Sugar: A Little Snow Fairy / Chicchana Yukitsukai Sugar

I really like this show so far, but I just saw episode 6 and

spoiler

it was a little on the sad side. Saga seems to be missing her Mom and the one special thing she has to remember her by - the music book - gets written on in crayon by Sugar. Granted, she didn’t know, but it was sad when Saga tells her to leave and never come back.
And one very funny moment - the elder in writing a love letter to Ginger - “You are a young pretty girl and I am an old man.” I had to laugh at that one!! What a way to write a letter to someone you like!! Glad he tossed it!!

There are quite a few sad episodes in this series. The final episodes is especially heart felt, and there is a later episode involving her piano that tugs at your heart strings.

Well, I guess that they had to counteract the cavity inducing, sugary sweetness of the show. But I think that’s a good thing. I look forward to it more now. :slight_smile:

Yeah, the ending to this show is rather sad, but it’s a very fitting and satisfying ending.

1 Like

That was sad. Sugar had no idea she had done about the cruelest thing she could do to Saga.

1 Like

Saw episode 7 -

spoiler

Sugar got in with a couple of bad boys. Loved her “punk” outfit - funny! But you could see, for all her carefree attitude, she really missed Saga. And Saga really missed her, especially when Pepper read the message for her.
Sugar felt awful when she found out what she did and what the sheet music meant to Saga. But they made up and I was happy about that. I like how the episode ended with the note/music taped to the wall above Saga’s desk - a sweet touch.
And the elder still hasn’t delivered his love letter! :laughing:
I also really love the piece of music that Saga’s mother played. And it was sweet when Saga played it on the toy piano. A good episode!

Episode 8 -

spoiler

Phil wants to be a great scientist. He wants to create an artificial aurora. Salt is annoyed by this, but after seeing his determination to succeed, he ends up helping him.
Once the experiment is set up, it goes well, but starts to fail. Salt tries to help and the aurora shines. But later Salt says that it wasn’t him – it must have been Phil all by himself. But I have a sneaky feeling that the Elder was involved. I also wonder at that scene of the truck and the close up of the stuffed bear. Interesting.

Episode 10 -

spoiler

The play, “The Bear Pianist”, is still in town. Saga was upset by an off hand comment from one of the actors, Vincent, about her coffee being a bit “stiff”. She even has a nightmare about it - it bothered her so much. But when she finally gets a chance to ask him about it, he said he didn’t mean anything by it. Actors!
But when he played the piano in the style of his favorite pianist, Ingrid Berman, Saga thought it sounded just like her mother’s playing. Is Ingrid Bergman her mother? Possibly, but I had to laugh because all I could envision was the actress!!
And when the fairies almost ruin the play (Greta was so funny here with the Elder down her back!), Vincent saves it with a boogie woogie type piano number and Saga gets annoyed at him again, because he was too hard on the piano and broke a string. She says that he is unprofessional, but I think she might have a little crush. :slight_smile:
And can Vincent see the fairies??? Can’t wait to find out!

i like little snow fairy sugar as well.

Again use the search at the top before you make a new thread.

1 Like

Episode 11 -

spoiler

The fairies think Vincent can see them and go though all kinds of funny antics while following him around. I liked the scene of him in the park with the children, making music for fun.
It looks like Saga still has mixed feelings about Vincent. When he catches her at the piano and offers to play with her, she does not want him to touch her mother’s piano and runs out of the shop. The shop keeper tells him that her mother was Ingrid Bergman. I thought she might be – still, that name!! :laugh:
But I think perhaps that Saga’s feelings towards Vincent are changing a little when she sees the children at the park still making the impromptu music that Vincent started with them.

Maybe it’s the perverted 14 year old inside me, but each time they say “bear pianist” and in ep. 12 “substitute pianist” I’m kind of glad no one’s around to hear that out of context and get the wrong idea…

What wrong idea?

Cause, you know, it sounds like something else, especially when the one word is spoken quickly and not much emphasis is given to the T at the end of it.

I guess I’m a prude.
I have always taken the word at face value and never looked beyond that, since there’s really no need in this show.

Ep. 12

Saga gets drafted to fill in for Vincent after he is hurt in an accident.
Rather enjoyed this episode. Saga got to finally understand Vincent. He was so supportive of her during the performance. Was nice to see them part as friends. Also it does seem Vincent can see Season Fairies since he made a point of waving at them at the end.

1 Like

Yes ShawnMerrow -

spoiler

I am glad that Saga got to share her gift with a real audience, although she was so nervous. But, the performance was a success and the audience looked surprised and pleased when Saga took her bow. Even Greta liked her.
It was a little sad when the troop left town, but I’m glad they promised to come back. I agree that Vincent can probably see the fairies too, but why didn’t he interact with them all this time? Strange, but I’m glad he waved to them at the end. And Vincent finally admitted to liking Saga’s coffee! About time! :laugh:
And Sugar’s plant now has a flower bud on it!

Ok, guys, I tried, I really did…

I watched 12 eps of this, but I just can’t watch anymore. It’s just too much for me.

It’s just not my type of series. I really gave it a shot.

Carry on without me.

1 Like

Aww, too “sugary” for you?

this show was good and sow sweet.:laugh: