The Helpful Fox Senko-san / Sewayaki Kitsune no Senko-san

This Week in Anime - The Helpful Fox Senko-san is both Comforting and Uncomfortable

by Michelle Liu & Andy Pfeiffer, May 7th 2019

3 Likes

Deep breaths.

“Let sleeping foxes lie Maou. You think it’s cute and calming, and that’s what matters. Let people badmouth the show. It’s their loss. Plus, since Funi licensed it, it’s guaranteed to get a physical release eventually.”

:sob::sob::sob:

1 Like

I stopped paying attention to most of ANN’s staffs thoughts years ago .

2 Likes
Episode 4

This episode made my heart melt :blush:

Senko not knowing how to use modern technology was just too adorable!

And don’t even get me started on her singing a lullaby in the Super Senko-san Time segment.

(Goes into diabetic coma from a combination of this episode and a can of Dr Pepper Dark Berry)

2 Likes
Episode 5

Was Senko actually jealous towards Shiro getting her head patted by Nakano?

Plus the Dawwness levels are OVER 9000!!!

Episode 6

Welp. I’m dead:

Didn’t know I needed Senko in a maid outfit in my life.

And the Traditional Japanese style maid outfit too. (Shiro is also super cute here :blush:)

3 Likes

Came today :
Glad I kept second guessing myself about where to order . Got it for cheaper and got a bonus .

3 Likes

Hnnngggggg. Heart stopping. Please help.

https://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2019/06/12-1/meet-the-helpful-fox-senko-san-new-figure-in-super-cute-maid-costume

2 Likes

Thought the company name sounded familiar. FOTS was the company that put out the awesome looking Dragon Maid figures that kept breaking in transit because of bad choice in plastic and poor packaging . Hopefully that company does not have exclusive rights and someone else puts figures out to .

2 Likes
Episode 8. Warning photo bomb 😂

This was quite possibly the best beach episode I’ve seen in a while. So soothing :blush:. As a bonus, no excessive beach fanservice. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t mind fanservice at all (PBS’s of both DXD and SND are in my collection), but here it would just seem way out of place. It’s a really nice change of pace :blush:

Of course, the adorableness of Senko in her swimsuit and sun hat was OVER 9000!!!

Speaking of that, did she go Senko Saiyan???:joy:

The dub calls this a shrimp. Isn’t it a clawless lobster?
(If it’s a shrimp, I’d love to try it)

Edit
Apparently, giant shrimp do exist. They are called giant tiger prawn. Still not as big as the ones in the show…
shrimp-forearm

This right here sent the waterworks. (Personally liked the dialogue better in the dub though):

Is the “new” fox-girl a kyūbi no kitsune? (Nine-tailed fox?)

Pouty Super-Senko Time :joy:

1 Like

Nine Tails are legends

1 Like

See Manga Author’s Newly-Drawn Box Art for Helpful Fox Senko-san’s 1st DVD/Blu-ray Volume

June 17, 2019 9:10pm CDT
Heartfelt comedy featuring 800-year-old fox spirit girl is available on Crunchyroll

3 Likes

Must resist buying it…

3 Likes

Hopefully the series gets a LE here and we get art cards with the art .

2 Likes

@MaouSadao brace yourself:

Since Nendo’s run in the $40-$70 price range, a bit better than dropping $185 on the maid Figure.

4 Likes

THANK YOU @Series5Ranger!!!

I can get her for my birthday!

:grin::grin::grin:

4 Likes
Ep 10’s best moment

4 Likes

I agree wholeheartedly!

Summary

Under the kotatsu, she becomes Senko Izumi!

:joy::joy::joy:

3 Likes

Just finished episode 12. Don’t really know what to post now.

It was a wonderful heartfelt ride.

Thank you Senko. I’ll never forget you.

And, to all the Children: Congratulations.

3 Likes

Just watched episode 12 today .
Going to miss this as it was a relaxing break when I needed it .
This season I’m seeing a lot more ecchi fan service or action titles . Not watched a few things so hopefully one of them will work until hopefully we get more Senko .

3 Likes

Just a recommendation.
If It’s For My Daughter, I’d Even Defeat A Demon Lord

While nowhere near as comforting as Senko, it does help fill the hole she left…

(Why couldn’t Senko-san be 2-cour? :sob::sob::sob:)

3 Likes