Jurassic Park / Jurassic World

Dunno, she was gaga for Chris Pratt :wink:

On raptors though, Iā€™ve been slowly rewatching the Jurassic Park trilogy in prep for Jurassic World 2. I donā€™t quite get how the JW raptors jibe with the JP raptors?

ā€¦also, maybe I was too hasty when I thought that Jurassic World 1 was the worst of the franchise.

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Roars to Life With $150 Million Opening

June 24, 2018

Fallen Kingdom Director Fills Jurassic World with Empathy and Suspense

June 24, 2018

I saw Fallen Kingdom recently. It was fine, IMO better than the first Jurassic World. Tentatively Iā€™d put it above The Lost World as well.

Iā€™d heard rumors that Chris Pratt had ā€œphoned inā€ his performance but it seemed fine to me, a solid performance from one of the few leading men in Hollywood nowadays.

My biggest complaint was the way that it was filmed. JW:FK was designed to be seen in 3D, and when a movie like that is seen in 2D, everything that is designed to ā€œpopā€ in 3D just winds up having an odd ā€œwaxyā€ sheen & looking surreal, like itā€™s not part of the scene.

So JW:FK must be a real spectacle in 3D because most everything had that sheen to it, including the animatronics.

IMO, the character motivations in Jurassic World donā€™t make as much sense as they did in the Original Trilogy. The motivations are better in FK than in JW, but itā€™s not like even Jurassic Park 3 where why everyone did what they did made senseā€¦ā€œCommando Raptorsā€ still has me :face_with_raised_eyebrow: :roll_eyes: :rofl:

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Remains #1 with $60 Million Haul

July 1, 2018

Jurassic World 3 Director Welcomes Idea of Laura Dern, Sam Neill Return to Series

July 1, 2018

Iā€™d like to see Robert Peck return to the series (he definitely lived in JP1), but unfortunately he bought the farm in '99. Iā€™d settle for Wayne ā€œNewmanā€ Knight returning though, heā€™s the most iconic character of the franchise.

I dunno about Laura Dern. I recently rewatched the original film (not the same as when I was a kid) and all I can see when I see Dernā€™s character is Admiral Holdo. Besides, the boat probably sailed on that one as she, being married to a State Department official, couldā€™ve been slotted into the more-political Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom alongside Goldblum.

Sam Neill could be cool though, he could give Chris Pratt someone to tag-team with.

1 Like

An excellent idea.

Scene, a dig site has hastily been abandoned as Blue the Raptor invaded the camp.

Dr. Grant is standing paralyzed as one of his worst nightmares is standing mere feet away ā€¦ purring at him.

Owen pulls up on a motorcycle.

Owen : ā€œBlue, what do you think you are doing?ā€

Blue : RRRRR!

Grant : ā€œUh, is this yours?ā€

Owen, walks up to Blue and begins rubbing her head.

Blue : (Very Loud) PURRRRR!

Owen : ā€œNo, she belongs to herself. She seems curious about you though.ā€

Grant : ā€œI canā€™t imagine why.ā€ (Nervous Smile)

Blue, inches closer to Grant.

Owen : ā€œIā€™m going to suggest something crazy, please hear me out. I want you to pet her like I did.ā€

Grant : ā€œI was afraid of that.ā€

Blue is now only a handā€™s breadth from Grant, he smiles a hopeless smile and reaches out to touch the Raptor on itā€™s head between itā€™s eyes.

Blue : prrrrr.

Grant rubs the Raptorā€™s head more calmly.

Blue : PURRRRRR!

Blue rubs Grantā€™s chest with her head. Grant is stunned.

Owen : ā€œSee, she likes YOU.ā€

1 Like

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Hides Some ET Easter Eggs

July 2, 2018

This reminds me of Infinity War Part 1: As I sat through the credits, I saw a ā€œthank you noteā€ for allowing an Arrested Development reference to be made. I didnā€™t remember seeing an Arrested Development cameo, and Iā€™d just seen the film. So to the cloud I went, and learned that thereā€™s a ā€œblink and youā€™ll miss itā€ scene featuring a certain blue never-nude in a capsule.

As Blue looks out across a canyon as a possible set-up of a third Jurassic World, the neighborhood is the same one from E.T. ā€” albeit several decades later.

I definitely didnā€™t recognize that.

ā€¦The Joker once said that if you have to explain a joke, there is no joke. Likewise, it seems to me that if your Easter Egg is so buried that you have to tell people exactly where (and what) it isā€¦ :wink:

Maybe homages should be a bit more obvious, find a happy medium between ā€œhidden & obscureā€ and ā€œReady Player Oneā€ :rofl:

Mark Gosdin

2 Likes

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Passes $1 Billion Worldwide

July 6, 2018

Two-Part ā€˜LEGO Jurassic World: The Secret Exhibitā€™ Roars to NBC Nov. 29

November 8, 2018

DreamWorks ā€˜Jurassic World: Camp Cretaceousā€™ Roars to Netflix in 2020

June 4, 2019

Sneak Peek: Something Big Is Coming in ā€˜LEGO Jurassic World: The Secret Exhibitā€™!

August 14, 2019

ā€œLEGO Jurassic World: Legend of Isla Nublarā€ Miniseries Premieres September 7 on Nickelodeon

Wednesday, August 21, 2019

LEGO Jurassic World :t_rex: Official Trailer [HD]

LEGO Jurassic World :t_rex: Official Trailer #2 [HD] Brand NEW Series

2020-02-20T00:51:00Z

2020-02-25T20:13:00Z

1 Like

Jurassic World Dominion - Official Trailer [HD]

1 Like

Head 'em up! Move 'em out!

Rollinā€™ Rollinā€™ Rollinā€™ Keep them Dinos rollinā€™, Rawhide!

Mark Gosdin

1 Like