Ruin Explorers: Fam & Ihrie / Hikyō Tanken Fam & Ihrlie - Ruin Explorer (OVA)

Ruin Explorers - Fam & Ihrie / Hikyō Tanken Fam & Ihrlie - Ruin Explorer (OVA)

Genres: adventure, comedy, fantasy
Themes: treasure hunting
Objectionable content: Significant
Number of episodes: 4
Vintage: 1995

Plot Summary: Fam and Ihrie are two Ruin Explorers, trying to make a living by salvaging old relics hidden in the ruins of a long lost era when magic ruled the world. Although Ihrie is a powerful sorceress, she has been cursed and every time she casts a spell she turns into a fluffy little rodent. In order to remove the curse she is looking for the Ultimate Power that is sealed by three relics they must find. However, Ihrie soon finds out they are not the only ones who desire this power and while some of the competitors may be friendly, others seek this power to spread evil across the land.

ANN Info Page
####Watch on the Anime Network Online Player

Press Release

Lol… A little slow there. :wink:

Next up for a new release:

Gunsmith Cats in HD… :woohoo:
Princess Nine
Burn Up saga

Super Milk Chan… :ohmy:

Ok, I’ve never heard of this title, but since I’ve been hearing good things about this, I’m willing to pick this up. Now if only Gunsmith Cats, Dragon Half and Sorcerer Hunters could get picked up.

Cover art has been posted.

Nice. I’ll definitely be picking this up. I know little about it, but now that I see that it has a commentary track (one of, what, 3 releases between Maiden/Sentai that does?) I’m obligated to pick it up. I do so miss the English on-disc extras.

The dub seems of interest regardless: Greenfield directed and ~50% of the dub is comprised of classic ADV actors while the remainder is made up of actors I’ve barely heard of.

For 15 bucks I don’t see why not. I also hope that this release’s success will inspire the rerelease of the ADV classics that others have mentioned in this thread.

[quote]http://www.youtube.com/user/TomasHandlova
This is a Remix of Trailers from ADV Films, which is on Lost Universe DVD Volumes 1 2 3 4, from year 2000, when ADV Films was a BIG Anime Company.[/quote]

[hr]

[quote]http://www.youtube.com/user/TomasHandlova
This is a Remix of Trailers from ADV Films, which is on Lost Universe DVD Volumes 5 6, from year 2000, when ADV Films was a BIG Anime Company.[/quote]

…I’d like to forget that Lost Universe happened.

The posted trailers aren’t specific to Ruin Explorers. I’m not even sure that it was mentioned at all. I saw a lot of Gasaraki, EVA, Generator Gawl and Bubblegum Crisis Tokyo 2040 (aka the good one), with a bit of other series like Sonic & Reboot (whose CG looked bad even in 2000) but I didn’t really see this show.

In a move that was typical ADV there was a considerable amount of Lost Universe trailer footage on these trailers that were ostensibly taken from Lost Universe DVDs.

I was hoping for one of those classic, cheesy Jason Douglas narrated show-specific trailers, for example.

Ruin Explorers

DUB COMING ONLINE JUNE 24, 2013!

Now if only we could get its dub commentary track online here…

OVA Episodes 01-04 (Sub & Dub) are now LIVE!
It is up, but some streams aren’t up yet.

Ep. 01
Sub - Both aren’t up
Dub - SD is up, HD is not

Ep. 02
Sub - SD is not up, HD is up
Dub - Both are up

Ep. 03
Dub - Both are up

Ep. 04
Dub - Both are up

The rest of the streams are now up and working.

Are the characters on the disc art and the characters on the cover art intended to be the same characters?

So I watched ep 1. It was alright IMO, though it reminded me of how many great dub actors and actresses we’ve lost over the years. Downright tragic.

In seeing ep 1 I have confirmed that the characters depicted on the cover, the characters depicted in the show and the characters depicted on the DVD cover are all supposed to be the same 2 characters. So then why do the characters on the DVD cover look so radically different? Why was the art style changed?

What’s the “vintage” of this commentary track?