Grimgar, Ashes & Illusion / Hai to Gensō no Grimgar

Grimgar, Ashes & Illusion / Hai to Gensō no Grimgar

Genres: adventure, drama, fantasy
Themes: fighting, quests, survival game, virtual reality
Objectionable content: Significant
Number of Episodes: 12
Vintage: 2016-01-10
Plot Summary: When Haruhito awakens, he’s in the dark. He doesn’t know where he is, why is he here, and where he came from. Around him there are several men and women who have the same circumstances. Haruhito and his companions find themselves in a “game-like world” called Grimgar and must form a party, cooperate, and learn new skills to survive the harsh environment together.

ANN Info Page

###Grimgar of Fantasy and Ash Light Novels Get TV Anime in January
posted on 2015-10-16 08:31 EDT
Ryosuke Nakamura directs, writes show at A-1 Pictures

Grimgar of Fantasy and Ash: PV

###Grimgar of Fantasy and Ash Anime Reveals Cast, Character Designs
posted on 2015-11-04 15:10 EST

[size=16]Grimgar of Fantasy and Ash Anime Reveals Additional Cast[/size]
posted on 2015-11-25 02:30 EST
Tomokazu Seki, Daisuke Namikawa, Hiroki Yasumoto, Mamiko Noto join cast of January anime

[size=16]Grimgar of Fantasy and Ash’s 2nd Video, Songs, Debut Date, Visual Posted[/size]
posted on 2015-12-02 14:55 EST
Toho Animation Records form (K) NoW_NAME project for anime’s songs

[size=16]Funimation to Stream Grimgar of Fantasy & Ash With Dub[/size]
posted on 2015-12-22 00:25 EST

[size=16]Grimgar of Fantasy and Ash Anime Music Video Features Insert Song[/size]
posted on 2016-01-10 01:00 EST
Fantasy series featuring music by (K)NoW_NAME premieres on Sunday

Wow that was the slowest first episode of a trapped in an RPG world, I’ve seen.

Problem is that the Log Horizon Junior group (Minori, Toya, Rudy, Isuzu & Serara) are more interesting than these guys are.

They are a weak party and logically they should fall apart when it gets really bad. The one dude is a Thief yet Barbara didn’t show him how to make money any other way than fighting monsters? The one girl trained to be a hunter and she’s useless, I mean as a hunter and a Thief the 2 of them have the best survival skills in the group but she doesn’t hunt non mobs to save on the groups food bill?

If this show is going to be a cliched coming together story count me out (I’ll still give it a few more episodes) because Log Horizon did it better, please prove me wrong Grimgar.

Grimgar of Fantasy and Ash - OP theme “Knew day” by (K)NoW_NAME TV CM 30 sec

Grimgar of Fantasy and Ash - Blu-ray & DVD Vol.1 TV CM 30sec

Grimgar of Fantasy and Ash - ED theme “Harvest” (K)NoW_NAME TV CM 30sec

Ep. 2 this show is horrendously slow

Half the episode of them just walking around town with an insert song playing…

[details=Episode 2]Goblins are supposed to be the simplest enemies to combat and this turns into a bloodbath as they struggle to kill ONE. :open_mouth:

I’m also certain my patience would wear thin with Ranta’s perviness.
[/details]

I liked that this “Help, I’m trapped in a video game!” genre show didn’t have the characters be ultra-skilled (Kirito, Log Horizon) and was completely devoid of obvious “it’s a game!” references (no mention of DnD-type stats).

Ranta was by far the best character. Not only was he the only one who had the guts to do the job, and the only one whose name was said enough over the 2 eps for me to remember it, but he’s voiced by the exceptional voice actor Hiroyuki Yoshino, whose performance as the lead in Rage of Bahamut: Genesis pushed that show to the next level of awesomeness :smiley:

[size=16]Grimgar of Fantasy and Ash Anime’s 1st Volume Contains OVA Episode[/size]
posted on 2016-01-18 00:30 EST
Anime listed with 12 episodes; music videos with (K)NoW_NAME songs also streamed

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2016/01/18-1/video-grimgar-of-fantasy-and-ash-2nd-episode-insert-song-mvs
January 18, 2016 3:10am CST
1st DVD/Blu-ray with a 10-minute OVA episode will be released on March 16

Grimgar of Fantasy and Ash - Official Clip - The Weakest Party

Discussing the New RPG Anime Grimgar of Fantasy and Ash - IGN Anime Club

The IGNers claim they hate Ranta, but he was the only character who was singled out for mention in the podcast so he served his purpose.

Maybe it’s because all the reviewers hadn’t seen Episode 2 but after hearing them chide the show for its fanservice, I’m surprised they didn’t find the “love triangle” scene in ep 2 to be an issue.

[size=16]Grimgar of Fantasy and Ash’s 3rd Episode Anime Music Video Streamed[/size]
posted on 2016-01-25 05:15 EST
Blu-ray Disc/DVD commercial, special event ad also streamed