Section23 Films Announces March 2023 Slate

Per PR:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

SECTION23 FILMS ANNOUNCES MARCH SLATE

SAIYUKI RELOAD -ZEROIN- Available March 21st

HOUSTON, December 13, 2022 – Home video distributor Section23 Films today announced its March slate of releases which includes, SAIYUKI RELOAD -ZEROIN- the latest installment in the legendary Saiyuki franchise!

Product details follow, in order of release

Coming March 2023

Title: LOVE AND LIES
Published by: Sentai Filmworks
Distributed by: Section23 Films
Run Time: 300 min.
Street Date: 3/7/2023
Format: BD
Language: Japanese with English Subtitles
SRP: $49.98

SYNOPSIS: In the world where high school students Yukari and Misaki live, it’s a cold and unfeeling government bureaucracy that decides who marries, and the prospective bride and groom are given little choice in the matter. Which means that even though Yukari wants nothing more than to marry Misaki, that dream is destroyed when he’s ordered to marry Ririna instead. It seems hopeless… or is it? Just as taxes can sometimes be dodged, Cupid has ways of dodging federal regulations and making sure that his arrows fly true, and a potential loophole opens when Ririna reveals that she’s not against Yukari and Misaki being a couple. However, when it appears that Ririna and Yukari are getting closer, things might be getting unexpectedly complicated as a tale of true romance becomes one of LOVE AND LIES!

Title: WATAMOTE
Street Date: 3/14/2023
Language: English & Japanese with English Subtitles
SRP: $59.98

SYNOPSIS: Tomoko Kuroki had only one friend in middle school and her less-than-pleasant personality left her isolated and alone. Then she had a “brilliant” idea: playing lots of romantic video games to learn how to become popular instantly! Now that she’s in high school, however, her plan hasn’t proven to be as clever as she had thought, and rather than fixing her problems, she’s worse off than she was before! But instead of abandoning her scheme, she keeps doubling down, trying to find shortcuts to the popularity she desires. Meanwhile, her family is ill-equipped to deal with the “new” Tomoko, her one friend has undergone a similar mad change, and the biggest trainwreck of a miracle makeover ever is about to unfold in WATAMOTE - NO MATTER HOW I LOOK AT IT, IT’S YOU GUYS’ FAULT I’M NOT POPULAR!

Title: KILL ME BABY
Run Time: 325 min.
Street Date: 3/21/2023
SRP: $59.98

SYNOPSIS: What do you do if one of the girls in your class is both your best friend and secretly an assassin? And if another girl you know says she’s a ninja, and your life is constantly being threatened by other ninjas, hired killers and redheads with mysterious personal vendettas? If you’re Yasuna Oribe, the answer is that you do very little and go on as if as everything is normal, even when the weirdness expands to include escaped bears and killer mosquitos. However, that’s not because Yasuna is incredibly cool and blasé about danger, but more because she might be a few tiles short of a full mahjong set. If it seems like Yasuna’s path through higher education will lead to a premature grave… you just might be right as things get a little crazy in KILL ME BABY!

Title: SAIYUKI RELOAD -ZEROIN-
Run Time: 325 min.
Street Date: 3/21/2023
SRP: $69.98

SYNOPSIS: Hundreds of years ago, the war god Nataku Taishi defeated the monstrous Gyumaoh in battle, imprisoning the foul creature in Houtou Castle. For many years tranquility ruled the land, with humans and the yokai-the spirits of the land-living in peaceful coexistence… until misguided attempts to resurrect Gyumaoh unleashed a wave of negative energy, driving the yokai berserk! To save humanity, and to prevent Gyumaoh from rising once more, the goddess Kanzeon Bosatsu sends the legendary team of Son Goku, Genjo Sanzo, Sha Gojyo, and Cho Hakkai into the west! Their mission: stop the slaughter, discover who is responsible, and ensure that Gyumaoh remains locked away forever. Now four heroes must find a way to work with a mysterious group of potential allies, as the epic saga that began in SAIYUKI RELOAD BLAST continues in SAIYUKI RELOAD ZEROIN!

Title: CHIVALRY OF A FAILED KNIGHT STEELBOOK — MOVED TO APRIL 25, 2023
Street Date: 3/28/2023
SRP: $99.98

SYNOPSIS: Despite the fact that his family has always been powerful Blazers who can manifest weapons or other powers from their souls, Ikki Kurogane’s own abilities are so poor that he’s earned the unfortunate nickname of the “Worst One” around the Hagun Academy. Then things change for Ikki in the most surprising way when Princess Stella Vermillion, the most promising Rank-A Blazer to come along in many years, transfers to Hagun and challenges him to a duel where the loser must obey the winner for the rest of their life. To the shock of both Ikki and the Princess, he wins! And now that the Worst One has inexplicably beaten the legendary Crimson Princess, even if by a complete fluke, life will never be the same for either of them in CHIVALRY OF A FAILED KNIGHT!

About Section23 Films:
Section23 Films provides home video marketing and distribution services to an array of labels and imprints including Sentai, Maiden Japan, and Switchblade Pictures. With its special focus on genre entertainment, Section23 Films distributes some of the very best anime, martial arts, and horror titles on the market today.

2 Likes

Sentai Shop

March 7, 2023

Love and Lies

Love and Lies Complete Series
Language: Japanese with English Subtitles
Extras: Clean Opening Animation; Clean Closing Animation

March 14, 2023

WATEMOTE

WATAMOTE: No Matter How I Look At It, It’s You Guys’ Fault I’m Not Popular Complete Collection
Language: English, Japanese with English Subtitles
Extras: Clean Opening Animation; Clean Closing Animations (x6)

March 21, 2023

Kill Me Baby

Kill Me Baby Complete Collection
Extras: Clean Opening Animation; Clean Closing Animation

Saiyuki Reload -Zeroin-

Saiyuki Reload -Zeroin- Complete Collection
Extras: Clean Opening Animation; Clean Closing Animation; Summer Memories (3 min. Short)

March 28, 2023

Chivalry of a Failed Knight Steelbook - Moved to April 25, 2023

RightStuf Links

4 Likes

I’ll get everything but Saiyuki. :rofl:

3 Likes

Depending on what the Evil Empire releases more than likely :
-Chivalry Steel book
-Watamote

The Chivalry steelbook gets ordered based on that cover alone

3 Likes

If anyone just wants the Chivalry Steelbook both Rightstuf and Sentai has the $50 free Shipping freshhold going on during the holiday sales.

2 Likes

Just have to wait on CR’s solicits on Thursday and on it lol

2 Likes

Nothing for the month.

I have everything I’d want on this list already.

My ‘wallet’ say…“Thank you.”

Chivalry of a Failed Knight - Moved to April 25, 2023

1 Like