HIDIVE Press Releases - June 2017 / present

Per PR:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

“My Instant Death Ability Is Overpowered” Takes Fans on Otherworldly School Trip This Winter on HIDIVE

North American Premiere Screening at Anime NYC 2023 on November 17

Download Key Art Here

HOUSTON, TXOctober 12, 2023 — An exciting new isekai anime adaptation is headed to HIDIVE next season. The popular streaming service HIDIVE revealed today that the new fantasy adventure TV show My Instant Death Ability Is Overpowered (full title My Instant Death Ability Is So Overpowered, No One in This Other World Stands a Chance Against Me!) will be joining its upcoming Winter 2024 season line-up as an exclusive simulcast series. My Instant Death Ability Is Overpowered is based on the popular isekai novel written originally by Tsuyoshi Fujitaka and illustrated by Chisato Naruse, and the manga serialization by Hanamaru Nanto. This is the newest title in the slate of anime TV series acquired as part of Sentai Filmworks’ (Sentai) multi-year agreement with Mainichi Broadcasting System (MBS) that was announced earlier this year. HIDIVE will host the North American premiere of My Instant Death Ability Is Overpowered Episode 1 on November 17 at Anime NYC in New York City.

“We’re excited to bring My Instant Death Ability Is Overpowered to fans as an exclusive simulcast series during our upcoming Winter 2024 season,” said John Ledford, President of HIDIVE. “This is just the latest example of the high-quality anime content we acquired from MBS and we look forward to announcing additional titles in the future as part of Sentai’s multi-year agreement.”

Awaking to absolute chaos and carnage while on a school trip, Yogiri Takatou discovers that everyone in his class has been transported to another world! He had somehow managed to sleep through the entire ordeal himself, missing out on the Gift — powers bestowed upon the others by a mysterious Sage who appeared to transport them. Even worse, he and another classmate were ruthlessly abandoned by their friends, left as bait to distract a nearby dragon. Although not terribly bothered by the thought of dying, he reluctantly decides to protect his lone companion. After all, a lowly Level 1000 monster doesn’t stand a chance against his secret power to invoke Instant Death with a single thought! If he can stay awake long enough to bother using it, that is… (source: J-Novel Club)

My Instant Death Ability Is Overpowered is adapted from the current Earth Star Comics series by Hanmaru Nanto, which is based on the original 2016 web novel and subsequent light novel series written by Tsuyoshi Fujitaka and illustrated by Chisato Naruse. The manga currently totals nine volumes and is available in English from J-Novel Club (digital) and Yen Press (print).

The anime adaptation is directed by Masakazu Hishida, written by Yuzuru Aoba, and produced by Okuruto Noboru Inc.

About HIDIVE

HIDIVE, the newest addition to AMC Network’s portfolio of targeted streaming services, offers the best in anime and live-action entertainment to both die-hard otaku and burgeoning fans of Japanese pop-culture. In addition to its extensive library of movies and episodic series, each season HIDIVE brings a new selection of the latest titles from Japan in both simulcast and exclusive DUBCAST™ editions – all of which can be viewed on a wide array of platforms including web browsers, smartphones, TVs, streaming devices, and gaming consoles. For more information on HIDIVE or to sign-up for a free 7-day trial, visit www.hidive.com.

3 Likes