Claim Your Bishoujo/Bishounen!: The Sequel!

12/8/2023 9:30 AM ET/6:36 AM PT

The Claim Your Bishoujo/Bishounen! Early Alert System has been activated!

I have an important announcement to make. Tonight’s round, Round 700, will be the final round of the Claim Your Bishoujo/Bishounen! game. At 8:59 PM ET/6:59 PM PT on Friday, December 15th, the thread will be locked and the game will end.

I have many reasons for taking this action but the biggest one is that, at age 70, I have found myself busier than I have been in many years, with a full time job, volunteering at church, and other positions I have taken on. Plus, with upwards of close to a thousand claims for the longest running players, the lists have become too unwieldy.

If someone wants to recreate the game, as I did way back when after Mystic ended his version of the game, they are welcome to do so, but after long deliberation, I decided the best thing for this iteration of CYBB is to bring it to a conclusion.

To mark the occasion, the final round of CYBB may be the biggest one yet! The rules for this week’s special event are simple. It’s BOGO: buy one, get one free. That’s right, you get two characters per pick. “So what?” you say? For the final seven days of the game, you can pick two characters PER DAY. That 14 characters in total. Don’t forget the released characters from players who left the game!All other rules remain the same. You can save all of your picks for one big dump on Friday but remember, once the round is over, the game is over!

With that, let the choices begin! (At 9:00 PMET/6:00 PM PT, that is!)

We now return you to your regular Anime Network forum…

We have decided to continue the Claim Your Bishoujo/Bishounen! Game once again with each current player getting to keep their picks.

The Rules:

1.)You may claim only one character per round, unless noted otherwise. You may intermix male and female characters in your claim-that is, you are not limited to choosing only male or only female characters. Characters who change gender throughout their respective series can only be chosen once and will count as only one character.

2.) The character you claim must be an anime/manga/light novel/visual novel character. As VTuber characters are avatars for real people, vice fictional characters, they cannot be picked as CYBB claims. If they are claimed, they must be removed before the next round so that a replacement claim can be made. If they are not removed, the round will be considered forfeited.

3.) You cannot claim a character another forum member has already claimed. No exceptions.

4.) A new round will begin every Friday at 9:00 PM ET/6:00 PM PT until the thread dies. Each round will last for one week, ending the next Friday at 8:59 PM ET/5:59 PM PT. Since I’m not home on Friday until about 10:00 PM ET/7:00 PM PT, I will be lenient with the time, so if you’re off by a few minutes, I’ll more than likely count your pick.

5.) When claiming a character, the following information needs to be in your post: (1) the current round number (either in the subject or body), (2) the name of your character, and (3) the anime, manga, or light/visual novel your character is from.

6.) As participation is key to keeping the game going, and abandonment of the game while locking up characters and preventing others from claiming them is not fair to the other players, all players are required to participate in at least one round in ten to remain active players. Any player who has gone more than 10 weeks without choosing a character will be PMed by me as to their status. They then have two weeks from that tenth round to declare their status in the game as either returning or withdrawing. If returning, they have until the end of the 12 week to participate in the current round for that week. If withdrawing, they will release all their characters. If neither status has been declared by the end of the 12th week, that player will be considered to have withdrawn.

7.) Your characters are yours to do with (almost) whatever you want. If you want to give a character of yours to someone else and take a replacement claim or trade a character of yours for a character someone else has, that is OK. You may only do one of the two options and may do only one gift/trade per player per round. Any character to be traded or gifted must have been in the giver’s possession for at least one round (I.E, a round 142 pick cannot be traded until round 143.) However, you cannot give an unclaimed character to another or release a character unless it is part of a special round and it is in the rules for that round. If you release a claim, then you must wait one week before you can reclaim them.

8.) All rules are subject to modification or suspension from time to time.

9.) For any dispute, the decision of the judge is final. By the way, I AM the judge!

10.) As this forum is accessible by members of all ages, from 6/26/2020 “hentai” characters are not eligible for claiming.

11.) To prevent confusion in the listing of titles for series, all series must be listed by their English title first, with Japanese titles optional. If no English title is available, then, of course, this rule does not apply. If dual titles are used, the series must be listed by both titles in the Series list.

The following are the lists for all picks by series and by player:

New Links at GitHub
Player List: CYBB Player List
Series List: CYBB Series List

If you want to review the old Claim Your Bishoujo/Bishounen!-the Reboot thread, go The Claim Your Bishoujo/Bishounen! - The Reboot
If you want to revisit the original Claim Your Bishoujo/Bishounen! game started by Mystic, go Claim Your Bishoujo/Bishounen!

[size=6]Claim Your Bishoujo/Bishounen!: The Sequel!
BOGO SALE!
[/size]

Yes, what’s a Grand Re-Opening without a sale! This week only, for our Grand Re-opening, post Memorial Day, unofficial start of Summer Sale, You may select a second bishie at no extra cost!* The free extra bishie must be picked after 9:00 PM ET/6:00 PM PT on Monday, June 4th. If you haven’t made a claim before then, you may put them both on the same post.

[size=1](*All free extra bishie sales are final. No refunds, exchanges or swaps allowed. Limit one per customer. You will need to pay an additional handling and delivery fee. Taxes, food and lodging are the responsibility of the purchaser. Clothing optional.)[/size]

I interrupt your claiming for the following important message:
Anyone who has already claimed a character for round 107, don’t re-post it here, I’ve already made note of it.

Also, In case anyone missed it in the previous thread, I would like to restate this:
The following players were requested to make a claim by the end of round 106 at 8:59pm ET, and failed to do so. In accordance with the rules, I am declaring that they have withdrawn from the Claim Your Bishoujo/Bishounen game by way of inactivity. Their characters are released and are available for choosing as of 9:00pm ET, June 1st.
-FromTheDarkness
-Gatchaman4ever
-MrBoomba
-Outlander
-Rei4Shinji

That is all…

Round 107

Madoka Ayukawa from Kimagure Orange Road

Indulge me. I can’t actually see the page where I claimed in the other thread, so I’m redoing it here.

ROUND 107
Haqua du Lot Herminium - The World God Only Knows

Yes, but the point was that I can see it, and that I know what you claimed…

[quote=“Hornet65” post=117754]Yes, but the point was that I can see it, and that I know what you claimed…

Yes, it is all about you after all. :wink:

[quote=“PretearHimeno” post=117755]

[quote=“Hornet65” post=117754]Yes, but the point was that I can see it, and that I know what you claimed…

[spoiler]http://i.imgur.com/zx6XI.jpg[/quote]

[/spoiler]

Yes, it is all about you after all. ;)[/quote]

If that’s how you want to interpret it, sure. But what I’m trying to get at here, is that whether or not you can see it, I can see it, so I can be sure your claim is counted and put on the lists.

Also, I wanted to add another pic and fix a grammatical error. Couldn’t edit the first post.

Children, please settle down. It’s just a game after all. Don’t make me wake the Slowhand. :wink:

1 Like

…I’ll allow it. I mean, if it was for the grammar, then yes. There’s lots of things that bother the hell out of me for no reason, and one of those is grammar, so I can see the need for that.

[quote=“PretearHimeno” post=117738]Indulge me. I can’t actually see the page where I claimed in the other thread, so I’m redoing it here.

ROUND 107
Haqua du Lot Herminium - The World God Only Knows

[/quote]

I’ll allow it… THIS time. If, however… I may have to talk to Shak privately… :evil:

Oh, and forgive my assistant, Agent65… he sometimes is a bit hyper-vigilant.

LIES! I’m not vigilant at all!

[details=maybe a little]http://i.imgur.com/mMSJu.jpg
look at that adorable little tiny tiger[/details]

Uh… knock yourself out. >.>;;

Round 107

[size=6]Takai Kiryu[/size]
[size=4]Starship Operators[/size]

Also, why don’t colors work when I post? I’ve tried the codes. I’ve tried just the color name. But I always get black, no matter what.

Have you tried the color selector next to the font size button? That’s what I usually use, and it works.
Could you be putting a space between color, =, and the code? I’ve done that before. It has to be color=#123456, I always used to make it color = #123456

[quote=“dragonrider_cody” post=117810]Round 107

[size=6]Takai Kiryu[/size]
[size=4]Starship Operators[/size]

Also, why don’t colors work when I post? I’ve tried the codes. I’ve tried just the color name. But I always get black, no matter what.[/quote]

The color code always has to be the one closest to the text, Cody.

I remember when I had that problem, then was like “Ohhh you put the color code BEFORE you bold it”. Weird.

Holy cowbells, Batman! A new thread!

I have a request: Can we see a list of who FromTheDarkness, Gatchaman4ever, MrBoomba, outlander and Shinji4Rei claimed before they were taken out of the game? Maybe Agent65 has one since he claimed Taiga immediately after he made the announcement. ¬_¬

In any case, Agent65’s claim of Taiga reminded me that MrBoomba had my Minorin (well, she’s mine now!). Lucky for me, I came here before the grand re-opening sale began. Hopefully [strike]Agent65[/strike] no one planned to claim her this or next week. :wink:

[size=5]Round 107a[/size]

Character: Minori Kushieda
Series: Toradora!

Man, MrBoomba’s list is getting raped this round.