No. 6

I’m loving that this is going onto Blu-rya, meaning it got a DUB! It’s rare for a boy love series to get brought over, let alone it getting dubbed.

Per DVD & Blu-ray back cover:

Cover art added to the first post.

[size=16]English Dub Cast[/size]

ADR Script and Director: Steven Foster

Starring:
Shion - Greg Ayres
Rat - Kalob Martinez
Safu - Hilary Haag
Safu’s Grandmother - Marcy Bannor
Karan - Lesley Pedersen
Yamase - Mike Yager
Yoming - Karl Glusman
Lili - Abigail Moorhead
Dogkeeper - Luci Christian
Rikiga - Chris Hutchison
Eriyurias - Genevieve Simmons

Source: AN Blog

Genevieve Simmons?? Abigail Moorhead??

I wonder if they’ll have this on advanced sale at their booth @ Otakon…

I wish No. 6 were more sci-fi and less yaoi, but with a dub directed by Foster, starring Greg Ayres, a show like this just has to be hilarious.

That said, in case they do have this on advance sale @ Otakon, I’d like to know what I’m getting into, so could the first episode of this be bumped up to a pre-Otakon date? Please?

Speaking of Otakon, I had some hope of Sentai showcasing shows like this there, but as I don’t see it on the schedule (the only Sentai videos I see playing are subbed, ew) I guess they haven’t gotten back to that level yet.

No. 6 (dubbed) will begin on August 3, sorry, not in time for Otakon.

Sad face :frowning:

Are you sure that it can’t be, ah, adjusted to start pre-otakon? :wink:

It’s not really a huge issue to me, as I buy virtually every Sentai release anyway. I would bet that (knowing rightstuf) if I’d have ordered it through rightstuf that I would have gotten it in the mail before otakon, but then I wouldn’t be really able to buy it from Sentai’s booth at Otakon (and by Murphy’s Law, if I bought it from rightstuf then their booth would totally have it lol), and I’d rather buy direct from Sentai than through rightstuf.

This reminds me: since Sentai has a panel at otakon, that probably means that David Williams will be there, so I should get my autograph pile ready :wink:

[size=5]Episode 01 (Dub) is now LIVE![/size]

1 Like

Utopia is Abuzz with Conspiracy in “No. 6”

September 03, 2017 2:05pm CDT
"Cruising the Crunchy-Catalog" looks at the 2011 novel-to-TV-anime series that asks “Two bee, or not two bee?”

This one will be taken back by Aniplex soon. If you want it, better pick it up.

Going Out Of Print

SHOP NOW

*** Limit two per customer, per item, on all sale items. Sentai Filmworks reserves the right to adjust quantities and/or cancel orders that do not comply with this limit. Sentai Filmworks reserves the right to amend, restrict or rescind this offer at any time.

Sentai Filmworks’ No. 6 Anime License Expires

posted on 2018-12-13 16:05 EST by Karen Ressler

1 Like

So according to the Aniplex thread on the Funi forums, the streaming license expired July 7 2018.

Give or take, that’s about 24 weeks between digital expiration and physical expiration.

Of course, there are variables to this as well. Persona 4 is pretty much all but gone already, and the digital license expired at the beginning of October. :thinking:

Guess that means these may be the last print runs of A-CHANNEL and Inu X Boku as well.

It’s nice that Sentai fire-sales these expiring shows off.

…I remember seeing this show after Greg Ayres hyped it. I guess it wasn’t a bad show, but it would have been a lot better had I known what type of show it was before seeing it.

1 Like

Don’t know exactly when, but no longer able to add it to your cart on the Sentai Store.

(Most likely means Sold Out)