t see anything else.

Yea, that’s the one.

Ah, okay. Yeah, that does sound a little naughty, huh? ^_^;

Episode 04 is live on ANO

Ep. 04

This is turning out a bit like a mixture between Hand Maid May & Angelic Layer, with a little Infinate Stratos thrown in for good measure.
Currently, it’s most like Hand Maid May though, only not as good.

That’s not to say it’s bad per say, merely feels rather generic.

Its still my second favorite anime of the season behind Sword Art Online.