Section23 Films Announces October 2009 Slate

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2009-07-28/sentai-filmworks-licenses-clannad-after-story-ghost-hound-and-he-is-my-master

[quote]Hey guys, it’s been a busy day today! Well on my end at least; but I’m sure you dont want to be bored with that, so on to the main event!

As some of you know (I’m looking at you Twittertown), some new licences have been picked up, and we are happy to report that Anime Network Online will be host to some hot titles, including some new properties, in the coming year! Look foward to these shows coming to a TV or monitor near you in the future:

* Little Snow Fairy Sugar
* He is My Master
* Popotan
* Ghost Hound (one of my personal favorites)

That’s not all of course, we’ve saved the best for last. Coming soon to Anime Network:[/quote]

http://advnation.blogspot.com/2009/07/adv-films-to-distribute-sentai_28.html

[quote]ADV Films to distribute new Sentai Filmworks license acquisitions: Clannad After Story, Production IG’s 20th Anniversary title Ghost Hound, Gainax and SHAFT’s He is My Master. Sentai Filmworks has also acquired license rescues for previous Geneon titles: Popotan and Little Snow Fairy Sugar.

Two Live Action titles have also been solicited with Switchblade Pictures: Zombie Self-Defense Force and Fistful of Fuku.

These titles are all slated for October 2009.[/quote]

If you read PP’s solicitations post a bit ago the above might not be news: http://www.theanimenetwork.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&Itemid=65&func=view&catid=4&id=7009

Great time to celebrate though… Sentai and ADV land the major Clannad After Story and Production IG’s 20th Anniversary title, Ghost Hound… Awesome news!

He is My Master looks like it’ll be another fun Gainax/SHAFT title, and the two Geneon rescues will fill the bill for those looking for cute stuff.

ADV is keeping up the fight, good for them. :slight_smile:

ADV and Sentai own for this. He is My Master and Ghost hound = insta buys, even though they won’t have dubs. ANd I will think about the two x-Geneon titles.

Go ADV go!

Awesome!
But I guess that means you’ll have to move my Sugar thread into the AN section.

I do find it kind of amusing that was one of the rescues though (since I made a thread on a few months ago), even still it’s awesome that it’ll get a chance to be back in ciculation, it really is a good show.

Coffee, Can you update the info for the ADV/Sentai version, and RSI link to it. I’ll move it shortly. What a day, so swamped!

For this and PP’s solicitation thread I’ve inquired from Sentai and ADV, still no official response/statement as of yet though.

Moved it already.

[quote=dragoon]
Coffee, Can you update the info for the ADV/Sentai version, and RSI link to it. I’ll move it shortly. What a day, so swamped![/quote]

Will do.

-edit-
I just put a non-descript picure until the official one comes out.

All this dub whining is getting on my nerves.

[quote=blakdragon7]
All this dub whining is getting on my nerves.[/quote]

They like living in La-la land. Even after the RSI panel and the Bandai situation on top of the previous Sentai announcements months ago… some anime fans still don’t get it. It’s like they just want to ignore the state of the market, that or simply their brain cells must have gotten burnt out long ago.

As one of the biggest dub fans in this forum, I am getting really ashamed of the dub whiners (I’ve noticed the biggest complainers seem to be fansubbers too, who just want a new experience -_-. Those are particularly the most annoying, if they enjoyed something enough to spend hours watching something and hours illegally obtaining it, then if they love it so much they should support the makers, in this case via the R1 release). It’s getting ridiculous now how almost every panel or license acquisition is met with the same drama over and over and over. Sure they have a right to express their disappointment, but they are just getting ridiculous now. Maybe if a lot of them spent more time buying and not watching illegally the market wouldn’t be in this predicament in the first place.

As long as its only one release with all 12 episodes for $39.99 or less, I will buy He is my Master.

What’s it about?

The MSRP is 39.99. So I guess you’ll be buying this.

Yeah the price is going to be pretty fair imo, as blakdragon mentioned above. PP’s other thread has full links to RSI, and preorder prices.

[quote=dragoon]

[quote=blakdragon7]

As one of the biggest dub fans in this forum, I am getting really ashamed of the dub whiners (I’ve noticed the biggest complainers seem to be fansubbers too, who just want a new experience -_-. Those are particularly the most annoying, if they enjoyed something enough to spend hours watching something and hours illegally obtaining it, then if they love it so much they should support the makers, in this case via the R1 release). It’s getting ridiculous now how almost every panel or license acquisition is met with the same drama over and over and over. Sure they have a right to express their disappointment, but they are just getting ridiculous now. Maybe if a lot of them spent more time buying and not watching illegally the market wouldn’t be in this predicament in the first place.[/quote]

That’s the main thing most of them avoid. All the “blah I want dubs” when most of the shows licensed have went unbought and straight to bargain bin.

[quote=blakdragon7]

[quote=dragoon]

[quote=blakdragon7]

As one of the biggest dub fans in this forum, I am getting really ashamed of the dub whiners (I’ve noticed the biggest complainers seem to be fansubbers too, who just want a new experience -_-. Those are particularly the most annoying, if they enjoyed something enough to spend hours watching something and hours illegally obtaining it, then if they love it so much they should support the makers, in this case via the R1 release). It’s getting ridiculous now how almost every panel or license acquisition is met with the same drama over and over and over. Sure they have a right to express their disappointment, but they are just getting ridiculous now. Maybe if a lot of them spent more time buying and not watching illegally the market wouldn’t be in this predicament in the first place.[/quote]

That’s the main thing most of them avoid. All the “blah I want dubs” when most of the shows licensed have went unbought and straight to bargain bin.[/quote]

I have not seen Clannad After Story, or He is My Master. I didn’t see Ghost Hound or Princess Resurrection also but it isn’t something I would normally buy even if it did have a dub.

I did buy Clannad and Indian Summer as soon as it was released. I will buy Clannad After Story. Also right now I am going to plan to buy He is My Master. So I know your not talking about me being a Fansubber.

[quote=chrisc]

[quote=blakdragon7]

[quote=dragoon]

[quote=blakdragon7]

That’s the main thing most of them avoid. All the “blah I want dubs” when most of the shows licensed have went unbought and straight to bargain bin.[/quote]

I have not seen Clannad After Story, or He is My Master. I didn’t see Ghost Hound or Princess Resurrection also but it isn’t something I would normally buy even if it did have a dub.

I did buy Clannad and Indian Summer as soon as it was released. I will buy Clannad After Story. Also right now I am going to plan to buy He is My Master. So I know your not talking about me being a Fansubber.[/quote]

I speaking of the scope of fans that want dubs but didn’t actively purchase shows over the last few years if they had the money.

As much as I like dubbed versions of things and supporting the voice actors the only thing dub lovers can really do is try and land these titles on TV by bugging other companies to show them and to keep buying the DVD’s. I suppose you just got to look at the bright side of things, i’m really glad to see ADV distributing Clannad after story, which shows that things are probably getting better for ADV for them to invest more money into the series and if you happen to be majoring in Japanese at a college then it forces you to watch subtitled and get a little after school practice in :stuck_out_tongue:

Life is full of ups and downs and i’d much rather be happy with the blessings than upset about everything else, it can be quite a waste of time and a lot of times done in vain.

Talking about dubs…

I am a HUGE dub fan, only two titles of mine are sub-only for example, and I useally refuse to buy things if there are no dubs, but I do once in awhile, and luckily for Sentai those two series are my “once in awhile”.

I understand how horrible the situation is, so yes while I’m upset these aren’t getting dubs, it’s just not worth the time to complain anymore. I understand how terrible the dvd’s are selling. SO yes I understand the situation, but I am not at all happy about it :(. I wish it could be better, and I hope that once the economy gets a little better perhaps there will be more dubs. I understand that ADV just got through a really tough pach, so I wouldn’t expect them to go and dub everything they got. But I would love to see some more dubs from them in the future. Please don’t let ADV’s dubbing studio die out in the terrible way it did with the Sojitz fallout. There’s so much talent, being unused :frowning: . So much more that could be (or could have been)…

These shows are pretty niche, so it is better for them they don’t dub them. Even though I’d rather it they did. It would making watchign them much more enjoyable :slight_smile: . I never fansub, so I’m not into dubs for new experiences or anything. I really just enjoy dubs, and without them I find I don’t like my anime as much as I should. I’ve been buying anime DVD’s since 2000, maybe if a few more people were still buying them instead of fansubbing we’d be seeing more dubs then we are currently.

Thinking about it, I’m kinda curious now.
Is it known yet, whether they also rescued the Sugar Summer Special?
It’s not really required for the series, though it does tie a nice little complimentary bow on it.

I guess Clannad didn’t sell enough to get a dub

There that is the only time I am saying it, don’t attack me…

Now on to the other news, why not just go to Otakon, they would have killed Funi and Bandai with these announcements, maybe not enough money.

Still ADV(or should I say Sentai) lives.