Made in Abyss

Keep in mind that the Anime toned down the skeevy stuff quite a bit. What little I’ve seen of the manga it is skeeve on steroids. I expect that the BAM will eventually shrink wrap and lock-box the manga.

Mark Gosdin

1 Like

Thanks for the heads-up. Watching the show left me with the looming suspicion that Chris Hansen was going to burst in at any moment , so I’ll give the manga a wide berth.

Sounds plausible.

Oh, looks like I skipped a number in my questions lol. So on that…

What's up with the apparent lack of :

Paths in the abyss? We’re shown that there are elevator(s) into the abyss, learning that they go at least through the 6th Level in the final ep, so I thought that there might not be paths because they’d be unnecessary due to the elevators but yet we see that there are people on the 4th Level who do not seem to be using the elevators?

Maybe there might be a path and the characters aren’t using it because they want to avoid the authorities, but the method that the protagonists take to go from Ozen’s rest stop to the 4th level seems pretty impossible to climb back up, so how are ascending people like the guy that Reg rescues from “Orby” going to get back up?

It might seem weird to mention it here lol, but one big positive in the construction of the series that stood out to me was how it seemed to have the characters address many of the questions that it knew the viewer would have.

Why Made in Abyss Should ABSOLUTELY Win Anime of the Year

February 09, 2018 2:00pm CST
One of the most intriguing anime this year which deserves to win the 2017 Anime Awards!

1 Like

It was alright, but animu of the year? Dunno about that.

Made in Abyss Wins Big at Crunchyroll’s Anime Awards

posted on 2018-02-25 01:03 EST by Lynzee Loveridge

Made in Abyss Anime Gets 2 Compilation Films in Winter

posted on 2018-03-18 21:03 EDT by Rafael Antonio Pineda
13-episode series premiered last July, with sequel underway

Made in Abyss Compilation Films’ Teaser Visual Revealed

posted on 2018-03-24 20:44 EDT by Karen Ressler

The Secrets Behind the Award Winning Soundtrack of “Made in Abyss”

May 10, 2018 5:40pm EDT
Composer Kevin Penkin shares which classical musician he wants to fight most and more!

HIDIVE Announcement for US/Canada Streaming

July 3, 2018

HIDIVE Adds Made in Abyss Anime in U.S., Canada

posted on 2018-07-03 12:00 EDT by Jennifer Sherman

Made in Abyss English Dub Stars Announced

posted on 2018-07-05 14:58 EDT by Lynzee Loveridge
Made in Abyss dub to stream on HIDIVE

• Luci Christian as Reg
  • Brittany Lauda as Riko

MADE IN ABYSS Official English Cast List

7/5/2018 3:09:16 PM

Premium Box Set | Complete Collection

No one knows what’s at the bottom of the Abyss. No one who’s ventured that far has ever returned. What is known is that the Abyss is filled with strange creatures and priceless relics that have lured generations of fortune hunters into a diabolical trap. Because while anyone can descend into the Abyss safely, coming back up triggers a nightmarish series of transformations and madness. And the deeper you go, the less chance you have of coming back unchanged. But when 12-year-old Riko receives a message that her missing mother might still be alive deep in the Abyss, she knows she has to go to her. She must go even if it’s a one-way trip for her and her robot friend Reg as they brave the ultimate darkness in MADE IN ABYSS.

Director: Kyle Colby Jones

Official English Cast:
Riko - Brittany Lauda
Reg - Luci Christian
Nanachi - Brittney Karbowski
Mitty - Monica Rial
Nat - Shannon Emerick
Shiggy - Terri Doty
Jiruo - Daniel Regojo
Kiyui - Kalin Coats
Habolg - John Swasey
Ozen - Christine Auten
Marulk - Kelley Peters
Lyza - Shelley Calene-Black
Bondrewd - David Harbold

Also with
Allison Sumrall
Julie Oliver-Touchstone
James Belcher
Lisa Villegas

Please explain to me how MIA which has a later release than Princess Principal gets it’s cast announcement First (Must be because of the Hidive Stream lol)

Sounds appropriate, and it’s good to see the ADV “Old Guard” still in the business.

I suppose KCJ is also old-school ADV too, but I’d like to see more Matt Greenfield direction.

MADE IN ABYSS Official Cast Reveal

Made In Abyss, Ep 1, is live at HIDIVE

Made in Abyss Compilation Films Reveal Visual, January Premieres

posted on 2018-07-26 11:45 EDT by Jennifer Sherman
1st film debuts on January 4, followed by 2nd on January 18

Made in Abyss HIDIVE Action Trailer

Announced at Wonder Con, (Riko & Reg Nendos)

1 Like

Made In Abyss, Ep 2, is live at HIDIVE