The Legend of the Galactic Heroes / Ginga Eiyū Densetsu

LoGH is old enough that the majority of it was cell animation. That masters can be rescanned up to just about any resolution. So there shouldn’t be any need for upscaling, unless the Japanese production committee really cheapened out. More than likely, any anomalies or flaws in the bluray were the result of poor encoding or production practices.

It’s also possible, and quite likely, that they overcompensated for some flaws and grain the original masters and went to far cleaning them. This is quite common in commercial bluray releases of older shows and movies.

Otakon 2016 - August 12, 2016
Sentai Panel

Sentai has confirmed that they have the main series, Gaiden, and the three movies.

Q. So I am sure you get this question a lot but when will the Legends of the Galatic Heroes dub be released/ any new updates?

A.

http://ask.fm/SentaiFilmworks/answers/139518108381

Q. I have asked this question before (and never gotten an answer) but will Legend of the Galactic Heroes be released season by season or all at the time?

A. We cannot release any home video details about LOGH prematurely to any official announcements.

Anime Boston - March 31, 2017
Sentai Panel

Kyoto’s Historic Nijō Castle Hosts Legend of the Galactic Heroes Event Featuring Ryo Horikawa

posted on 2017-04-04 21:45 EDT by Amanda Whalen

https://ask.fm/SentaiFilmworks/answers/140404690397

Q. What is the status on the Legend of the Galactic Heroes release? The Ask Sentai section hasn’t mentioned the title since 2015 and it’s making me worried.

A. Still being carefully, meticulously worked on. They talk SO MUCH. And it all had to be translated and localized. We’re not going to forget a large, high profile project like that, but we also can’t announce a date and then keep changing it, ya know?

1 Like

Production I.G’s New Legend of the Galactic Heroes Anime Recasts Main Characters

posted on 2017-05-10 00:50 EDT
Reinhard, Kircheis, Yang’s new cast to be revealed in September; new visual shows young Reinhard

HIDIVE Streaming Announcement for LotGH

June 20, 2017

1 Like

Legend of the Galactic Heroes, Eps 1-8 are now live at HIDIVE!
6/22/17

https://www.hidive.com/community

Q. Are y’all going to do a blu ray release for Galactic Heroes? It’s my favorite show of all time! I’d shill out serious scratch for a box set!

A. Working on that home video release still! Big project, but, as you can see, we’re making progress with those subtitle files.

Q. Do you still have the license for Legend of the Galactic Heroes? Also, where can I legally stream the series?

A. FUNNY YOU SHOULD ASK THAT!
Sorry for getting to this question a little late, but you can legally stream the series on HIDIVE.com :slight_smile: Our new partner!

Legend of the Galactic Heroes, Eps 9-11, are now live at HIDIVE

Legend of the Galactic Heroes, Eps 12-14, are now live at HIDIVE

Legend of the Galactic Heroes, Eps 15-17, are now live at HIDIVE

Legend of the Galactic Heroes, Eps 18-20, are now live at HIDIVE

Legend of the Galactic Heroes, Eps 21-23, are now live at HIDIVE