Dokugakuji / Sha Jien(eps 20-50) - Mike MacRae
Dr. Huang(eps 42-50) - Rozie Curtis
Kanzeon Bosatsu / Merciful Goddess(eps 7, 20-21) - Shawn Taylor
Yaone (apothecary) - Shelley Calene-Black
Shien - Spike Spencer
Ni Jyeni - Tommy Drake
Nataku - Tony Oller
Kougaiji - Vic Mignogna

Since I happen to be one of the very, very few in this world that actually prefers the Geneon dub of the following series to the ADV dub of the first series, I might as well be the one to make this thread.

Geneon did some awesome stuff. What’s the difference that you prefer?

I had the same complaint about these dubs as I do many funi ones. It had some good performances but it was very poorly cast. Hakai was the only voice that didn’t bother me.

That’s the same way I feel about the ADV dub actually.

Saiyuki Gaiden Volume 3’s Promotional Video Streamed

posted on 2011-08-29 14:00 EDT
Last volume in adaptation of Kazuya Minekura’s manga to ship on November 25

Saiyuki Gaiden Volume 3’s 129-Second Promo Video Posted

posted on 2011-10-05 10:15 EDT
Last volume in adaptation of Kazuya Minekura’s manga delayed again until January

Saiyuki Gaiden Video Anime Gets Special Edition

posted on 2012-03-25 02:55 EDT
Kazuya Minekura also resumes Saiyuki Reload Blast fantasy adventure manga

When is this being released here?

It probably got held up by the whole Geneon Universal mess. It’s also possible that Sentai is trying to get the entire franchise as well. ADVs license for the first two seasons should be expired or near it’s end, so they would have to negotiate for everything. A lot of the materials for the GU properties have just started to trickle out within the last few months, so it might be a while longer. Look at how long Funi had to sit on its GU shows. They also just started production within the last couple months.

The final JP vol. didn’t get released until Jan. 20 2012, so I’d assume it’ll probably be awhile yet.

Sentai Filmworks To Release Saiyuki Gaiden in January

posted on 2012-09-28 18:40 EDT by Crystalyn Hodgkins

Hmmm, I wonder how much of the original cast makes it to this OVA? There were some classic actors who haven’t been around much in the original IIRC.

I might just get this for my traditional Greg Ayres autograph session. That could be interesting, and since this comes out in January, it should work out. Nice.

Saiyuki Gaiden Cover/Disc Art

DVD

Via TAN Newsletter

Saiyuki Gaiden: This Week on Anime Network

Goku & Co. return as gods in Saiyuki Gaiden, where they find themselves on a new journey that will take them to Heaven and back! With an English dub featuring the original voices from Saiyuki that you’ve come to know and love, this is a ride you won’t want to miss. The fun starts this week, only on Anime Network!

Saiyuki Gaiden - English Dub
Starts on VOD: Feb 28, 2013
Starts Online: Mar 1, 2013

Watch the Trailer

About the Series
In their former lives, Genjyo Sanzo and his crew of misfits were gods; but they didn’t act divine. When Goku flies into a murderous rage after seeing his best friend die, Heaven’s had enough and wants him dead! But Konzen Douji, Field Marshal Tenpou and General Kenren are willing to do anything to protect Goku, even if it means turning all of Heaven against them. Will the three of them be enough to break through the Heavenly Western Army and escape to the Lower World? Or will the Journey to the West be over before it’s even begun?

Rated: TV-14
Language: English Dubbed

English Voice Director: Scott Gensch

Featuring:
■ David Matranga
■ Greg Ayres
■ Illich Guardiola
■ Braden Hunt
■ Leraldo Anzuldua
■ John Swasey
■ Shelley Calene-Black
■ Clint Bickham

Saiyuki Gaiden, Ep 1, is live at ANO

Well, Sentai, you made me cry again. But I think that it’s a good thing when a story can touch me that way. So, good job! :wink:

I waited until all three episodes were on VOD before watching this.

I thought it was interesting to see how Goku ended up in the cave for Sanzo to find him in the original Saiyuki.

I liked how Konzen changed from being aloof and above everything, to being nurturing and caring toward Goku and how, in the end, all three men gave all for him.

Saiyuki Reload Blast Manga to Have ‘Important Announcement’ on July 28

posted on 2016-06-28 15:07 EDT