Mezzo

Mezzo / Mezzo DSA

Genres: action, comedy, mystery, science fiction
Themes: crime fighting, girls with guns
Objectionable content: Significant
Plot Summary: Mikura, Kurokawa, and Harada are the 3 members of the Danger Service Agency (DSA). Mikaru is the brawns of the group, Harada is the brains, and Kurokawa is just a bitter ex-cop that likes to think he’s in charge. They’ll take on any job as long as it involves lots of danger and, of course, money. If you want to live long enough to eat dinner, you better not cross them. Their biggest case, however, could prove to be finding out why someone wants Kurokawa assasinated.
Number of episodes: 13
Vintage: 2004-01-04 to 2004-03-28

ANN Info Page

Mezzo Forte (OVA)

I saw this series a while back, when it was on VOD. I enjoyed it very much. There is a good balance of humor and action - a little something for everyone. Very good!
:slight_smile:

1 Like

Recently rewatched it bout 2 months ago and I have to say, still enjoyed it as I did the first time I watched it years ago. That and the original movie Mezzo Forte. Oh la la…

Yeah I need to rewatch this again too it was good the first time around!

I saw the first few episodes when I rented disc 1, but I still have yet to watch the rest. Grabbed the 2nd thinpack when it came out last year, so I think I may have to move it up my list. The episodes I did see were a blast.

Ah I love this show. I first saw an episode or two on VOD, but mostly forgot about it. When I watched it on the online player last year, I found it to be a really fun show! It got me interested in Umetsu (the director), and now I am a hige fan of Kite, Kite:Liberator, and Mezzo Forte, as well as this. I bought the recent thinpack release of this series after I watched most of it online.

And the dub is great too. Andy McAvin is amazing in this! Haha! Just thinking about him makes me laugh. He sure fit that character. Luci Christian was great as the lead, although I think I may have liked Melissa Fahn as Mikura a little better. Both play the role great however. Sasha Paysinger as Asami was great too. Loved that voice she gave her, made her seem soo cute.

Overall I found this series to be incredbly fun. It’s a exiting, thrilling high octane ride. Much like Black Lagoon in a way. Sure some episodes in the middle are a little disappointing, but it’s worth it for the amazing hollywood ending!

so i was wondering if anytime in the future if they were planning on continuing this show? http://www.theanimenetwork.com/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/shot.jpg

Are you referring to the VOD showings or to the anime in general?

If you mean a second season, then probably no. It’s been 6-7 years since the first season. Of course never say never, since it’s been know to happen that a series gets a new season years after the previous. Take for example Ikki Tousen, Inuyasha, or…crap it’s right on the tip of my tongue.

ummmm…

Again, never say never, but most likely in the case of Mezzo DSA, even though I’d personally would love a new season, I’m gonna have to say

NO!!!

anime. yyeah thats what i figured. hopefully someday though they will.

Yeah. this is an older anime.
i liked Mezzo. it was pretty cool.

ANd i thought there was a movie about Mezzo too.

There’s an OAV…

Mezzo Forte

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=332

1 Like

Mezzo DSA Complete Collection Cover/Disc Art

DVD

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/81AiDjly%2B7L.SY550.jpg

1 Like

SoftCel Pictures License Announcement for Mezzo Forte in November 2017 Slate

July 25, 2017

whaaaaaaaaaatttt?..

no dub or Blu-ray.

not even a new dub…just to be consistent with the tv series…:smirk:

SoftCel is a bit new, so they may not have the resources to produce a dub even if they wanted to. And if there was already a dub made, it could have been lost due to time.

Blu-ray might be either because SoftCel is new and don’t have the resources to secure those rights, or the masters are too crappy to bother with Blu-ray at this time.

Mezzo Forte Cover Art (NSFW)

DVD

1 Like
1 Like