Monthly Girls' Nozaki-kun / Gekkan Shōjo Nozaki-kun

YES!

http://ask.fm/SentaiFilmworks/answer/129828255709

Q. Can you give you any information about the Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun English dub? I’m dying to know!

A. Ah, Nozaki, one of our favorite shows. I can tell you right now that it’s found a home in our release schedule, so a definite date has been set for it. :slight_smile:

http://ask.fm/SentaiFilmworks/answer/130127293917

Q. Read that a release date has been set for Monthly Girls’ Nozaki-kun! Will there be a collector’s edition for it? Please please please let there be one.‎

A. Nozaki-kun is a show that is near and dear to my heart. The comedy was so fresh, characters were interesting and enjoyable…even the silly tanuki thing hit all the right spots. Definitely something on my personal top 5 list.
I would LOVE a collector’s edition of Monthly Girls Nozaki-kun, but just me saying something won’t make it happen. If you have been to one of our panels before, you know that we always stress how important it is to let your voice be heard. Your opinions matter more to us than you may think, so make sure to let us know on our social channels (Facebook, Twitter, G+, Tumblr) that you want a Nozaki-kun box set to happen. If we see that there is a demand, it is way more likely that we will take a closer look at a show to see if it is CE worthy. Again, make sure your voices are heard, because we’re listening. :wink:

http://ask.fm/SentaiFilmworks/answer/130684619997

Q. “… so make sure to let us know on our social channels that you want a Nozaki-kun box set to happen.” https://plus.google.com/u/0/b/117581791161408704867/+TheKidN/posts/6qGw5esaYPh Lol what I got in 5 days. You guys should do a poll somewhere like on Facebook or G+.‎

A. We hear you loud and clear, chief! We actually got a bunch of replies from you guys wanting a Nozaki box set, and I just so happened to show a bunch of them to the right people here in the office on Monday. Now we wait to see if it was enough to tip the scales in our favor (because I really want one too.) Cross your fingers!

https://twitter.com/Sentaifilmworks/status/659764574791462912 > Working on #Nozakikun stuff today! :O

https://twitter.com/Sentaifilmworks/status/664542456428425216?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

Sitting in on a booth session! Today it’s for #nozakikun. :wink:

Announcing…

Fans Requested it, and we’re delivering!

https://twitter.com/Sentaifilmworks/status/666366407215460352 > We'll have more info on what will be included in our recently announced Nozaki Premium Box Set soon, stay tuned!

Seriously, if this is Sentai’s “Biggest announcement of the year” that they hinted at last week. My response has to be “Go home Sentai, you’re drunk.” Especially when compared to Legend of the Galactic Heroes. I understand that this is big news due to the fan demand, but come on.

[size=16]Monthly Girls’ Nozaki-kun Premium Box Set Contents Revealed![/size]
11/19/2015 3:43:25 PM

The moment many of you have been waiting for arrived earlier this week: the Monthly Girls’ Nozaki-kun Premium Edition Box Set was announced! Today we’re going to delve a little deeper into what all you can expect to find in your box set, but first let me tell you why this set in particular was a such a big deal.

Initially, Nozaki-kun was scheduled to be a subtitled only release. This also happened to be around the time that a few people started inquiring about the release on our Ask Sentai blogs. It was then that we asked you all to let us know if you wanted a box set for the release, and of course, the response was pretty big: tons of fans messaged us on Twitter, left us messages on facebook and Tumblr, and sent requests to our info email. We even got requests from local fans at our Alamo Drafthouse screenings, specifically mentioning the Ask Sentai blog. Now, this is pretty typical for any release that we put out, and usually there’s a few requests here and there for box sets of those titles, but the influx of demand for a Nozaki box set was simply staggering. Good job!

After compiling all of your requests into something simpler to look through, we sent them over to the difference makers around here, urging them to rethink the release strategy for Nozaki, even as more and more people kept inquiring on Ask Sentai and our social channels. A few weeks (and a few meetings) later, the Nozaki-kun box set was born. :slight_smile:

So, this is why we believe the Nozaki box set to be so important, enough to call it one of the biggest announcements of the year: because enough of our fans demanded it, enough people spoke up to request it. A big thanks to all of you who made this happen, we couldn’t be happier with the outcome!

OK! Let’s get started.

**Chipboard Box**

The Monthly Girls’ Nozaki-kun Limited Edition Premium Box Set will come housed within a heavy chipboard box, so you get a nice weighty feel to it, the way every box set should feel. :wink:

Remember, all artwork here is subject to change, so what you see may be different from the end product.

**DVD/BLU-RAY COMBO AND SOUNDTRACK**

Within the chipboard box you’ll find the complete series, episodes 1 - 12, on both Blu-ray and DVD. Special on disc features include:

Nozaki-kun Shorts - 6 short 3 minute vignettes featuring characters from the show:
• Is That Handsome Boy Just a Friend or Her Boyfriend? Parts 1 and 2
• The Correlation Chart That Connects Everything
• It’s Summer! It’s the Ocean! It’s Training Camp!
• Me of the Sun…Which Do You Think Shines More?
• The Happening is Being Turned Into a Shojo Manga

Promos
Commercials
Clean Open and Close Animations

The Nozaki-kun shorts are all that you’ve come to expect from the main series and more. They are definitely something you’ll want to watch immediately after watching the last episode.

**SOUNDTRACK**

Along with the Blu-ray/DVD Combo, you’ll also be getting a soundtrack loaded with songs from the show. The soundtrack comes in two discs and is jam packed with tunes, over SIXTY in all. The music in this show is catchy as all hell, so I’m sure a lot of you will be putting this to good use!

**STICKERS AND POSTER**

The Nozaki box set also includes a set of super cute die cut stickers of Nozaki, Chiyo, Mikorin, Hori and Wakamatsu, as well as a large poster pictured below (stickers and posters are not the same size, fyi!)

**SPECIAL BOOKLET**

The included booklet contains everything you would ever want to know about the Nozaki characters and much, MUCH more. Along with Character Profiles, you’ll get staff discussions, character interviews, small features such as Mikorin’s Art Modeling Journal, Life with Hori and Kashima, Seo vs. Wakamatsu, and a ton of other awesome stuff. There’s just so much to go through, I’m about halfway done. :slight_smile:

That does it for the Monthly Girls’ Nozaki-kun Premium Box Set! Preorders will be starting soon on our site, stay tuned to our social channels for more info!

so two osts, huh?
don’t remember this having a particularly epic soundtrack like, say Guin Saga or Broken Blade

https://twitter.com/Sentaifilmworks/status/674344445303648256?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

Sitting in on a booth session, for Chiyo from #nozakikun. :wink:

Preorder the Nozaki Box Set: http://bit.ly/NozakiBoxSet

Complete Collection Cover/Disc Art

Limited Edition

DVD

Blu-ray

Monthly Girls’ Nozaki-kun Cast Reveal: Mikoto Mikoshiba (Mikorin)

[size=16]Monthly Girls’ Nozaki-kun English Dub Casts Scott Gibbs as Mikorin[/size]
posted on 2016-02-03 13:23 EST
Series ships on DVD, Blu-ray, premium edition combo pack on March 29

“Well all right.”

that alone won me over…:grin:

1 Like

Monthly Girls’ Nozaki-kun Cast Reveal: Yu Kashima

[size=16]Monthly Girls’ Nozaki-kun English Dub Casts Monica Rial as Kashima[/size]
posted on 2016-02-10 13:12 EST
Series to ship on DVD, Blu-ray, limited edition combo pack on March 29

3 Likes

Love that outtake at the end.

1 Like

Monthly Girls’ Nozaki-kun Cast Reveal: Umetaro Nozaki

[size=16]Monthly Girls’ Nozaki-kun English Dub Casts Ty Mahany as Nozaki[/size]
posted on 2016-02-17 13:45 EST

I’m kind of curious how the Nozaki-Kun Collector’s Edition did / will do since you know fandom was screaming for it and Sentai noticed them with this…

Monthly Girls’ Nozaki-kun Cast Reveal: Chiyo Sakura

[size=16]Monthly Girls’ Nozaki-kun English Dub Casts Juliet Simmons as Chiyo Sakura[/size]
posted on 2016-02-20 14:15 EST

[size=16]MONTHLY GIRLS’ NOZAKI-KUN OFFICIAL ENGLISH DUB CAST LIST[/size]
2/24/2016 2:03:55 PM

AVAILABLE MARCH 29, 2016
BLU-RAY | DVD | PREMIUM BOX SET

ABOUT Monthly Girls’ Nozaki-kun
It’s the age-old tale: the girl’s into a guy that barely knows she exists. While all Chiyo can think about is Nozaki, all he cares about is his manga deadline looming over his head. But when Chiyo attempts to confess to Nozaki, a bit of confusion causes her to instead become his assistant! As Chiyo reluctantly agrees to lend a hand she discovers Nozaki isn’t just any manga author, he’s the famous Yumeno Sakiko who writes one of the most popular shoujo manga of all time.

Genres: Romance, Shoujo, Slice of Life
Rating: TV-14 [D]

DIRECTOR - Kyle Colby Jones
ADR Writers - Katelyn Barr, Kyle Colby Jones

ENGLISH DUB CAST LIST
Chiyo Sakura - Juliet Simmons
Umetaro Nozaki - Ty Mahany
Mikoto Mikoshiba - Scott Gibbs
Masayuki Hori - Adam Noble
Hirotaka Wakamatsu - Cameron Bautsch
Yu Kashima - Monica Rial
Yuzuki Seo - Joanne Bonasso