Dream Eater Merry / Yumekui Merry

Dream Eater Merry / Yumekui Merry

Genres: action, comedy
Themes: dreams
Objectionable content: Significant
Plot Summary: Ten years ago Fujiwara noticed he had a power to see multicolored auras surrounding the person’s body. Ever since then he’s been having a weird dream about a war with cats. Then one day a mysterious girl falls on top of him…
Number of episodes: 13
Vintage: 2011-01-06 to 2011-04-07

Dream Eater Merry info on ANN
Dream Eater Merry Official JP Website

I saw the 4th PV for this, which actually looked kind of cool.
A bit late on this, but I kinda hope someone picks this up, though not necessarily for simulcast (since it already started).

Sentai Filmworks to Dub Dream Eater Merry for Blu-ray

posted on 2011-11-27 13:05 EST
J.C. Staff’s action fantasy TV anime premiered in Japan in January

Per PR:

Sentai Filmworks Announces Dream Eater Merry

HOUSTON, February 13, 2011 — Sentai Filmworks today announced its acquisition of DREAM EATER MERRY, the latest hit anime series from animation powerhouse J.C. STAFF (‘Excel Saga’, ‘Azumanga Daioh’, ‘Revolutionary Girl Utena’) Based on the hit manga by Ushiki Yoshitaka, directed by Shigeyasu Yamauchi (‘Street Fighter Alpha’, ‘Boys Over Flowers’) using scripts and story compositions by Hideki Shirane and character designs by Masahiro Fuji (both ‘Hayate the Combat Butler’) the 12 episode DREAM EATER MERRY series rolls out the unique premise of a boy with the ability to predict dreams who becomes the focus of the ambitions of a unique race of demons who use dreams to access our world!

Sometimes daydreaming can get you into trouble, but what do you do when it’s OTHER people’s dreams that you have to watch out for? For the last 10 years Yumeji Fujiwara’s life has been getting progressively stranger, beginning with suddenly gaining the ability to predict what kind of dreams other people will have! Then his own dreams took a bizarre turn in which he was being pursued by armies of cats! Now, however, the weird-o-meter has just maxed out: Not only has Yumeji learned that the leader of the dream cats needs Yumeji’s body to access the real world, but a beautiful girl suddenly drops on top of him and announces that she’s a Dream Demon who needs to return to HER world! There are a lot of sleepless nights ahead, as Yumeji has to deal with the dream stalking, a dream walking and the little bitty problem of the fabric separating reality and fantasy being torn to shreds in DREAM EATER MERRY!

About Sentai Filmworks:
Sentai Filmworks is one of the fastest-growing anime companies in North America, including hit series like ‘Clannad’, ‘Highschool of the Dead’, ‘Samurai Girls’ and hit movies like ‘Appleseed’. Sentai Filmworks programs can be found on home video distributed by Ingram Entertainment, Baker & Taylor, Section23Films, The Right Stuf and other fine distributors. Digital product offerings may be found at iTunes, Netflix, Amazon, Zune Marketplace, Anime Network, PLAYSTATION Network and YouTube.

You probably should have added this to the Yumekui Merry thread and moved the thread to this section.

http://www.theanimenetwork.com/component/option,com_kunena/Itemid,65/catid,7/func,view/id,72313/

Hmmm… that promo video does look pretty good. I’m a little more intrigued by this show. I wonder if they may end up doing something like Maid-sama and have a delayed simul-cast.

Surprised Funimation did not overbid on this at the last moment like they’ve been known to do. Not a lot to chose from now a days so them doing that now a days is kind of low. Glad Sentai got something else new. Though some good does come out not much coming out now . They license older stuff that did not get the chance it deserved when it was originally out.

I was really hoping for a simulcast on this when I saw it had been licensed, but I guess not. I guess my next hope is that we will get a delayed-cast like Maid-Sama had.

Considering ep. 09 airs in a couple days, chances of a delayed cast seem slim since it’s only a 12 ep. series, and not a 26 ep. series like Maid-sama was.

Though there might be a chance of it popping up not long after it finishes airing.

I’d be happy with that outcome as well.

Please excuse the double post but if I just edited at thins point the topic would remain pages into the forum and I doubt anyone would read it…

So, anyone seen how some of these episodes are up for purchase or rental on Amazon’s VOD, but the episode releases were all screwy, starting with I think ep 5,6 & 7 being available, and then adding previous episodes…they are down to ep 2 now. So I head over to itunes thinking I can purchase there as well because the video quality would be better (like I did with Canaan) but it’s not there.

(We don’t consider it double posting if there’s more than a day between posts.)

There are listings on what anime/episodes are available on each services/devices Anime Network on Devices

It doesn’t appear in that list though. I just thought it was strange since I had not heard any announcement about Yumekui Merry streaming (for rental or purchase) anywhere (Here, on ANN, etc…), and I just happen to be going through what Amazon had and it was on there, but only episodes 2-7 as of right now. Also for the shows listed on the page with the link provided in the previous post the “Network” is listed as Anime Network in their description on Amazon, but for Yumekui Merry it is listed as “A-Net Digital LLC.” This leads me to think that while Sentai Licensed the series for distribution, the digital distribution rights are held by someone else?

That’s entirely possible, I don’t have that information at this exact moment, but perhaps tomorrow during the day, someone will be able to answer it for you.

A-Net Digital is a digital content aggregation company.

Anime Network works with them for our content aggregation needs for iTunes, Amazon, Playstation, the Anime Network iOS App and so on… but they also have other clients, Sentai included.

In addition to digital video services for electronic sell-through, they have other services like producing eBooks and digital Manga for the Apple App Store, iBooks, Kindle and Google Books. We’ve promoted some of them on our site:
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/mythical-detective-loki-ragnarok/id406243805?mt=8

At present, Anime Network did not pick up the license to Dream Eater Merry, so all releases are going through Sentai and their partner distributors.

Since the June newsletter was sent out a few days ago, I figured I’d mention it.

Looks like this is going to be airing sometime this Summer, but only on VOD (at least for the moment).
Much like how Ghost Sweeper Mikami is currently.

Coming to VOD on - 7/14

Finished up ep. 01

It’s been awhile since I watched the PV for this, but I remembered liking it.

Now I remember why…
I really liked this first episode, just actiony/strange enough to grab my complete attention.

I actually had to go to the store last night to get donuts after watching ep. 02.
I’m just too damn suggestible.

I like this too. Apparently I like just about every anime I watch on here. This, Angel Beats, Alison & Lilica, Night Raid 1931. Too much anime. Is there such a thing as too much anime? :cheer:

Never!