Dog & Scissors / Inu to Hasami wa Tsukaiyō

Complete Collection Cover/Disc Art

DVD

Yeah that’s so much better than the NOT FINAL art. Very nice. :slight_smile:

Wait, there’s NO special features?

Whoa you’re right I completely missed that. Very unusual. I like my Sentai trailers. Maybe they’re still there?

Q. Any possibility of a Dog & Scissors Blu-ray?

A. yes soon. #NotakonSentaipanel2014

So I saw ep 1. It was alright, but it was one of those absurd shows that seems good in premise but is missing something in execution, like devil is a part timer. Though I’d say that this subbed was greater than that show dubbed so if Sentai plays its cards right this one could be a winner.

Would calling this one “Read and Die” have been too cheesy? :slight_smile:

BTW, prior posts in this thread are all kinds of broken on these new forums.

1 Like

It’s not just this thread, it’s all pre-Discourse threads.

If there are more threads on here with broken spoiler tags then that could be brutal :frowning:

While I’m still thinking that Blake Shepard is the odds-on fav for the dog I’m not so sure about that, just as I’m not so sure about SCB playing “Robin Masters” in this.

You can really notice @TheCoffeeGod 's odd habit of putting that [ url ] [ /url ] at the bottom of every post now. :smile:

English Dub Upgrade Offer!

Complete Collection Cover/Disc Art

DVD

Blu-ray

Official “Dog & Scissors” English Dub Voice Cast

12/3/2014 5:28:56 PM

Available January 6, 2015

Preorder TODAY!
Blu-ray: http://bit.ly/WaoWaoBD
DVD: http://bit.ly/WaoWaoDVD

About Dog & Scissors
Harumi Kazuhito could spend days at a time with his head buried in his beloved books, and little would make him happier than perusing the pages of his favorite author. Unfortunately, when Harumi gets himself killed he inexplicably finds himself reincarnated as a dog… which might not be so bad if he could read, or his new owner didn’t have the unfortunate twin predilections of playing with scissors and tormenting her new pet!

But what truly makes this strange reincarnation the worst of all possible worlds is that she’s also his favorite author! The horror! Can Harumi find a way to live with this tantrum-throwing typist, or will her crazed clippings prove to be his undoing? Can he escape her constant hounding via the doggy door, or is he barking up the wrong tree? There’s a rough, rough time ahead as canine compulsive readers and literary she-wolves get snippy with each other when doggies do what they gotta do!

Director - Emily Neves

English Vocal Cast
Kazuhito Harumi - Blake Shepard
Natsuno Kirihime - Jessica Calvello
Suzuna - Joanne Bonasso
Toji - John Gremillion
Maxi Akizuki - Brittney Karbowski
Yayoi Honda - Monica Rial
Afro Gomez - Chris Hutchison
Sumitani - Julia Traber
Genji - John Swasey
Sarai - Luci Christian
Sakura Honda - Nancy Novotny
Sachi Moribe - Carli Mosier
Madoka Harumi - Juliet Simmons
Munakata - David Wald
Fumio Honda - John Swasey
Hami - Luci Christian
Macho - Leraldo Anzaldua
Daimon - David Wald
Himehagi Momiji - Emily Neves

The crazy dominatrix-ish character who looks like she could be the long-lost sister of Akame and Kurome? That’s surprising. H

I thought that Calvello would get this role but Bonasso sounds like a pretty cool casting.

Who?? She’s the one who stands out in this list of “the usual suspects” :wink:

To the surprise of no one. Tis his lot in life as an anime actor lol.

Will it appear here before one of my anime bros (or me, though I’m always last on the RS shipping list lol) gets it? Don’t want to miss the boat, even on a more niche title like this.

Episodes 1-12 (Dub) are live at ANO

well mysterious girlfriend X was pretty original.this show just goes in circles

Books, Reincarnation, and Sexy Authors: A Case for Dog & Scissors

May 23, 2018 10:00am CDT
Sadistic authors and masochistic editors are the most normal element of this 2013 light-novel-to-TV-anime-adaptation

Dog & Scissors Official Trailer

I saw this pop up on Funimation today. I think Sentai lost the license at some point.

2 Likes

Had to be recently as I believe they were still selling the blu-ray earlier this year.

Was just thinking it’s due for a rerelease ,but guess the license lapsed and Funimation took the opportunity to get it. I doubt they will give it disc release and are just using it for content.

3 Likes

Funimation Licenses Dog & Scissors Anime

posted on 2022-01-11 11:15 EST by Adriana Hazra
Sentai Filmworks previously held license to 2013 series