Towanoquon

Towanoquon

Genres: science fiction, supernatural
Themes: superpowers
Number of Episodes: 6
Vintage: 2011-05-28

Plot Summary: In a futuristic Tokyo, humans who have awakened distinct powers are being hunted by a secret organization named Kestos. Denominated as Attracters, these exceptional individuals are joining forces to defend themselves. They are led by an idealist named Quon who is determined to save all Attracters he can.

ANN Info Page

I think that summary is the most I’ve heard about this, aside from the name. It has me curious, but I’m not sure it’s something I’d like to own on home video.

4th Towa no Quon Film’s Promo Video Streamed

posted on 2011-10-05 09:45 EDT
4th part of BONES’ 6-part supernatural film series acquired by Sentai Filmworks

RELEASE SCHEDULE

Starting Thursday, Oct. 13th at 1 PM Eastern

Part 1 - 10/13/2011
Part 2 - 10/27/2011
Part 3 - 11/10/2011
Part 4 - 11/24/2011
Part 5 - 12/08/2011
Part 6 - 12/22/2011

Requires Subscription

I’m really surprised how quickly the parts will be going up. They will be up within weeks of their theater debut.

Episode 1 is live at ANO

Episode 2 is live at ANO

Episode 3 is live at ANO

Towa no Quon" Anime Part Five Trailer

November 11, 2011 6:30am EST
Penultimate Chapter of Sentai Filmworks Licensed Movie Series

Episode 4 is live at ANO

Final Towa no Quon Anime Film’s Trailer Streamed

posted on 2011-11-26 11:30 EST
6th part of BONES’ 6-part film series opened in Japan on Saturday

Episode 5 is live at ANO

Final Towa no Quon Anime Film’s 1st 9 Minutes Streamed

posted on 2011-12-09 09:30 EST
Tokyo theater to show all 6 parts on December 29 with guest Hiroshi Kamiya

Episode 6 (final) is live at ANO

Just saw that rightStuf has posted that Sentai’s release of this will have “commentary”. While I, sadly, think I already know the answer, I have to ask: Is that commentary in Japanese?

rightStuf is pretty horrible at listing special features, or more importantly, the lack of special features.

This seems like something I’ll be interested in.

I saw the first episode. It was alright, better than I thought it’d be. To sum it up, I’d say it’s Speed Grapher + X-Men. [size=2]It also reminds me a lot of Gemini of the Meteor, but we all know that sucked so I’ll leave it out ;)[/size]

The main character seems to be one of those lame hero archetypes, but maybe he’ll get better as the show progresses. Though he’s so effeminate looking that it’s funny. “Dude looks like a Lady” would be an easily-made AMV. Speaking of songs, they used the full version of their ending theme at the end of EP 1. Unusual.

I think I’ll wait for the dub to finish this. Any idea on the language of the extra features?

None of us are certain. Sentai hasn’t done too many English language commentaries, but they’ve been getting better about including extra features. So either is a possibility. You could try emailing them at their website. That are fairly good about responding to questions about features and packaging, etc.

Sentai is too good at that. I emailed them back when the Infinite Stratos information went up on rightStuf, and Sentai promptly informed me that the extras were Japanese only. I appreciate the prompt reply and the honesty, but the reply killed my hope.

On a side note, what English commentaries/extras has Sentai done? Off the top of my head, they did the Clannad commentary track and they republished the ADV Orphen audio outtakes (though they didn’t republish others, like the Gilgamesh extras).

I can think of few J-movies which had commentary tracks, come to think :frowning:

Complete Collection Cover/Disc Art

DVD

Blu-ray