Kamisama Dolls

Kamisama Dolls

Watch on HIDIVE

Genres: action, comedy, drama, psychological, romance, science fiction, supernatural
Themes: Atonement, Gods, Living Dolls, Revenge, Tragic Past
Objectionable content: Intense
Plot Summary: Kyouhei Kuga is a young man who has left his small hometown to escape from its anachronistic rules and traditions. He wants to try a new life in Tokyo as a simple university student. In the past he was a seki, title given to individuals who are able to control the mysterious kakashis. Considered as gods in the small Karakami village, the kakashi are ancient wooden wonders able to perform incredible feats. The escape of a seki from the provincial town abruptly brings to Tokyo a handful of other seki who are searching for him. Despite being so far away, Kyouhei is still haunted by the old laws and hatred between the two main families, the Kuga and the Hyuga.
Number of episodes: 13
Vintage: 2011-07-05 to 2011-09-27

ANN Info Page

DVD/BD Cover/Disc Art

Kamisama Dolls (OAV) Vintage: 2011-09-21 to 2012-02-22

1 Like

I’m probably going to at least try this one, since it’s going to be on CR and the 2 PVs for it are sooo drastically different from eachother.
One being like a cute comedy ( girls side )
The other one being much darker ( story side )

1 Like

Fans Vote on What to Put in Kamisama Dolls Video Extras

posted on 2011-07-06 05:30 EDT
Top 3 winning ideas to be made as 1-minute videos for final BD/DVD volumes

1 Like

I’m going to make a point of actually trying to watch at least an episode of everything that’s going to be simulcast, so I’ll watch at least the first episode.

1 Like

Finished up ep. 01

Not too bad of a start. I’m not sure what I was expecting, but that wasn’t it.
I’m definitely going to be sticking with this one though, to see how it plays out.

1 Like

Finished up ep. 02

And here’s where they start pointing to that darker, much more sinister and mysterious underlaying plot that I was expecting from the PV.

That was a rather nice episode actually with a couple of interesting twists along the way.

1 Like

Seen the first 2 episodes.

You know for some reason I really like these characters, they all seem a bit more complex than I expected when this started and I look forward to seeing how it goes.

I loved it in the trailer and I loved it in episode 2.

Training to control the god by making it play video games is actually quite clever.

1 Like

I have enjoyed the series so far.

1 Like

Finished up ep. 03

Wow, that was pretty damn awesome!
It actually had a really nice mix of comedy cuteness and sociopathic violence.

This series is a surprise series and definitely one of the better ones of the ones I’m watching this season.
I’m looking forward to finding out about the dark backstory that they keep hinting at.

1 Like

I’m glad the show didn’t go super-serious, but I thought the comedy in this episode, specifically Kuuko and her assistant, felt a bit forced here.

1 Like

Yeah the whole Kuuko part of the storyline just seems a little out of place in the overall scheme of things the way it’s playing out.

But the Utao parts are just so damn cute and funny!

1 Like

Dude.

I’m actually liking this show a lot more than I thought I was going to. I can’t wait to see more of Kuuko, I like her character. In fact, I like them all, except I don’t like how Utao is jealous. Oh well - can’t have it all.

1 Like

I’m surprised so many people are surprised this show is good. It comes from Brains Base the company behind, Kamichu, Baccano, Durarara, season 2 of Spice and Wolf, Dororon Enma Kun Mera Mera, and Princess Jellyfish.

1 Like

I caught up! I like this one -

and I like the little songs that play for each of the dolls.
Kuuko seems a bit off the deep end to me. Especially with what she said about the paranormal world and being sick of the real world. But yes, she is pretty vicious in going about getting what she wants! It will be interesting to see how she ends up.
And Utao has a twin no one knew about! It looks like he may be an evil twin too.

1 Like

-lol-
What’s amusing about that is…

Did any one else but me notice that Utao’s Kakashi song is almost the same exact tune (or at least extremely similar) as Voices from the Macross Plus OST.
[video type=youtube]M6cUG04RrC8[/video]

1 Like

No, but now that you mention it… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Finished up ep. 05

All kinds of interesting things happened this episode.
And a little backstory to go with it.

Poor Utao!
Kukuri lost an arm and she just went ballistic over it.

1 Like

Episode 5 -

Kukuri’s song changed! I wonder if that was somehow Kyohei’s doing. And I also wonder who is going to end up with Amaterasu. Maybe Kyohei?

1 Like

Finished up ep. 06

Kind of a laid-back episode…

Though we did get to learn about the making of the Kakashi.
Also, looks like next episode we’ll get the backstory to find out about this Sensei that Aki mentioned in a previous episode.

1 Like

Finished up ep. 07

Well now, that was rather depressing.

In this episode, we find out the backstory of that ‘horrible’ situation that led up to why Kyohei stopped being a Seki.
Along with the backstory on the Sensei Aki mentioned in a previous episode, and her issues.
And Aki’s story and what lead up to his imprisonment.

All in all, a very depressing tale of being at the wrong place at the wrong time.

1 Like