SoniAni ~Super Sonico the Animation~

VIDEO: “Kichijoji Super Sonic” Performed in Latest “SoniPro” Limited Video

July 17, 2014 12:10pm CDT
Plus Super Sonico: After The Party figure

Q. Oh yeah, any news on the Super Sonico anime?

A. Working on big things for Super Sonico. :wink: #NotakonSentaipanel2014

As in Tia Ballard being cast as Sonico?

That could work, but I’m of the opinion that it would work in a “flat-blade to drive a Phillips screw” kind of way.

I’m not sure why this was at Otakon, or why it was where it was at Otakon (across the aisle from the Sentai booth and enclosed in someone else’s booth), but it took me a second to parse the character art lol.

http://i.imgur.com/hJtjw7S.jpg

Show Your Super Sonico Love With A 40-cm Figure

posted on 2014-08-21 21:00 EDT

Well this reminds me that the mousepads that I saw being billed as “life size” definitely weren’t. :wink:

wonder if they’ll include that in the Limited Special Edition. :cheer:

Doing some extra special things today in the studio, pic related. :wink:

Let’s take a quick peek into the voice booth. :wink:

Some lunch time snacks for our special guest. :slight_smile: Super excited about revealing who it is, stay tuned!

We’ve got a big surprise coming your way soon, can’t wait to show you…but here’s a little teaser to get started! :wink:

Just looking at that booth is making me feel claustrophobic.

Everybody seems to have already guessed it’s Jessica Nigri, and with her retweeting that guitar pic, as well as posting this on Dec. 2nd, I’d assume they’re correct.
Really noticeable if you look at the booth pic Sentai posted and horizontally flip Jessica’s pic and look at both pics side by side.

MORE BOOTH RECORDING!! :smiley:

I chortled a bit at some of those semi-raunchy Tweets there.

Should we be reading into this “sonico cosplayer goes to Sentai’s dub studio and does in-booth photoshoot” scenario at all?

Well, going by something someone posted on Sentai’s FB:

It must be Super Sonico,I was looking through the latest issue of Otaku USA and there was an advertisement for it stating that there was going to be a surprise voice actress and I think a release.

if that is true, it’s more than just a photoshoot, not to mention, she said “booth recording”.

I’m surprised it’s getting a dub; wasn’t really expecting it to. Maybe it’ll make it “to own worthy” like Tamako Market.

If that is true then I’m also surprised that it is getting a dub.

I was holding out for Tia Ballard as Sonico, but willing to give Jessica a chance.

It’s entirely possible she’s there for some character other than Sonico, everyone just assumes it’s Sonico though.
I do see her being cast as Sonico as apropos, just because of her love for all things Sonico, but there are other female characters in Sonico she could voice.

True, and it will be her first VA gig, we shall see.

Super Sonico the Animation Will Get English Dub

posted on 2015-01-22 15:10 EST
Dub cast reveal upcoming

And the prelim cover art confirms Jessica Nigri.

An interesting turn of events.