Mobile Police Patlabor (Series / OVAS / Movies)

Patlabor: The Movie (Dub) is live at ANO

Patlabor 2: The Movie (Dub) is live at ANO

Mobile Police Patlabor WXIII Movie (Dub) is live at ANO

When I saw this, I thought that the show was coming back. I’m glad to see that it is. I do hope that the cheesy extras with the original dub cast will be included. I pray that this is not re-released in a stack-pack. Those things need to be recycled into packaging that doesn’t suck.

Come to think, this is an old show with old-school hand-drawn cel animation, so when are we getting the remastered blu-ray? :wink:

The original OVAs, this (and the movies) and the sequel OVA series (completely dubbed, of course) all restored & re-released on blu-ray: the fan’s dream.

Yay! Now I won’t have to hunt down for the old CPM dvds. So buying this with the Patlabor OVA. :cheer:

It will be in 4 sets, released every other month.

Hopefully that goes well. I’ve been reminded that Sentai had a similar plan for Golgo 13 and that had some hiccups. Though Golgo 13 was a 50 episode series released in 4 installments (any news on a consolidated set?) without the use of the stack pack so there’s hope right there. Even if bureaucracy, scheduling & natural disaster should again conspire to make this 4-volume release ultimately take 2 years to complete I am tempted to say that it’d be worth it if it spared me the frustration of the stack pack. B)

Golgo 13 has nothing to do with Patlabor. They licensed the first half of the series and released that without issue. It was sometime later that they licensed the second half and the materials were held up the tsunami in Japan. Sentai had no initial plans for the second half release, because they hadn’t licensed it yet. Sentai didn’t license entire four cour, or longer, series back then.

Since they’ve already announced it will start release in July, they should already have the masters. Their releases are generally planned out several months in advance, with the solicitations sent out two to three months ahead of time.

Well I’ll be buying this, as it makes it to market, voting with my dollar & keeping my fingers crossed that they are motivated to bring out a fully-dubbed version of the sequel OVAs.

If a miracle happens and Matt Greenfield (et al) can swing a remastered blu-ray, so much the better.

But it is getting a BD release. Weather they’re remastered or not, that’s up to the Japanese side not our’s. Don’t want another Dragonball incident or Record of Lodoss War, we’re they decide to do their own remastering and then find out it to much work/ money to complete/start.

It will probably be the new masters but at a less then Japanese resolution . Real tell will be the OVA coming next month. Considering the same company liked to shove sharp objects in very uncomfortable places to their American arm I would just keep hopes low and if we get better cheer .

Groan. Sometimes I forget that the Japanese allay their fears of “reverse importation” by gimping foreign releases. I really want to believe that the Japanese know how utterly stupid that idea is, but I have my doubts that they do.

“Imagine the worst and you won’t be disappointed, unless your imagination isn’t good enough”. That company that should not be named has proven itself to have an unparalleled imagination when it comes to torturing its fans.

I already have all of CPM’s dvd box sets for the tv series (which I love). If the blu-rays are real nice, will probably upgrade.

Collection 1 Cover/Disc Art

DVD

Blu-ray

Cool!

Say, what is this undubbed footage that they’re calling an extra?

One could say that the box acknowledged Goto’s true nature lol.

My only complaint, of it could be called that, is that Patlabor is nothing like Dragnet.

Mobile Police Patlabor (TV), Episodes 1-12 (Sub & Dub) are live at ANO

Collection 2 Cover/Disc Art

DVD

Blu-ray

It’s alright but I wish they’d decided on some better art for Izumi and Clancy. Maybe they’ll atone by making the cover art for volume 3 depict Ota in one of his crazed gun-fanboy moments? Though TBH gotoh casually smoking a cigarette, with a labor in the background, would make for some cooler, more appropriate art too.

The last line on the cover reminds me of the old Dai-Guard dub.

Lolz. Maiden Japan and I must have been on the same wavelength for a split second there as I just saw this:

http://www.fandompost.com/2013/07/25/cover-art-revealed-for-november-anime-dvdbd-releases-from-sentai-filmworks-maiden-japan/

Mobile Police Patlabor (TV), Episodes 13-24 (Sub & Dub) are live at ANO