The Familiar of Zero / Zero no Tsukaima

Okay, I just finished watching The Familiar of Zero with a friend, and we watched the first ep of The Familiar of Zero F, but it feels like there’s a season in-between that is missing. Would anyone happen to know what the title of the in-between series is, and maybe where we could find it to watch it? I’ve checked Netflix (since it was the DVD version we’d just finished watching thanks to Netflix), Crunchyroll, and Hulu, but I can’t even manage to find a reference to a season other than The Familiar of Zero F at the last two and only the first season on Netflix.

Familiar of Zero F is actually the 4th season.
The DVD (which was released by Geneon and then later distributed by FUNi) version only covers the 1st season.

As of this moment, there is no legal way to watch seasons 2 & 3. ( but if you just want the info on them they’re on ANN right here)
Everybodies assumption as to why Sentai licensed the 4th season though, was to eventually license seasons 2 & 3 (possibley even rescue season 1), however, there has been no word from them on whether they intend to grab the others or not, so right now it’s pretty much unknown.

Thanks. My friend and I really enjoyed the first season, but after trying to watch the first ep of F it was obvious that there was at least one season in the middle that was missing. I really hope that Sentai does make the effort for seasons 2 & 3, and eventually rescues season 1 as well for a complete matching set, especially since according to Wikipedia the license was dropped do to low sales. My friend hunted up information on it, but I still prefer to ask you guys as search engines and I have a tendency to not agree on what I’m looking for (particularly Google, and yet it still gives me what I’m looking for more often than the others I’ve tried, it’s just that when it’s off it’s way off).

UK’s MVM Ent. Adds 3 The Familiar of Zero Anime Seasons

posted on 2013-10-26 16:49 EDT

Well, if MVM doesn’t want another Mayo Chiki incident, then maybe this time they’ll give Sentai money to help fund a dub, if not enjoy your sub-only DVDs 'sucka…

Familiar of Zero F Cover/Disc Art

DVD

Blu-ray

Sentai Filmworks Press Release for Knight of the Twin Moons

November 17, 2014

Sentai Filmworks Adds Familiar of Zero: Knight of the Twin Moons Anime

posted on 2014-11-17 16:08 EST
Company previously licensed 1st & 4th TV anime, not 2nd & 3rd

Is this Season 2?

Yes, it is.

@Sentaifilmworks congratulations! I’d love to reprise my role if at all possible. -Cristina/Louise

Nice to see them filling in those gaps. All that remains is season 3.

Familiar of Zero F Starts Friday, January 30, 2015, on the Anime Network Online Player

Language: Japanese w/ English Subtitles

Knight of the Twin Moons Cover/Disc Art

DVD

Blu-ray

Knight of the Twin Moons, Eps 1-12 (Sub), are live at ANO

These episodes are now listed as FREE.

3rd Zero no Tsukaima Anime: Summer’s Princesses no Rondo

posted on 2008-03-27 17:03 EDT

Third Zero no Tsukaima Series Scheduled for July

posted on 2008-05-15 12:04 EDT

Third Zero no Tsukaima Anime’s TV Commercial Streamed

posted on 2008-06-27 12:19 EDT
Zero no Tsukaima: Princesses no Rondo to premiere in Japan on July 6

UK’s MVM Ent. Adds 3 The Familiar of Zero Anime Seasons

posted on 2013-10-26 16:49 EDT

Sentai Filmworks Press Release for Rondo of Princesses

January 20, 2015

Sentai Filmworks Licenses The Familiar of Zero: Rondo of Princesses Anime

posted on 2015-01-20 16:33 EST
Company previously licensed 1st, 2nd, & 4th TV anime

Knew you could do it. :smile:

Mark Gosdin

1 Like

Now Sentai just needs to get the dub going so that dub fans aren’t left hanging after Season 1.