Grimgar, Ashes & Illusion / Hai to Gensō no Grimgar

[size=16]Grimgar of Fantasy and Ash’s 4th Episode Anime Music Video Streamed[/size]
posted on 2016-02-01 06:30 EST
Insert song “rainy tone” ships with ending single on February 17

[size=16]Grimgar of Fantasy and Ash’s ‘Episode 2.5’ Video Previews Bath Scene[/size]
posted on 2016-02-05 22:45 EST
TV anime’s 1st BD/DVD release ships with OVA on March 16

See I have problems with the IGN Anime Club, because they all come from similar backgrounds so it’s a case of herd mentality and they all like the same things, it seems.

They liked and recommended Gringar, but while I agree that it’s pretty and beautifully animated, they have not sold me on why I should even care about these characters at all, because the show hasn’t spent enough time developing them . They also telegraphed the event in Ep. 4 so it didn’t really have the emotional impact it should have, because again they haven’t developed the characters enough.

1 Like

I can agree with the herd mentality of IGN as I saw some of that during the Rokka reviews.

I’m also in the same boat about the characters in Grimgar. TBH, when they weren’t in their battle getup I had difficulty telling the White Mage apart from the Thief (who doesn’t seem to actually steal anything).

[size=16]Grimgar of Fantasy and Ash English Broadcast Dub Cast Revealed[/size]
posted on 2016-02-10 16:16 EST

Grimgar of Fantasy and Ash - Broadcast Dub Preview

I guess Manato was melodramatic in the Japanese too.

IMO Funi needed to take a different course with Ranta as Hiroyuki Yoshino’s performance in the Japanese left some really big shoes to fill.

1 Like

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2016/02/14/video-grimgar-of-fantasy-and-ash-yume-shihoru-merry-character-song-previews
February 14, 2016 11:50pm CST
Three CD singles will be released on March 16

Dubbletalk Episode 49 - Grimgar of Fantasy and Ash

It’s weird hearing the Funi folk discuss episode 1, with no knowledge of the newer eps, when we’re on episode 6 now.

[details=Grimgar of Fantasy and Ash - Episode 6]
Great episode. We finally got some backstory on Mary and have a better understanding why she comes off so frigid and distant. To think they lost 1 member, she watched 3 die in front of her because she ran out of magic. She used to be happy adventurer, conquering everything like it was a cakewalk and healing her team even if only a scratch but unbeknownst to Mary, that would be her undoing because when Mary needed her magic meter the most in a tough battle, she had nothing to give when her teammates were clinging to life and ultimately died.

I’ll be interested to see if the team approaches Mary in a new light after being told the events of her tragic past and, in its proper place, perhaps show leniency towards her.[/details]

Man, this show is definitely being a downer, “lugubrious” comes to mind.

Except for Ranta and the drunk bit character, no one else is any fun. The new gal seemed like she might be an (IMO) much needed second strong, fun character based on how she goes at it with Ranta (to reference Patlabor, the Kanuka to his Ota) but it seems that she’s just another Broken Bird.

IMO, “thief” should be “assassin”. Six episodes in and he hasn’t stolen anything yet :wink:

I wonder if the thief thing was a mistranslation?

I couldn’t say. I know that the lack of actual thievery sure sticks out like a sore thumb after watching KonoSuba right before Grimgar though. :smiley:

2 Likes
**If you've been watching, you might get a kick out of this.** 😄

Caution to those who haven’t.

2 Likes

lol.

Being the best character ain’t easy :wink:

1 Like

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2016/02/18-1/video-goblins-dance-for-grimgar-of-fantasy-and-ash-op-song-mv
February 18, 2016 4:55am CST
"Knew day" CD single ranks 25th on the daily chart

Grimgar of Fantasy and Ash - Goblin Warfare

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2016/02/22-1/3rd-main-visual-new-mvs-for-grimgar-of-fantasy-and-ash-posted
February 22, 2016 8:50am CST
Special event " -Grimgar, Live and Act-" will be held on June 19

Dubbletalk Episode 50 - Grimgar of Fantasy and Ash